News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Advise on moving an enemy/editing part of a stage on a GBC game.  (Read 935 times)

Maeson

• View Profile
Advise on moving an enemy/editing part of a stage on a GBC game.
« on: November 03, 2015, 04:19:22 am »
Hi.

My goal is to move this red enemy:

to the platform above. The reason is, that almost every emulator that I try to use with this game crashes when you have to move the enemy yourself. And i'm not going to play this with vba on my crappy computer with a keyboard.

The idea is to transform it into a block, and use the elevator (platform with red crosses) to move it up there, but the game suddenly stops when going up if the enemy block is on the elevator as it goes up. I tried several roms, but it happens always. Not even the "Goodgbx 3.14" is safe from this.

Problem is, I've never done anything like this, and I would like some advice on where could I start to look at.

If that's imposible to do, then the other option would be to change that section of the stage so it has a ladder to go up to the next section... But again, never have done that.

For one I know that changing the stage sprites around to put a ladder is useless as it just how it looks, it's functionality will be the same (or none, if you change the sprites used for the background).

Any kind of tip or advise would help.

Thank you.
I'm off for some time. If for some weird, strange, and important reason, you need to talk to me, just send me a PM and probably I'll read it whenever I come back.