I have come here because I developed a new IPS patcher*, and before I release it, even as a beta, I first want to test it with difficult cases. So, do you people know of patches in IPS format (hosted here or elsewhere) that feature one or more of the following:
- the result is longer than the original, with the patch not specifying all extra bytes because it assumes that not specified bytes will be filled with 0x00
- the patch has sections that are out of sequence
- the patch has sections that overlap
- the patch has a section that starts at pointer 0x454F46 in the result
- the patch is otherwise known as difficult and not working in all patchers.
Thanks in advance for the help!
(my program only applies patches, I don't need to test patch generation)
*What, yet another patcher? Yes, but that one will be different; I'm not telling how just yet.
October 26, 2015, 04:48:22 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
For what it's worth, I already tested it with Zelda Starring Zelda (which contains a RLE section) and a few patches here that lengthen the original ROM, and I could play the result in both cases without apparent issue.