News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Does anyone know what game this is?  (Read 269559 times)

4lorn

• View Profile
    • Blunt Bit
Re: Does anyone know what game this is?
« Reply #200 on: August 11, 2021, 10:14:06 am »
This is going to drive me insane.

The only thing that comes to mind in a 2D, flash-based, overgrown kind of aesthetic would be the Samorost series by Amanita Design but that Reddit post mentions it being black and white, which wasn't really the case (though some screens certainly had subdued colors).

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 11, 2021, 10:35:55 am »
The only thing that comes to mind in a 2D, flash-based, overgrown kind of aesthetic would be the Samorost series by Amanita Design but that Reddit post mentions it being black and white, which wasn't really the case (though some screens certainly had subdued colors).
I messaged the Reddit poster and actually got a reply! Turns out it's called Hapland, and it's coming soon to Steam.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1458090/Hapland_Trilogy/
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

4lorn

• View Profile
    • Blunt Bit
« Reply #202 on: August 11, 2021, 01:16:09 pm »
Nice  :thumbsup:

BaronSengir

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 01, 2021, 06:26:03 am »
This *almost* sounds like Enchanted Arms, but that was first released on 360. The main antagonist was the Queen of Ice, and you could collect various golems with special abilities to put in your party as kind of the main "draw" of the game, but each character was aligned to a specific element, with the protag being fire as expected. That wouldn't be it would it, and maybe you just forgot the system?

Yes! Thats what it was. Exactly. Could have sworn it was an earlier system. Thank you so much.

Memorex

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 01, 2021, 01:49:33 pm »
Played a Sega Genesis/Megadrive game about 20 years ago which had a music track stolen from Final Fantasy. Think it was either "Clash on the big bridge" or FF4 "Boss battle theme". Can't remember the gameplay and it may have been a japan exclusive game, all I remember is that there was Final Fantasy music at one point
early on in the game.

Does anyone have a clue??

JKPhage

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 01, 2021, 03:19:20 pm »
Yes! Thats what it was. Exactly. Could have sworn it was an earlier system. Thank you so much.

Glad I could help!

The Beaky Buccaneer

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 01, 2021, 05:13:02 pm »
Played a Sega Genesis/Megadrive game about 20 years ago which had a music track stolen from Final Fantasy. Think it was either "Clash on the big bridge" or FF4 "Boss battle theme". Can't remember the gameplay and it may have been a japan exclusive game, all I remember is that there was Final Fantasy music at one point
early on in the game.

I most likely have the wrong game here, since the one that I'm thinking of merely has some tracks that were obviously inspired by Final Fantasy rather than being directly lifted from it, but I may as well give it a try: Could it be Data East's 1993 platform game High Seas Havoc/Captain Lang (or the Codemasters-published 1994 European version, Capt'n Havoc, which is missing the first level)?

The entire soundtrack can be found in a YouTube playlist here.

Even if it's not the right game in this case, it's a pretty great platformer, at any rate! :thumbsup:

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 01, 2021, 09:09:02 pm »
early on in the game.

Could've been something from China.
Unlicensed Chinese games were known for "borrowing" assets from other games.

Fengshen-something I know had used a few FF tracks. Tower of Bab-il and I think the FF6 town music appeared at one point.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

TheUnderfaker

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 07, 2021, 06:18:47 pm »
early on in the game.

Brave Battle Saga? aka Final Fantasy: Barver Battle Saga: The Space Fighter!  :laugh:

The Beaky Buccaneer

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 08, 2021, 02:51:53 pm »
Brave Battle Saga? aka Final Fantasy: Barver Battle Saga: The Space Fighter!  :laugh:
Funnily enough, that one also steals the sound-engine from High Seas Havoc! :laugh:

PolishedTurd

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 25, 2021, 12:20:39 am »
An arcade racing game that takes your picture and displays it above your car as you race. It may have been able to network with other machines in distant places for head to head play over the internet. Saw it in a pizza place a few years ago but I can't find the name of it now.

Any ideas? The race I saw took place on what looked like a city track.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 26, 2021, 01:52:04 am »
It wouldn't be something as obvious as Mario Kart Arcade GP, would it?
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

TheUnderfaker

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 27, 2021, 09:08:53 pm »
Sounds a lot like the latest Daytona USA game.

PolishedTurd

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 30, 2021, 01:12:49 am »
It was called Dead Heat! I finally found it, scouring image searches and then cross-referencing gameplay footage. But strangely, the music is not what I remember it to be. So I have a visual memory of this game with the soundtrack of some other game.  :-\