News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Finished SNES platformer game English translation slithers by.  (Read 7773 times)

RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by Romhacking.net's RHDNBot.

Update By: KingMike

I've released another patch for Jelly Boy 2 for the SNES.
This should be the finished patch. It includes Chris Covell's enhanced title screen, as well as a couple small graphic changes over the previously released finished version.

I've included both IPS and Ninja patches.
If you have trouble patching with IPS, remember that the ROM should NOT have a header, and check the CRC32, since it's a prototype game and doesn't have a good checksum. Only issue setting it apart from a finished game is the music dies an ear-piercing death in the ending credits, but that seems to be an issue outside the patch.

The patch can also be obtained from RHDN's Jelly Boy 2 page.

Relevant Link: (http://kingmike.emuxhaven.net)

DaMarsMan

• Bring DQV
    • View Profile
    • DQ Translations!
Was Jerry Boy just a mis transaltion for the first one? Seems like Jelly Boy should be the only option here.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
I thought the same thing. It's called Jelly Boy two, but it's the sequel to Jerry Boy. There is no Jelly Boy 1.

I assume the official English translation of the first title is wrong. It should have been Jelly Boy.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
There is a PAL-only game called Jelly Boy, but I don't think it's related.
And in Jerry Boy/Smart Ball, the main character was called Prince Jerry (SB only printed the background story in the manual).
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
There is a PAL-only game called Jelly Boy, but I don't think it's related.
And in Jerry Boy/Smart Ball, the main character was called Prince Jerry (SB only printed the background story in the manual).

So, why isn't your translation 'Jerry Boy 2'. I'm just not getting it.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Kitsune Sniper

• Complaining about mods == trolling, whee
    • View Profile
    • Foxhack.net
Um. Jerry = Jelly. Remember, the Japanese can't pronounce R/L correctly.

Curiously enough, the Japanese version of SmartBall is called Jerry Boy. Hell it even has a freakin' intro, unlike the US version (SmartBall). So I think KingMike goofed. ;)
For any further project updates, please visit my website. I do not wish to belong to a site where a user has no voice.

DaMarsMan

• Bring DQV
    • View Profile
    • DQ Translations!
Perhaps it's a pun, his name is Jerry and he is a Jerry. Since the pronounciation is the same in Japanese.

Viewer

• View Profile
I believe it is a pun, considering his brother is named Tom...