News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Junk shop in Roppongi in Shin Megami Tensei I crashes when you buy things.  (Read 3091 times)

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
Not sure where to direct this at since Gideon Zhi isn't working on SMTI, and Orden hasn't visited the board in a few years, and his blog hasn't been updated in about 11 months.

I'm playing Orden's cleanup patch of Aeon Genesis' translation and decided to visit Roppongi, to see if the undead have been replaced by actual people. Turns out they have, and no one ever tested any of the shops. When you visit the junk shop in Roppongi and choose to buy something, the game crashes.

I have a save here. http://www.bwass.org/bucket/SMTI-roppongi-save.zip Go to the Junk Shop on the trio of boxes on the map and you'll see it.

There's also a text spillover issue with one of the people in the disco in the same save; I believe the woman mentions looking for her sister. Also, there's a spillover issue elsewhere in the game, but I don't remember where. For some reason, a man in a Messian cloak comes to mind? So I think it's after the apocalypse, but don't take my word for it. I'll see if I can check around for him.
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
I'll take a look over lunch if I have time, but I can't guarantee that your save will work with v1.1 of the rom (which is where all the in-house fixes have been applied) or, if this is something pivoting on a flag that shouldn't have been set, that it'll be fixable in its current state.

flynninfinite

• View Profile
That's why a PSX patch is needed :)

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
That's why a PSX patch is needed :)

Well? What's stopping you? We're waiting!

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
Thank you, Gideon! I'll grab a screenshot of the spillover lady and where you can find her, and I'm going to look to see if I can find the spillover man later. You may've got them already though.

Edit 1 -

Spillover lady in Roppongi.

Where she is located.

Edit 2 -
While I'm at it, this happens when you use the Intelligence Incense.

In the last image, that small black box stays for awhile. Purely cosmetic and it eventually goes away, but it's worth pointing out.

Someone on GameFAQs said the Chaos route was unwinnable even in Orden's patch? Something big like that has already likely been rectified, though. Here's the report.

I'm striving for Neutral, not sure if I'm addicted enough to attempt the Law and Chaos routes.

Still trying to find spillover man...

Edit 3 - Unfortunately, I can't seem to find him. I'm sure he'll be caught eventually though.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:06:38 pm by vivify93 »
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
Now if only we could extract the ioses translation and put it in the gba version :P