News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: <SNES> ISSD International Superstar Soccer Deluxe - Camera zoom out?  (Read 2832 times)

als

• View Profile
Hello everybody.
I´m here to ask if someone knows if it´s possible to increase the view of the field of this rom. Can anyone help me please?

Examples
Normal view:

Increased view 01

Increased view 02

Ill be glad for any answers.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:56:19 pm by als »

FAST6191

• View Profile
Re: ISSD International Superstar Soccer Deluxe - Question
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 08:53:54 pm »
Afraid I do not know my football games well enough to tell at a glance. Is this would be project aimed at the SNES, megadrive/genesis or PS1 versions of this game? It is odd but the PS1 does have proper 3d support where the others would possibly use a slightly different method. I assume the camera zooms out as a character runs the field and is not likely to need fiddly work.

Technically that is not a field of view hack as much as camera height. That is OK though as height is hopefully just a value where field of view on anything that old would be a nightmare hack in most cases.
Anyway the different systems will probably handle it in a different way as mentioned.
I imagine the 16 bit stuff will just have a value and that sets a camera height mode. The PS1 will probably have an actual 3d game (does it have a smooth scroll to change height or is a more abrupt?). Either way you will probably be setting a value that relates to this height. Personally I would find out what this is much you would make a cheat (start a game, do as little as you can but try to force the height to change, do this enough times and you will hopefully find it. From here you can make a cheat to hold it at whatever value you like, altering the camera behaviour beyond this can be a bit harder but if you found the location for this height value then you can use that as a starting point for everything else.

als

• View Profile
Re: ISSD International Superstar Soccer Deluxe - Question
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 10:28:41 pm »
I forget to mention that this ISSD is a Snes game.
I hope you are right and making a zoom out is as "easy" as finding a value.
Sincerely i dont know anything about hacking-programing, do you or anybody know how or if there is a program to  do such thing?
Besides, i would very surprised if no one ever wanted to zoom out a Snes rom. I hope its possible.
Thanks for help!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:36:05 pm by als »

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: <SNES> ISSD International Superstar Soccer Deluxe - Camera zoom out?
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 12:28:26 am »
If it's a SNES game, it is almost certainly using a tilemap. I don't know the exact size (I mean actual size, not the size with upscale or whatever "improvements" you have turned on), but the second might be doable if you wanted to rewrite large parts of the game code.
That last picture is almost certainly well beyond the resolution limits of the SNES.

(most games are 256x224 NTSC/256x239 PAL. The SNES supports doubling the resolution in either or both dimensions, but that is rarely used in actual gameplay. One very likely reason is that using the smaller resolution gives them some room in the video memory to draw graphics off-screen as the game scrolls, so they can appear nicely after scrolled onto the screen. Using a higher resolution (I think) will draw the entire video memory on the screen, not giving them room to draw off-screen screens and creating ugly scrolling glitches like what is common in NES games.)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018