News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Extract romfs from .cia game [3ds]  (Read 14459 times)

Juanma91

• View Profile
Extract romfs from .cia game [3ds]
« on: August 03, 2015, 05:09:19 am »
IT'S POSSIBLE? COULD YOU TO HELP ME WITH THIS SUBJECT?

GAME: DRAGON BALL HEROES ULTIMATE MISSION 2
THANKS
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 12:11:43 pm by Juanma91 »

azoreseuropa

• View Profile
Re: Decrypt 3ds japanese game without 3ds
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 07:33:17 am »
Yes, Google it. It is your friend. I just found it already. :)

Juanma91

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 07:42:59 am »
I don't find about this. Only tutorial with a 3ds console. Link  please!

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 10:19:00 am »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 07:51:21 am by Chpexo »

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 03:50:50 pm »
Sounds kind of useless considering you'd need a 3DS capable of running homebrew to dump the ROM in the first place.
And I'm going to presume 3DS ROMs people have posted to the Internet are already decrypted.

(I'll say this topic is already on shaky ground for becoming a violation of one or more rules IMO)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 05:08:24 pm »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 07:50:03 am by Chpexo »

Juanma91

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 06:24:13 pm »
I have .cia game and i need some audios for this game.. bgm and voice's audios respectly..with this format its possible?

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 06:55:20 pm »
@KingMike most 3ds ROMs, which for the others in the crowd use a unique key for every ROM, from the better sites are left in encrypted form as that was how the earlier flash carts (and some current ones) work, to say nothing of general scene type rules saying it should be as close to the original as possible.
The decryption files themselves are (were? rxtools changes a few things) known as XORpads as they are basically a match to the ROM but if you XOR it against it then you get the decrypted version, and being XOR you can encrypt it again though more on that later. Both file size and it being basically a ROM/ROM specific decryption key mean few will distribute the XORpad either.

There are some sites out there which distribute the decrypted version, various reasons for this though about the only "good" one is the citra emulator needs such things if you are going to fling commercial games at it. If the game has otherwise been hacked then it might be found in a so called 0 key encrypted form (the encryption is done again against an all 00 key), the editing might also have been done in place and encrypted again with the original XORpad.

That would probably then leave the CIA stuff. http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/CIA if you want to get technical, though 3dbrew is anti piracy so they nerf things a tiny bit. Short version there is the 3ds is a system with at least aspirations towards being a modern computing device and can install games on its NAND/SD card and the CIA format is used for that. Functionally there is little difference between a ROM and a CIA file so you can convert. I am not particularly up on the current stuff here (the custom firmwares on the 3ds are getting better and may have left "only for penniless masochists" territory but they are by no means production grade) but it is likely not going to do much good for the OP.

Juanma91

• View Profile
Re: EXTRACT ROMFS FROM CIA GAME [ 3DS ]
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 12:11:12 pm »
So?

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: Extract romfs from .cia game [3ds]
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 10:49:43 pm »
If you just want to extract audio from the ROM, it sounds like that's just as easy with a ROM as it is with a CIA.  Is there some particular audio extraction tool you wanted to use that requires it to be in a particular format?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Juanma91

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 06:39:11 am »
i don't know the audio format from this game, honestly, i guess .bcstm / .genh and .idsp format but i don't know again... I got it for a tutorial to extract romfs from .cia game but generate mk7.0000.00000000 and mk7.0001.00000001 respectly and this tutorial the romfs' extraction was well done.. i need your help , please.. thanks a lot!

Jorpho

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 10:11:01 am »
Why don't you link to the tutorial you were reading?

Is there something that leads you to believe that people have already been successfully ripping audio from 3DS games?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Juanma91

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 10:55:55 am »
Link's tutorial -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y-hVNDou_g

Is there something that leads you to believe that people have already been successfully ripping audio from 3DS games?

Yes.. -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpeMhO-k_Y0 <-

Jorpho

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2015, 10:27:53 pm »
I should clarify: is there something that leads you to believe ripped 3DS audio files are made by extracting romfs?  https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-cwav-dumper.361437/ , for instance, requires RAM dumping.

Juanma91

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2015, 04:22:10 pm »
Always Sd card!!! It's impossible without her? i don't have a 3ds...

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 04:50:06 pm »
@Jorpho that was mainly a technique devised prior to public ROM decryption, and the format itself has been known for a lot longer ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-little-bit-of-3ds-rom-hacking.333348/ being about this time in 2012 and I believe some others had it before that even).

Juanma91

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2015, 06:17:55 pm »
Its impossible without 3ds?

Galaco

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 11:04:03 pm »
Well I'm new here but anyway can someone please send the Dragon Ball Heroes Ultimate Mission 2 decrypted ROM or xorpads in a MEGA or mediafire link?

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2016, 06:36:23 pm »
@FAST6191: I'm still a bit lost, myself.
Are we saying programs like EveryFileExplorer would give us some good first-levelopening of these files?