News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: WPF SNES graphics code  (Read 2388 times)

oziphantom

• View Profile
WPF SNES graphics code
« on: August 02, 2015, 04:20:48 am »
Hi

Does anybody know of any source code in c# for rendering SNES tiles, screen, palletes etc?

I guess VB .net code would be fine as well if no c#

ldyeax

• View Profile
Re: WPF SNES graphics code
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 02:13:40 pm »
What are you trying to do, just render sprites onto a window? Directly from a ROM?

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 02:50:31 pm »
http://tiledggd.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ (be quick as google code is not long for this world).

It is probably the most configurable tile viewer I know of, and part of that should allow you to make a SNES setup. Also written in some flavour of C#.

oziphantom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 02:38:01 am »
What are you trying to do, just render sprites onto a window? Directly from a ROM?

Sprites, backgrounds, palletes, screen maps etc. Both ROM and RAM. When you look at some code you work out this is the decompression routine and then you find all the places that call it, but putting break points and then saving states on all of those places, some you might have to play the game for 20hrs to get to. is a Total Pain. So in my Super Regenerator I want to make it so you can execute the code from A to B, which will then tell you where in RAM stuff changed, and then let you look at it as some graphic format. This way what does this func decompress becomes a 2min job. Also being able to look at ROM, say you see an LDA XXXXXX,y what does that data look like, oh that is the title screen graphics, comment move on.

I plan to make it so once you decompress data you can then have it put into CG RAM, VRAM etc and so when you view a Tile map or even just an LDA #$0C81 you can say what does this Tile look like and it will use the "current" tile set and pallets in CGRAM, VRAM caches.

August 06, 2015, 04:12:36 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Sorry Fast it seems my reply didn't get posted

http://tiledggd.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ (be quick as google code is not long for this world).

It is probably the most configurable tile viewer I know of, and part of that should allow you to make a SNES setup. Also written in some flavour of C#.

Very configurable, but alas not SNES, GBA does 4bits the sane way i.e 1234 1234 1234 1234 1234 1234 SNES does it 12 12 12 12 12 ...... 34 34 34 34 34 Thanks anyway
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 04:13:08 am by oziphantom »