News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Moddable PC Games/PC Game Mods Thread  (Read 4824 times)

Bonesy

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
Moddable PC Games/PC Game Mods Thread
« on: October 27, 2015, 10:30:19 pm »
From Doom to MGS V, discuss PC game mods. Mostly made this because I was interested in playing Diablo 2 again and was wondering if there were any good mods for it out there.

Lilinda

• View Profile
Re: Moddable PC Games/PC Game Mods Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 10:50:30 pm »
PlugY or whatever it's called is a goddamned requirement at this point for Diablo 2.

For Fallout New Vegas: Be sure to get More Perks and Mission Mojave.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

STARWIN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 10:55:21 pm »
Every time I look at that I end up at http://d2mods.info/forum/viewforum.php?f=157 but it isn't done yet. The other mods look like they are full of things or incomplete so somehow I end up playing the game with no mods. Then I complete the first act with some build and then I repeat the whole process next year. For the other mods that I never bother to check phrozen keep has other sections for, and then there is median xl.

Bonesy

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 12:49:39 am »
I know I talked to you on IRC about it a bit, IST, but what are some other important mods for Torchlight 2?

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 01:16:39 am »
The list of games with essential mods or source ports just keeps on growing.  Theme Hospital, Dungeon Keeper, XCOM, Fallout 2, Torment, and System Shock 2 are but the first couple that spring to mind.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Xenesis

• Syogun Changer
    • View Profile
    • Wars World News
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 06:40:49 pm »
I know I talked to you on IRC about it a bit, IST, but what are some other important mods for Torchlight 2?

I personally liked the one that disabled Monsters getting critical hits...because crits in that game are just ridiculous from enemies :P

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 12:25:01 am »
The list of games with essential mods or source ports just keeps on growing.  Theme Hospital, Dungeon Keeper, XCOM, Fallout 2, Torment, and System Shock 2 are but the first couple that spring to mind.

The System Shock 2 ones that are out are pretty nice for a game that old :)

VicVergil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 04:28:36 am »
At any rate, MGS V badly needs that whole online nonsense modded out.

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 10:05:07 am »
I remember that the field (background) in FIFA on Dos was simply a pcx that I could edit in paintbrush. It was my first "hack". Many games have open file formats like that.

Bob Liu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 03:30:56 pm »
Mount & Blade comes to mind. Made a few mods for that myself.

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2015, 01:59:37 pm »
Project Brutality for Doom. It's like Brutal Doom on steroids punching Hitler through the stomach like it's Kung Pow!: Enter the Fist.

It's a standalone mod (doesn't require Brutal doom to work) and is built off of Brutal doom v20.

It's literally the most  extreme, over-the-top, laughably and satisfyling violent thing I've ever played in my life. There are variants of every monster in the game and multiple ways of spawning (I use Default Random for a somewhat different experince each time I start a wad). There are waaaay more weapons, all of which have alt-fire/weapon special abilites. More melee combos. Mach speed sliding kicks (crouch and do a kick; this makes level two of Plutonia so fucking fun).

Remember imps? They can climb across the ceiling and shoot fireballs, as well as jump down the floor/jump back on the ceiling. Try playing the level in Doom 2 where you can crush an arachnotron by fliping a switch - I was seeing imps jump up to that level's super-tall ceiling llike it was DBZ meets the Excorcist. :)

Oh yeah, and just about eveything in this mod is customozable from the "Project Brutality" menu during play - you get to decide if Imps can jump on the ceiling, if certain variants spawn, and more.

And with all that said, I still don't think I've hyped this up enough to properly express how absurdly fun it is. PLAY IT. PLAY IT NAO!!!
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 02:16:31 pm »
Shit, Brutal Doom but even dumber?! SIGN ME THE FUCK UP
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

FallenAngel2387

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2015, 11:15:28 am »
If you're having a hard time getting the original Diablo to run, there's always this:
http://diablo1.ovh.org/hd/?download

You can play it without the disc, if you copy the diabdat.mpq file from it to the program's main directory. The issue is that you can't play vanilla Diablo as it was, and this mod adds some insane enemies, like off color enemies that heal faster than you can seemingly damage them, while they cause you to slow down, and they're not sub-bosses. If you can deal with difficulty cranked to 11, it's an option anyway. It also does some things more like Diablo II(like no saves, but it will save your progress when you exit, and it now has waypoints).

Knights of the Old Republic II:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm/downloads
^If you're going to use both, install TSLRCM 1.8.4 first, as it would overwrite the other one.

Doesn't give the game an ending, or fix all of it's bugs, but you get an extended version of the game, which the X-Box version can't get.