News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Lufia-Patches by Artemis  (Read 63878 times)

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Lufia-Patches by Artemis
« Reply #340 on: May 05, 2018, 04:45:10 pm »
I think I might add it in the next update, then. I was bored the other day and submitted the "vanilla font" alternatives to RHDN.
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Artemis

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 08, 2018, 09:40:57 am »
Okay, time to finally do it for really real: Therefore, I declare the beta status of my patches to be fully over.

So, no more updates without changing the version number.

gadesx

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 19, 2018, 07:23:30 am »

As this image, I tried long ago change the colors of items instead black only icons and works fine, I have a spanish translation in progress with these changes too

I've seen a new hack called Lufia 2 Age of Sinistrals
http://ngplus.net/index.php?/forums/topic/188-lufia-2-age-of-the-sinistrals/&page=1

About Lufia 3 with a gameplay like Lufia 2, that was one of many ideas of my fangame Lufia Dawn of Sinistrals (google check if someone it's interested, I can share all I have done)

Celice

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 27, 2018, 10:14:24 pm »
Hey all,

Are there any difficulty patches compatible with the Lufia Restored patch? This one here,

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2744/

I found this difficulty hack and the readme suggests it would be compatible, but any time I apply the difficulty patch, I get a crash right after the Taito splash screen. This happens if I patch an unpatched ROM or one patched with the Restored patch.

http://www.jce3000gt.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=145

This is my first time playing Lufia, and as I've gotten older I've wanted more difficult experiences to try and overcome in RPGs. Lufia 1's default difficulty so far is just mashing attack, so I was hoping to get something more difficult. Thanks for any help!

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 25, 2018, 11:11:18 pm »
Hey Celice! So sorry I didn't see your post until now. I've sent you a PM with help on this. (The gist of it is that the Hard Mode mod needs an unheadered ROM, but Restored uses a headered ROM. TUSH is your friend for header issues!)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 01:29:35 pm by vivify93 »

Artemis

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 29, 2018, 09:55:12 pm »
I made another little update for Spekkio Lufia as I felt the Egg Dragon somehow lacks a proper grande finale.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uqujw1blaws7o7c/Lufia-Patches_v3.zip/file

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 30, 2018, 10:12:27 pm »
Hey Artemis, I am going to submit Frue Lufia, the Kureji package, and the Spekkio package to RHDN. (Just those 3 of the English packs) Was the ROM you used headered or unheadered? (I know it's the US ROM)

Artemis

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 31, 2018, 06:54:07 am »
They are all for headered ROMs.

And speaking of Kureji, please upload the difficult version with normal enemy buff. As that's the one I consider the best out of the 4 different Kureji versions.

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 31, 2018, 11:04:42 am »
I was just gonna do all versions of Kureji and Spekkio, honestly. Would you prefer me not to?

Artemis

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 31, 2018, 01:10:57 pm »
Hmm, that's actually quite a tough question. As I'm not sure if the choice between four somewhat similar mods is a good choice - instead of being a blatant case of overchoice.

So it might be better to just upload one Frue, one Spekkio and one Kureji.

Especially considering that everyone on YouTube etc. did choose the Fruely Hardcore version - and just no one of them finished. I know about some off-screen victories, it's not undoable, but I really think the aforementioned version is somewhat more fun to play.

And just be sure to upload the new v3.1 in case of Spekkio.

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 31, 2018, 07:43:06 pm »
Frue Lufia has been submitted. I altered the "notable changes" text file a bit to list the full changes, including all bug fixes, since the bug fix folders aren't included in this upload.

I have another question. Is it fair to say that Spekkio and Kureji are based off of Frue Lufia, in that they both include all of the bug fixes and script changes that Frue has? (I'd rather not list the bug fixes every time in each project, if it can be avoided)

Edit - I made a mistake in the changelog; I thought the Ancient Cave reset glitch meant that the game reset to the title screen if you died on stairs. But it just resets your stats and inventory. So I need to submit an update as soon as it's officially uploaded to the site.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 07:55:35 pm by vivify93 »

Artemis

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 01, 2018, 12:38:45 am »
Yeah, I guess it's fair to say so.

