News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: At Long Last Women Run the Shadows too!  (Read 43754 times)

DarkSol

• Forum Moderator
  • IRC Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: At Long Last Women Run the Shadows too!
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2015, 05:25:39 pm »
If only the person in charge of writing news articles for hacks hadn't decided to bring up the issue in the first place.

You mean the patch author, right? 
It is wrong to try to avoid the struggle against imperialism under the pretext that independence and revolution are important, but that peace is still more precious.

xnamkcor

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2015, 07:07:07 pm »
You mean the patch author, right?

Whoever it was that was responsible for the wording.

When I mentioned the bug the author said they just had tested it and had a similar problem.

Also I just noticed this-

It seems when you first start out in the game your pistol ammo is at '00' and fires an infinite amount of bullets without effecting your number of clips or having to reload at all.

(Until you unequip it.)   

Pistols typically use Magazines

[triggered]

Bonesy

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2015, 07:27:03 pm »
my gun's use clips universally

DarkSol

• Forum Moderator
  • IRC Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2015, 08:10:55 pm »

I think that the patch author is allowed to have whatever reason they want for creating the patch.  That and they should be allowed to state their intent for creating it.

Just because a group of people do not necessarily agree with authorial intent does not mean that that intent is diminished by any means.
It is wrong to try to avoid the struggle against imperialism under the pretext that independence and revolution are important, but that peace is still more precious.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2015, 08:13:52 pm »
Man... Is this still going on?

*shakes head*
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

Tharthan

• Groovemaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2015, 09:29:34 pm »
Man... Is this still going on?

*shakes head*

Not really, thankfully. It's just a couple of users (mostly newbies who seem to have registered just for the purpose of posting in this topic :|)

Most people are actually talking about the hack.

Grinder

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2015, 10:03:05 pm »

Pistols typically use Magazines

[triggered]

I know this. I was referring to how the game uses it.

I go by mags'

and rounds' (not bullets.)

but thats how the game used it. (I even didn't like that I had to use their exact name of 'clips' for this.)

xnamkcor

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2015, 01:17:43 am »
I think that the patch author is allowed to have whatever reason they want for creating the patch.  That and they should be allowed to state their intent for creating it.

Just because a group of people do not necessarily agree with authorial intent does not mean that that intent is diminished by any means.

The author is allowed to say whatever. It's his art, but that doesn't change that they said it or that it has consequences or reactions.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2015, 01:44:57 am »
The author is allowed to say whatever. It's his art, but that doesn't change that they said it or that it has consequences or reactions.

Are you still upset about the opening post? If so, holy shit...

xnamkcor

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2015, 01:56:19 am »
Are you still upset about the opening post? If so, holy shit...

From the 5th page.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2015, 02:04:06 am »
From the 5th page.

I'm confused. :huh:

EDIT: Well, I guess it's really not that important. I probably just came in here to start trouble. LOL
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 02:57:31 am by SunGodPortal »

HaxorKyo

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2015, 05:18:14 am »
Are there any plans for a SNES version of this?

prof1515

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2015, 05:24:45 pm »
Are there any plans for a SNES version of this?

At present there are no such plans though the SNES Shadowrun is on my long list of mods I'd like to attempt.  At present I don't believe that I have either the grasp of the game inside and out or the level of skill necessary to do it though.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2015, 05:26:45 pm »
At present there are no such plans though the SNES Shadowrun is on my long list of mods I'd like to attempt.  At present I don't believe that I have either the grasp of the game inside and out or the level of skill necessary to do it though.

For a while I've wanted to do a graphics overhaul of this one and while I remember looking into it, I don't recall if the graphics were in a form that was easy to edit or not. Just thought I'd mention.

DarkSol

• Forum Moderator
  • IRC Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2015, 10:27:57 pm »

I never said that what they wrote exists in a vacuum.  That said, just because you don't agree with what they wrote, doesn't mean you're right and they are wrong.  Nor does it mean that they shouldn't have brought up the issue in the first place.  That is totally their prerogative to do so, not yours to tell them what they can and cannot post/write/say/do. And before you say that's not what you meant...

If only the person in charge of writing news articles for hacks hadn't decided to bring up the issue in the first place.

Aquillion

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2015, 11:18:54 pm »
Yaaaay!  It's always good to see more options like these.  I hope your nieces enjoy it, Jason!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 11:35:43 pm by Aquillion »

kristigurl

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2015, 08:52:40 am »
Jeez, lovely that the millitant anti-feminists have taken over this thread again... and all I wanted to do is suggest that some one should make a similar hack for the SNES game...
 :banghead:

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2015, 09:30:12 am »
And nobody's stopping you from doing that, no need to poison the well further.
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

faltain

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2015, 11:06:36 am »
What's this world coming to when a game hacking forum (of all places) is trolled and maliciously bogged down by political themed garbage? What's next... big arguments about who's right and wrong for our religious beliefs? There ARE Mario hacks that involve him with crosses and such... if someone brought those to light on here would there be a big argument involving those? Really though, who the hell cares...? There's plenty of other places to take your opinions, (like forums specifically designed for religion/politics/abortion/other debated things)... and you aren't being Mr. Wholier then Thou by arguing for the sake of arguments sake while here, on a game hacking forum.

As others have (rightfully) pointed out, there's already hacks on here about Nazi's and dicks shooting them... and yet the thing that caused outrage is a sprite being switched around from male to female... It's stuff like that that makes me lose faith in the human race. Forest for the trees, guys. Forest for the trees.

Gedankenschild

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2015, 12:29:48 pm »
Jeez, lovely that the millitant anti-feminists have taken over this thread again... and all I wanted to do is suggest that some one should make a similar hack for the SNES game...
 :banghead:

I was set on staying out, but I have to comment on this:

the thing that caused outrage is a sprite being switched around from male to female...

Please be more precise. No one said "Women shouldn't be playable characters in games".
That's a trope vs men in video games right there. >:D

That's it, I'm out. :angel: