News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Lufia-Patches by Artemis  (Read 63934 times)

Artemis

• View Profile
Re: Lufia-Patches by Artemis
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2016, 11:44:34 pm »
In order to get everything ASAP you have to use the following patches in the correct order:

- Frue Lufia v3.0

http://www.mediafire.com/file/shf44w293dwapq5/Lufia-Patches_v3.zip

I'll test a little bit more these days, so let's call it a beta. (Just saying because I don't want to lose the clean version number again so easily.)

But I'd really suggest to choose Spekkio instead of Frue. It's just better in every way!

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2016, 12:00:47 am »
Well, the thing is, I have a couple of tweaks applied to my own personal Frue Lufia ROM. I wanted to know what patches I should apply so I don't have to make all those changes all over again. I guess it might be time to make my edits to Frue Lufia by hand again though for a fresh look.

edit 1 - that didn't take too long actually.

Edit 2 - I'm willing to submit these patches to RHDN myself. I have just one question--the patches for Lufia II that say they require an expanded ROM. Do they expand the ROM when you apply them, or do you have to expand the ROM manually?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 10:40:41 pm by vivify93 »
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

rainponcho

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2016, 09:36:08 am »
My patches want pre-expanded roms (3.5-4.0 MB). It'll be alot of empty space if a clean rom is used, since we built the additions on top of Artemis Trilogy (Spekkio - Frue - Kureji). I don't think any require them though.

Artemis

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2016, 11:09:03 am »
However, if you use a patch are the ROM gets expanded, depending on the emulator it might be a problem if the ROM size is incorrect.

And with willing to submit, do you mean the important ones or all of these 50ish patches?

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2016, 07:02:13 pm »
I mean all of them, although I would be discussing with some of the moderators how I would go about submitting some of the bug fix patches all in one bundle so it wouldn't be like FFVI's section.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 02:55:02 am by vivify93 »

rainponcho

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2016, 10:34:11 pm »
Irony - someone already partly deconstructed the ancient cave. From way back then.
http://mopsthings.blogspot.com/2016/01/ancient-cave-de-randomizer.html

This would've been useful, instead of re-finding enough of those values. Moppy reveals new details about the seeding codes and injection routine - so kudos! Outstanding find.

If someone is able to generate a dead-end cave using a specific string, then I guess it could be worked on by another hacker. I've had enough Lufia2 asm challenges for awhile. :haha:

(although I am nearing Lufia I ending and will setup some debug breakpoints for my 1st ever Lufia II playthough - pot, boundary and any negative number multiplication glitches)

Artemis

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2016, 09:28:20 am »
Okay, so the only thing to do is... play and enjoy!  ;)

Anyone wanna do a full run to see whether everything is fine? I'd suggest either Frue or Spekkio.

October 25, 2016, 01:54:24 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Though there's one thing I forgot.

If you keep using Life and Spell Sources, HP and MP actually can exceed 999. That's okay, I'm fine with this (and I actually like that). However, is it possible to make it so that, whenever you reload a save, every HP and MP value above 999 (and technically below 0 as well), will be set to exactly 999 when reloading your in-game-save (instead of being able to lose max HP/MP and end up way below 999)?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 09:15:05 pm by Artemis »

rainponcho

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2016, 08:28:07 am »
I'll be sure to check it. After playing skills + sundletan cave, an idea popped up about spikes boundary issue - must check now, not wait. :lol:

Artemis

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2016, 11:12:03 am »
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kn67n8xi6747l7n/hpmp.zip

Some saves about that issue.

So, would it be possible that whenever you save at a church:

- all values in the actual game are let intact as they were
- but: if current HP/MP and max HP/MP are bigger than 999 (or maybe below 0 - in case of >32767), it gets saved as 999 instead (so that it only matters in case of reloading)

So you can do with your HP/MP whatever you want (and I like that!!!) - unless you reload your safe

October 27, 2016, 10:21:50 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Also, can you tell me where these fixed lists for the AC red chest items are? There's one for healing potions and one for a more broad set of items, right?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 10:21:50 am by Artemis »

rainponcho

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2016, 07:03:49 pm »
999 save fix
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=76072296299105279003

AC Potions (9) @ 91:FFDC
AC Misc (31) @ 94:F13D

Artemis

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2016, 07:08:34 pm »
And are you still working on anything else? Otherwise I'll make the new 'final' version ready, then.

rainponcho

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2016, 07:19:53 pm »
Looking into promising lead on some boundary tiles. Might actually work simply, safely.

edit: Long-term testing. No new patches for a long while.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 08:32:03 pm by rainponcho »

Artemis

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2016, 09:40:47 pm »
So would you say that all of these patches work stable and should lead to no problems?

