Nevermind, the patch is awesome especially for multiplayer, any plans on reworking the spells leveling up? It is still to grindy and too little mp.
Yeah, with the magic cooldown stoping you from casting spells one after the other it's even more grindy to level up spells..
Altho I liked that it made it harder to grind levels at first.. Sometimes you just want to reach the next level.. like if you got killed by a boss who is weak against a certain element, you might want to just reach the next level of that element before giving it another try..
The thing is.. even for just 1 level it can take forever..
I think one way would be to decrease the amount of exp needed to level up but also decrease all spells powers to compensate.
Attack spells, even with the cooldown, are way OP anyway and reaching level 8:99 is normally only possible if you grind like crazy.
Until then, heres some stuff that can help make it less tedious:
- Enable [Spirits_Default_Levels] so spirits obtained later don't start at level 0
- Casting a spell in a combat map(any map where weapons are out) grants twice the spell experience (From vanilla).
- There is 3 spell cooldown lengths: the Longer ones (attack spells / Cure Water) take 3x more time to recover from compared to Short Ones (Sabers, Buffs/Debuffs)
- Casting a spell using a quickspell hotkey reduces the cooldown time a little compared to casting from the ring menu (Risky, but useful during boss fights)
Casting a low cooldown time spell with a quickspell hotkey makes the cooldown last something like 1 second, finished before the caster can move..
Is there an option to have a different setting for number of items you can have? In the HD remake they have 4, 8, and 12. Odd, number choices. There was also a patch for the rom (by Masterflow) that made it so you can have 9 of each item like in Seiken Densetsu 3's inventory. Having more of an item obviously makes the game easier (depending on the cost of the item in question). Perhaps a way to balance would be by making certain items cost more than usual. Candies should stay cheap, but really important items like Cup of Wishes and Faiery Walnuts should stay pricey so that you have to kill more enemies to be able to afford them.
The 9 items patch is compatible with this mod if you want. I think 4 of each items is OK personally.
Raising the prices would only make a difference in the beginning of the game when you have less money. I remember how in Masterflow's hard SoM cup of whishes costed so much I had to grind a bit just so I have 2 to fight against spikey tiger. It was fun, but Later-on its only spare change tho..
Hum.. I have an idea, It could be interesting if items cost goes up depending on how much you carry.
Say you buy a cup for 150, then the next costs 300, then 600, then 1200 for the 4th etc. doubling each time !
That should keep you from having 9 of each items until very late in the game.
I have no idea how it could be explained that the shop keepers set their prices that way story-wise tho lol:
- "I'd like a candy"
- "20 dollars !"
- "No, wait, make it two !"
- "60 dollars then ! Oh.. but.. I see you already have 1 in your pocket.. it'll be 140 in that case.."
- "What the..?? ... hey, don't look in my pockets ! How about I sell you my candy then ?"
- "Ohhh... ohh.. I already have a hundred.. I wouldn't be able to afford another one even if I sold my house.. (unless maybe if I sold it to watt's.. he already owns at least 4 houses himself.. so..)
- "Hum.. Sure.. I see.. well good luck with your business.. i'll go try dealing with that cat-person again instead.. should be less weird.. even with the cat puns.."