News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: I have a question about Sappy.  (Read 1241 times)

MMG123

• View Profile
I have a question about Sappy.
« on: October 01, 2015, 07:07:12 pm »
I trying to edit the music in the Mega Man Zero games mainly Mega Man Zero 3 its just that when I assemble my created ".s file" in sappy it sounds horrible in sappy and in the game, the only instrument in any midi file I'm using that I can get a pleasing sound from in sappy and the game is the harmonica instrument.

Bregalad

• View Profile
Re: I have a question about Sappy.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 03:52:16 am »
Did you take in account the soundfont used my the game ? Most games do *not* use General-MIDI compliant soundfonts. Only some games use partially GM compliant soundfonts.

MMG123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 07:10:39 am »
I'm not sure what type of soundfont the game uses but this is what I tried.

I used the GBAMusRiper program on the game and t created a folder with .mid files in it and it also had a .sf2 file, I loaded the .sf2 file is Awave Studio and I get this

It plays the instruments but it doesn't tell me what instrument it is, then I saved it as a dls and then I loaded a midi file in FL Studio and I tried to load the dls file in fruity loops all the instruments names are hex offsets, I was hoping that if I used the games instruments from the dls file on the midi I wanted to use that it would work but I can't seem to get it to.

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 08:50:22 am »
Of course it does not tell you which instrument it is. That information is not in the ROM, you know ? How could GBAMusRiper possibly guess what instrument it is decoding ? You are expecting the impossible. Just rename them yourself manually if it helps you.

MMG123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 11:35:43 am »
I know it doesn't tell me, what I meant by it doesn't tell me is that since it doesn't tell me I'm not sure what to name the instruments to since I don't know what instruments the game uses for each song. What I really wanted to know is how to change the instruments of the midi i want to use with the instruments of game and how to export the midi because when I change the instruments of the midi with the games instruments in FL Studio and when I export it doesn't sound like it did in the program.