News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Does anyone know what game this is?

Started by Tharthan, July 09, 2015, 08:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4lorn

Quote from: Jorpho on August 11, 2021, 12:51:58 AMThis is going to drive me insane.

The only thing that comes to mind in a 2D, flash-based, overgrown kind of aesthetic would be the Samorost series by Amanita Design but that Reddit post mentions it being black and white, which wasn't really the case (though some screens certainly had subdued colors).

Jorpho

Quote from: 4lorn on August 11, 2021, 10:14:06 AM
The only thing that comes to mind in a 2D, flash-based, overgrown kind of aesthetic would be the Samorost series by Amanita Design but that Reddit post mentions it being black and white, which wasn't really the case (though some screens certainly had subdued colors).
I messaged the Reddit poster and actually got a reply! Turns out it's called Hapland, and it's coming soon to Steam.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1458090/Hapland_Trilogy/
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devisut by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!


BaronSengir

Quote from: JKPhage on August 11, 2021, 02:27:03 AM
This *almost* sounds like Enchanted Arms, but that was first released on 360. The main antagonist was the Queen of Ice, and you could collect various golems with special abilities to put in your party as kind of the main "draw" of the game, but each character was aligned to a specific element, with the protag being fire as expected. That wouldn't be it would it, and maybe you just forgot the system?

Yes! Thats what it was. Exactly. Could have sworn it was an earlier system. Thank you so much.

Memorex

Played a Sega Genesis/Megadrive game about 20 years ago which had a music track stolen from Final Fantasy. Think it was either "Clash on the big bridge" or FF4 "Boss battle theme". Can't remember the gameplay and it may have been a japan exclusive game, all I remember is that there was Final Fantasy music at one point
early on in the game.

Does anyone have a clue??

JKPhage

Quote from: BaronSengir on September 01, 2021, 06:26:03 AM
Yes! Thats what it was. Exactly. Could have sworn it was an earlier system. Thank you so much.

Glad I could help!

The Beaky Buccaneer

Quote from: Memorex on September 01, 2021, 01:49:33 PM
Played a Sega Genesis/Megadrive game about 20 years ago which had a music track stolen from Final Fantasy. Think it was either "Clash on the big bridge" or FF4 "Boss battle theme". Can't remember the gameplay and it may have been a japan exclusive game, all I remember is that there was Final Fantasy music at one point
early on in the game.

Does anyone have a clue??
I most likely have the wrong game here, since the one that I'm thinking of merely has some tracks that were obviously inspired by Final Fantasy rather than being directly lifted from it, but I may as well give it a try: Could it be Data East's 1993 platform game High Seas Havoc/Captain Lang (or the Codemasters-published 1994 European version, Capt'n Havoc, which is missing the first level)?

The entire soundtrack can be found in a YouTube playlist here.

Even if it's not the right game in this case, it's a pretty great platformer, at any rate! :thumbsup:

KingMike

Quote from: Memorex on September 01, 2021, 01:49:33 PM
Played a Sega Genesis/Megadrive game about 20 years ago which had a music track stolen from Final Fantasy. Think it was either "Clash on the big bridge" or FF4 "Boss battle theme". Can't remember the gameplay and it may have been a japan exclusive game, all I remember is that there was Final Fantasy music at one point
early on in the game.

Does anyone have a clue??
Could've been something from China.
Unlicensed Chinese games were known for "borrowing" assets from other games.

Fengshen-something I know had used a few FF tracks. Tower of Bab-il and I think the FF6 town music appeared at one point.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

TheUnderfaker

Quote from: Memorex on September 01, 2021, 01:49:33 PM
Played a Sega Genesis/Megadrive game about 20 years ago which had a music track stolen from Final Fantasy. Think it was either "Clash on the big bridge" or FF4 "Boss battle theme". Can't remember the gameplay and it may have been a japan exclusive game, all I remember is that there was Final Fantasy music at one point
early on in the game.

Does anyone have a clue??

Brave Battle Saga? aka Final Fantasy: Barver Battle Saga: The Space Fighter!  :laugh:

The Beaky Buccaneer

Quote from: TheUnderfaker on September 07, 2021, 06:18:47 PM
Brave Battle Saga? aka Final Fantasy: Barver Battle Saga: The Space Fighter!  :laugh:
Funnily enough, that one also steals the sound-engine from High Seas Havoc! :laugh:

PolishedTurd

An arcade racing game that takes your picture and displays it above your car as you race. It may have been able to network with other machines in distant places for head to head play over the internet. Saw it in a pizza place a few years ago but I can't find the name of it now.

Any ideas? The race I saw took place on what looked like a city track.

KingMike

It wouldn't be something as obvious as Mario Kart Arcade GP, would it?
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

TheUnderfaker


PolishedTurd

It was called Dead Heat! I finally found it, scouring image searches and then cross-referencing gameplay footage. But strangely, the music is not what I remember it to be. So I have a visual memory of this game with the soundtrack of some other game.  :-\

SleepyFist

I've got a friend looking for an early 2000s game where you have to solve music based puzzles inside a castle? Does this ring any bells for anybody, because I'm drawing a blank.

nesrocks

Quote from: SleepyFist on December 26, 2021, 12:09:31 PM
I've got a friend looking for an early 2000s game where you have to solve music based puzzles inside a castle? Does this ring any bells for anybody, because I'm drawing a blank.
Loom? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5BOrGM6vf4

marycarneg

Quote from: TheUnderfaker on October 27, 2021, 09:08:53 PM
Sounds a lot like the latest Daytona USA game.

Totally agree with you. I used to be an arcade rat and this machine's volume was set way too loud. I would have to listen to this track on a loop for hours on end when playing Killer Instinct and Tekken lol.

Windy-kun

I hate to be vague with my info but I'm trying to remember 3 games. The first is this old dungeon crawler from back in the SNES/Genesis days but it could've been for any system out at that time. I'm remembering what I read about it on a magazine that had me interested in it. The magazine had a small guide of some kind of either hedge maze or forest (I remember the walls looked green with a dark background implying night time) and you'd eventually run into some kind of gnome/gremlin/etc. small enemy that'd rob your equipment and run off. You had to hunt it down and kill it to get your stuff back. IIRC there was also some kind of giant monster that was like a big troll or orc or something that would kill your party with no effort due to your lack of equipment. I think this was late in the game or possibly towards the end.

Second is some mecha game for PS2(?)where you play a mech that can 3D move and fly and level up. One part of the game has you catch some kind of "virus" that leaves you stuck at level 1 with 1hp till you beat some boss and get rid of it.

Third is a CRPG. This blond kid gets kidnapped by a bat to get taken to a land where he has to kill several vampires and you could get healed by going to a gypsy woman who'd sew your wounds up. It had a weight limit to your equipment and one of the areas you'd go to was a lot set of tunnels were multiple vampire enemies would show. I think the last dungeon was just a castle with a lot of doors and traps on it. This last part might be a different game though.

RoboCrump

Does anyone know what game THIS is?

You get to fight bosses such as Mack and Yaridovich, and you rescue kids named Dyna and Mite, and one of your battle partners uses a move called Psychopath,

What is it?

Bonesy

Quote from: RoboCrump on April 09, 2022, 01:28:45 PM
Does anyone know what game THIS is?

You get to fight bosses such as Mack and Yaridovich, and you rescue kids named Dyna and Mite, and one of your battle partners uses a move called Psychopath,

What is it?

I think you're missing the point of this thread, it is not a guessing game.