News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow Spoof  (Read 3188 times)

caminopreacher

• "What is a man?"
    • View Profile
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow Spoof
« on: August 18, 2015, 04:40:19 pm »
This is an update for my Call of Chaos and Reaper's Reckoning Aria of Sorrow spoofs.
I have updated the dialogue and changed some more sprites. I have just submitted them, so they should be available soon. Enjoy!

This one is for all of you Metroidvania fans out there. It took forever, but I've finally managed to make two complete spoofs of Aria of Sorrow.

The gameplay remains the same, but the story has been completely rewritten and the characters renamed and their sprites recolored to suit them.

The first story involves Dracula reclaiming his own power from someone special. Also, Dracula and Carmilla (Mina) have more of an open love story (no more of that "childhood friend" nonsense from the original...)
The second has Death being summoned to the Castle to locate Dracula's power and return it to him before he is resurrected. There is less dialogue in both compared to the original game, but the story gets more to the point.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2524/

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2527/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 01:48:16 pm by caminopreacher »

andrewclunn

• View Profile
Re: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow Spoof
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 07:28:44 am »
No screenshots?

caminopreacher

• "What is a man?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 06:50:05 pm »
No screenshots?3r

Check out the Aria of Sorrow hack section. Both are posted and have screens at the bottom :)

Grimlock

• Graphics Artist, Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 10:43:20 am »

Check out the Aria of Sorrow hack section. Both are posted and have screens at the bottom :)

A couple of screenshots and a link to the hacks page are pretty standard for the personal projects section.  It would save everyone the trouble of running through a hack search.

caminopreacher

• "What is a man?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 06:18:42 pm »
A couple of screenshots and a link to the hacks page are pretty standard for the personal projects section.  It would save everyone the trouble of running through a hack search.

Done and done. 😊

caminopreacher

• "What is a man?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 09:35:18 pm »
Moving right along with the endings and text editing. I've changed Biphron to Lossoth and Beam Skeleon to Nova Skeleton from SOTN. Also tinkering with a Trevor Belmont palette for Julius. Thoughts?