News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Error when trying to launch Ghosts n' Goblins GNGwin editor  (Read 943 times)

Grimlock

• Graphics Artist, Level Designer
    • View Profile
Error when trying to launch Ghosts n' Goblins GNGwin editor
« on: September 20, 2015, 10:08:19 pm »
So I felt like playing around with this editor to see what it's capabilities are (Maybe for a future project down the road) but I can't seem to get it to launch due to an error that pops up.

I'm using Windows 7 and compatibility mode doesn't appear to help any.  There isn't any documentation with the editor and the D/L page here at RHDN doesn't reference any additional instructions in getting it to launch, I'm at a loss.

Anyone have an idea as to what this error is referring to and how to get past it?

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
Re: Error when trying to launch Ghosts n' Goblins GNGwin editor
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 10:14:25 pm »
When I run into a problem like that, I search the internet for a site where someone has uploaded the offending file and save it to the application folder. Usually works.

Grimlock

• Graphics Artist, Level Designer
    • View Profile
Re: Error when trying to launch Ghosts n' Goblins GNGwin editor
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 08:39:17 am »
I looked into WNOSTRAY.OCX by searching the file name.  I'm going to skip on downloading a random WNOSTRAY.OCX as there are apparently several infected copies out their.  I suppose I'll just have to wait for the author of this editor to do an update.  Judging from its age it's probably not likely.