News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Time to test your IQ  (Read 30333 times)

puzzledude

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Time to test your IQ
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2015, 06:50:04 pm »
The difference is is that Direct X is a trusted installer.. You, however, I do not trust. And everything you say stinks if something someone spreading malware would say to try to trick people into running it.
What a paranoid statement. If you don't trust me, why don't you run all my files throught the Malware scanner and Antivirus... to find No malicious files whatsoever, and ultimately proove me right.

The difference is is that Direct X is a trusted installer.. You, however, I do not trust. And everything you say stinks if something someone spreading malware would say to try to trick people into running it.
Yes, that's the thank you we get for all the hard work invested into our project.

How difficult it is to use the patch only then. And use your thrustworthy programs for all the rest neccesary to play the rom.
------------------

Here's the tip:
Delete all files of my hack from your computer and go out and enjoy the sun. I hope you trust this statement. Computers and romhacks are clearly not for you.

You are probably one of those people who think that the Queen of England is a dinosaur, or the lizard from another world, conctroling us; and that everytime a tornado comes around - someone made it with the special weather machine called HARP.
------------------

The only reason for a specific format for this hack was to stop illegal cart making. Strangly that you have nothing to say about that - an actual and prooven crime - unlike your false accusations.
------------------

If the game had not been flagged for removal already, just because it doesn't run on real hadware, I would definitely flag it myself after this obscure thread.

October 08, 2015, 07:18:23 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
There you go everyone. Because of this obscure thread you have killed this beautiful work of art. I hope you are happy.

If someone says NO to illegal cartmaking and takes measures to protect his own copyrighted work, then suddenly he is spreading malware. How beyond-dumb assumptions.

October 08, 2015, 07:20:59 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Don't worry xnamkcor. The hack will be off this site and out of the internet very soon. You Are Safe!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 07:41:15 pm by puzzledude »

xnamkcor

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2015, 07:40:53 pm »
Your hard work is appreciated. Your purposeful obfuscation is not. If it were merely a case of running it on Fus's 8mb compatible build of ZSNES, it would have been acceptable that it was a larger format ROM, but the fact that you broke it on all emulators except a program only you supplied, seems suspicious and is way too far from even pretending to call "emulation" or the modification of an existing engine to run on the same console.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2015, 07:48:58 pm »
I'm glad I downloaded this and enjoyed playing it (while I had the chance), rather than spending all of that time whining.

R.I.P. Zelda 3 IQ Test 10/04/15 - 10/08/15

PS: Sorry if it seems a little puerile, but I just wanted to say one last thing before I let this go and move on.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 07:58:14 pm by SunGodPortal »
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Erockbrox

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2015, 08:13:06 pm »
RIP block puzzles

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2015, 08:14:18 pm »
This thread is kind of sad; Puzzledude worked very hard on this hack and the most he gets from people is whining about emulation issues. You can tell a lot of hours went into this hack and overall the puzzles are rather minimalistic yet impressively deep.

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2015, 08:27:49 pm »
The only person whining in this thread was puzzledude.

I merely stated the trade-off involved with his decision to use Exlorom, and said numerous times that I didn't care how his hack was formatted as long as he understood the trade-off.

Most of the back and forth between us was puzzledude trying to tell me how emulation works and me trying to explain to him that that's not actually how it works.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2015, 08:36:37 pm »
I merely stated the trade-off involved with his decision to use Exlorom, and said numerous times that I didn't care how his hack was formatted as long as he understood the trade-off.

Most of the back and forth between us was puzzledude trying to tell me how emulation works and me trying to explain to him that that's not actually how it works.

Well, you actually had something to say that was insightful. A lot of the others were just bitching and moaning.

Anyway, it's a good hack and as far as I know, it will still be available at Zeldix if anyone is interested.

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2015, 09:13:00 pm »
What a paranoid statement. If you don't trust me, why don't you run all my files throught the Malware scanner and Antivirus... to find No malicious files whatsoever, and ultimately proove me right.
Yes, that's the thank you we get for all the hard work invested into our project.