September 01, 2018, 09:00:45 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Okay, Frue is up now. Just one thing: The minor rebalancing applies for Spekkio, not for Frue. In Frue I didn't rebalance consciously anything.

However, the emphasis is on consciously as I rebalanced the game slightly as the result of fixing some issues. For example, you can murder the Venge Ghost and the Ghost Ship bosses by tossing Miracles at them due to allowing them to heal more than 999 HP.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:00:45 am by Artemis »

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 01, 2018, 03:51:44 pm »
By "minor rebalancing" I was referring to the IP Skill cost adjustments, Gold Dragon HP values, enemy AI fixes, etc.

edit - update to Frue Lufia documentation is up
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 03:36:04 am by vivify93 »

Artemis

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 02, 2018, 06:09:29 am »
Ah, I see. So then there's only Spekkio and Kureji. It's four representative screenshots per mod, eh? I'm looking for relevant pics then.

About the readme:
- It's the last hit of the Octo-Strike (and similar multi-hit IP moves) that was problematic, not the first
- the visual glitch with the Hammer patch isn't included at all due the patch possibly being not stable
- inns don't turn away you, instead they just take the remaining money instead of letting you sleep for free

September 02, 2018, 01:26:37 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Here the sreens for Spekkio:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0lkln5hxn62uznj/screensspekkio.zip/file
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 04:55:07 pm by Artemis »

lastdual

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 02, 2018, 02:15:23 pm »
Spekkio sounds like fun. However, I'm rather attached to the game's original script. Edits to specific borked names (such as the Sealed Towers fixer) are nice, but is there a chance for a Spekkio patch without the script retranslation?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 03:15:04 pm by lastdual »

Artemis

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 02, 2018, 05:01:10 pm »
As vivify remarked, Spekkio Lufia is based off of Frue Lufia. Therefore there's no version without the script changes.

However, if you like some of the optional battles, in the big package there are patches solely for La Puella the spider as well as the Spekkio Egg Dragon and the Master. Though, they are older versions, even having some minor but not harmful bugs.

lastdual

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 02, 2018, 08:33:32 pm »
Yeah, I've been sifting through the individual patches. I definitely appreciate that they're included! I suppose I'll approximate the Spekkio version using those. 

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 02, 2018, 10:14:16 pm »
I submitted Frue Lufia again with the corrected documentation.

Thanks for the screenshots! Before I submit Spekkio, I wanted your opinion on the description I wrote for it.

Based off of Frue Lufia, Spekkio Lufia is a battle rebalancing mod that aims to supply more of a challenge while lessening problems with game design in the retail release. Not only are bosses rebalanced, but certain regular enemies are too. The Ancient Cave also received some tweaks. You can buy Blue Chest items in Gift Mode, which is available from the first time you load up the game, and Iris Treasures appear more frequently.

The important updated bosses are as follows.

1. The Sinistrals in the Fortress of Doom are stronger, more befitting final bosses.

2. The Master can fully heal himself every round. How can you possibly bring him down? There must be some way...

3. The Egg Dragon, who named the patch. He now behaves like Spekkio in Chrono Trigger, his battle script changing based on the highest-leveled party member.

4. La Puella, the beloved pet giant tarantula of the Princess of Parcelyte. She can be fought anytime after defeating Gades in the Ancient Tower. Do you stand a chance against La Puella and her friends?

Check the X_Notable_Changes_X text file for detailed changes. To aid your survival, included are a bestiary, and a list of equipment that have always provided protection against status ailments.

Apply to a headered NTSC-U Lufia II ROM. NTSC-U ROMs have the Natsume logo at startup, not the Nintendo logo.

Does this sound good? (ignoring any typos)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 10:23:20 pm by vivify93 »

Artemis

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 02, 2018, 11:39:34 pm »
Yeah, sounds good. Only thing you could add in your description of the Ancient Cave tweaks is that the enemies of the later floors drop better, more useful rewards. Like:

Iris Treasures appear more frequently, the enemies of the later floors drop more useful rewards and you can buy Blue Chest items in Gift Mode, which is available from the first time you load up the game.

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 03, 2018, 12:11:17 am »
Awesome! Spekkio's been submitted. All that's left is Kureji.