News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Super Mario Kart Track Names  (Read 1082 times)

MercuryPenny

• View Profile
Super Mario Kart Track Names
« on: July 28, 2015, 06:09:34 pm »
Hey. I'm looking for a way to swap around the track names, since the way I'll have it set up will be different from the original and it wouldn't make sense for a beach track to be named "BOWSER CASTLE 1".

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Quick Curly

• View Profile
Re: Super Mario Kart Track Names
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 11:10:37 pm »
There is a ROM map for Super Mario Kart on Data Crystal. It appears that the offsets you seek are there. You might have to do some trial and error for the changes you hope to make to work as expected.

If you require additional and/or more specific help, Stifu, the author of Epic Edit, the Super Mario Kart track editor, is regularly active in the utility's main thread on Board 2. You might want to ask him through there, since he has been working with this game for years.

salvadorc17

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 03:38:26 pm »
You can only edit Super Mario Kart Track names, or something else, will be good to see new tracks...

MercuryPenny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 04:07:04 pm »
There is a ROM map for Super Mario Kart on Data Crystal. It appears that the offsets you seek are there. You might have to do some trial and error for the changes you hope to make to work as expected.

If you require additional and/or more specific help, Stifu, the author of Epic Edit, the Super Mario Kart track editor, is regularly active in the utility's main thread on Board 2. You might want to ask him through there, since he has been working with this game for years.
Thanks! I'll probably drop in again if I have any more problems.