How difficult it is to use the patch only then. And use your thrustworthy programs for all the rest neccesary to play the rom.
------------------

Here's the tip:
Delete all files of my hack from your computer and go out and enjoy the sun. I hope you trust this statement. Computers and romhacks are clearly not for you.

You are probably one of those people who think that the Queen of England is a dinosaur, or the lizard from another world, conctroling us; and that everytime a tornado comes around - someone made it with the special weather machine called HARP.
------------------

The only reason for a specific format for this hack was to stop illegal cart making. Strangly that you have nothing to say about that - an actual and prooven crime - unlike your false accusations.
------------------

If the game had not been flagged for removal already, just because it doesn't run on real hadware, I would definitely flag it myself after this obscure thread.

October 08, 2015, 07:18:23 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
There you go everyone. Because of this obscure thread you have killed this beautiful work of art. I hope you are happy.

If someone says NO to illegal cartmaking and takes measures to protect his own copyrighted work, then suddenly he is spreading malware. How beyond-dumb assumptions.

October 08, 2015, 07:20:59 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Don't worry xnamkcor. The hack will be off this site and out of the internet very soon. You Are Safe!

I don't think you're spreading malware.

In any case, stopping illegal cart making isn't the most important issue here.
It's the technical details of the method used to do so. Limits emulator compatibility too much.

schtolteheim

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 08, 2015, 09:21:56 pm »
What happened here is ridiculous, and at times even shameful.
Now the hack has been removed?!

I would have prefered to play on 3DS but it was only a minor hassle to run it on a shitty laptop I had around, even the "problematic" Snes9x worked for me.
I don't blame Puzzledude for what he did; if a product has quality I'm willing to overlook this.
I respect that he has his reasons, although he'd do well to free himself of his grudges.

I got the hack earlier today and had an enjoyable session. There is a noticeable gap in quality though.
The first dungeon is some really lame bullshit. When I played that I thought: this is it?! Is that a joke?
It being the first dungeon makes for a bad show-case; I'd even say it oughta be cut.
Puzz, I assume you'd agree that it is the weakest part of the whole game, no?

The second dungeon was also massively annoying but it was still somewhat interesting.

The third dungeon was what I've been hoping for, excellent work there. I just now obtained the hookshot after a glorious march through that maze room; I failed that maze several times because I falsely believed some of those doors/fences were red herrings(as encountered in other logic games), but in the end each element had its purpose.
At times the bulldozing of watery trails got bothersome; it was too much work and too many moves to accomplish obvious goals, which was especially painful after restarts.

One more thing about water and boxes: Did you know that boxes can be pushed along a shore when the box is in the water(and therefore presumedly should be illegal to be moved) if Link has one foot on dry land?

~   ~  ~  ~ ___ ~ ~      water
_________,—|_B|____
  . .. … →'-L'                land

It only works if the shore is horizontal with water in the north and land in the south.
Did you account for that, Puzz? I only noticed it very late, but this probably makes the game easier in parts, or could possibly even break some puzzles.

NOW GET THE HACK BACK ONTO THE SITE, PEOPLE!!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 09:44:28 pm by schtolteheim »

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 08, 2015, 09:56:23 pm »
What I found funny here is that tremendous garbage like "dick nazis headless mario" and other trash like that; are not only allowed here, but encouraged to be made and upload, but a normal or high quality hack like this is not allowed and flag for removal.

Hi. My name is I.S.T. I'm a moderator and I've posted this in several of the topics, but

stop complaining about those hacks

we've had this discussion a minimum of 25 times now(My best guess is 35+), and it's going nowhere. those hacks are allowed, period.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2015, 10:02:28 pm »
Hi. My name is I.S.T. I'm a moderator and I've posted this in several of the topics, but

stop complaining about those hacks

we've had this discussion a minimum of 25 times now(My best guess is 35+), and it's going nowhere. those hacks are allowed, period.

:)

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2015, 10:04:33 pm »
PS this thread's gone to shit in the day or so I've been absent.

I'm temporarily locking it while the moderator team works out what the fuck to do about shit and stuff. See y'all in a few days!
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016