Or is there something that has to be tested most notably?

rainponcho

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2016, 10:25:02 pm »
They all seem to work after short testing. And there's no major rewrites or asm additions. I think it should've crashed - glitched by now if there was a problem.

Spirit Shrine 1F - spike boundary fix
9f69b = 03

Checking other ones, if fixable without hassle.

edit2: Ancient Tower 4F - wall boundary
92b07 = 03

edit3: Shrine of Vengeance - left pillar
90e18 = 03
90e22 = 03

note: Use reset to take effect

edit4: Pretty fairly unlikely Ancient Cave deadend floors are quickly fixable. That's a long-term project for sure.

So I think I'm done. Finally. For sure. Until v3.1 then??
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 11:24:36 pm by rainponcho »

Artemis

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2016, 11:23:42 pm »
That's all Folks, right? I'll make the updated version then.

October 27, 2016, 11:27:01 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Just one question: The save999 and the Lufia report patch can be used completely independently, right? They don't collide somehow as they both do stuff to save data, do they?

rainponcho

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2016, 11:33:09 pm »
They operate on different rom, data areas. No conflicts.

Artemis

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2016, 11:54:34 pm »
The Ancient Tower one doesn't work properly, though. If you try to stun the enemy when standing in the doorframe, your skill ring item goes over the enemy instead of hitting and stunning it.

October 28, 2016, 12:13:38 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Okay, some thoughts about testing:

church and tileset fixes:
If anything, some graphics might be messed up. Churches don't change their boundaries, so nothing to worry.

What's to test?
So checking all the visual stuff in city/town levels as well as Daos' map should do it?

boundaries (not the tricky ones):
If anything, there might be other boundary issues in the near vicinity.

jumping (skygarden):
Same as boundaries, if anything goes wrong, it should be in the near vicinty.

boundaries (tricky ones):
Again stuff in the near vicinity. As seen in the Ancient Tower the tile inside the doorframe has wrong properties.

What's to test?
So if something goes wrong, it should be in the very vicinity of the place where something is changed, right?

Frue Zap/Fry

What's to test?
Zap/Fry animations work. Are there still other animations to test which might be affected somehow?

Battle issues (Poison bug, mirror bug, 100% drop, drop properly shown)

What's to test?
Seem to work. I don't know. Are there some more battle situations which should get tested specifically?

Save issues (Lufia report, 999 problem)

What's to test?
Seem to work. Do you think there's a risk that some other variables might get affected somehow? Something to test specifically?

Ancient Cave stairs

What's to test?
Seems to work. Anything to test besides dying on stairs/NOT on stairs? Maybe dying at the Master?

Ancient Cave items/flame jewel

What's to test?
Seems to work. Did a run to around B21. No problems, but a full run might be a good test, eh?

Wave Ring/Capsule Monster

What's to test?
Shouldn't affect anything besides the CM feeding, right?

Inn Stay

What's to test?
Seems to work. As the game in some instances treats big numbers as smaller than zero, I tested it with money <9000000. No problems.

tl; dr
Generally speaking, aside from long-term tests are there any specific you think that definitely should get tested?

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 12:13:38 pm by Artemis »

rainponcho

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2016, 01:04:51 pm »
The Ancient Tower one doesn't work properly, though. If you try to stun the enemy when standing in the doorframe, your skill ring item goes over the enemy instead of hitting and stunning it.

Problem is old method treats broken wall as "free" tile - walk any direction at height 0. New fix correctly checks wall boundary flags. But now uses original wall height of 3. Skill ring items fly over monster's head (3 wall vs 0 enemy) = miss. There is a possible method to fix this engine bug, which requires a whole gameplay of testing (like pot glitch). In theory, any broken wall could have this height problem. Can't fix this for awhile.

Your test list looks accurate - don't see any mistakes. No unknown errors yet.

Artemis

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2016, 01:37:56 pm »
Okay, then I'd say let's skip this one fix as not being able to hit the monster is more annyoing than the boundary thing.

So nothing more to specifally test?

Like in the battle system it should be enough to test the problem itself? No real potential to screw some other stuff up?

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2016, 02:00:21 pm »
I've played through the Ancient Cave a bit--still trying to get a Blue Chest armor for Tia, a blue chest weapon for Maxim, and blue chest helmets for Dekar and Maxim. (Selan was the first fully-outfitted person. Woohoo!) I've had no problems at all. Wave Ring shows up fine and all during Capsule Monster feeding.