#1 How safe is it to assume that this sound bug indeed was an emulator issue?
30% game engine
Not sure what caused the problem, especially since I can't reproduce it again.
#2 How safe would you consider your new patches?
- Okay, the battle ones look safe.
- 100% item drop
- phantom drop
- You said Ancient Stairs is hardcoded. I guess it's the same for Ancient Items as well as Flame Jewel? So no big risk there for anything to happen - especially outside the AC, right?
Pretty likely safe. Used in AC only.
- ac items
- ac stairs
- Are the save fixes (999 HP, Config Settings, Lufia Report) hard-coded as well? And therefore no big risk there either?
To my knowledge:
- 999 hp + config = save, load only
- report = ending stats only
- What about the tile/boundary/jumping fixes? Is there a big chance that anything else might happen on the corresponding map? Like maybe now there's another boundary/jumping issue...?
Not likely. They got tested pretty well and it's pretty specific to that one tile only. All behavior seems to work as intended. Definitely no extra jumping issue. If there's another boundary issue, it was already there but unnoticed b/c of 1st error.
- And what about Frue Zap and the Pot Glitch?
Frue Zap = battle only, almost guaranteed
Pot Glitch = ... I tried overtesting it but nothing damaged. Definitely only used in picking up items, not dropping.
#3 When you looked at older patches, did you also look at:
- Map Fixer
- Bomb Puzzle Fixer
As, if anything out of my patches, I'd say these two have the highest chance to have done anything regarding the sound bug.
Map Fixer = I'm not sure what was wrong with the 1st one. They both looked okay to me. Didn't see any possible way it could create memory corruption.
Bomb Puzzle Fixer = If there's something wrong, it'll take someone smarter to notice it.
I went through a whole bunch of other ones but didn't see anything.
Whether the game engine has a bug that glitches the sound .. .. I honestly wouldn't know. It's like the AC creation glitch, happens really rarely. Even when I try to generate "bad" seeds sometime ago, they still came out okay.