News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Does anyone know what game this is?  (Read 277664 times)

Mario4

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone know what game this is?
« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2020, 06:37:04 am »
Hi there after reading your post As far as I think, it may or may not be one of these three game's
Mark of the Wolves,
Guilty Gear Xrd,
Soulcalibur II

Regards

Mario

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
« Reply #181 on: April 05, 2020, 09:23:48 pm »
I'm trying to remember the name of a game I played circa 1999-2002. It's a windows card game, in anime style (probably hentai, I think). The card game's name is Daifugō (大富豪, Grand Millionaire) or Daihinmin (大貧民, Grand Pauper) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daifug%C5%8D

RickkyJaden

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 08, 2020, 08:54:47 am »
I forgot the name of game.. It wasn`t popular I think.. I was playing it in 2011-2012 years, it was offline for sure,single player. There were a guns for your character,1st point of view and magical skills. Also it was able to make your weapon better by some materials which were dropping from mobs(pitty I dont remember their models etc)..
Riccky, 20y.All I love in my life is a hockey,basketball and music creating. Learning in Linguistic School. Recently I have finished 3rd academic year, I like this one by the way, I didn`t thought that learning will give me pleasure.
https://superstarsguide.com/

Poe

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 10, 2020, 05:40:33 am »
To be frank I have long given up hope that I will ever find this game again, as I have come to the conclusion that it must have been a rare homebrew game of some sort, because even its cover art looked like a slightly modified Final Fantasy Mystic Quest cover art.

People have suggested and found VERY similar games, but no one has ever found the precise game that I remember.

I know this post is already pretty old however there're still two games for SNES I remember which got a similar style:

- Wizardry (there exist more games of this series)
- Obitus

As far as I know Wizardry had Japanese and English language and was never released in Europe. Howver Obitus was released in the US but not in Europe either. I really hope that info might help.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 03, 2020, 09:15:45 pm »
I asked about this on HG101 and got no response, so maybe someone here knows:
There's a game that briefly appears at 5:10 in https://youtu.be/jHepjitYJmM?t=310, presumably for the Famicom. It's unmistakably a variant of Heiankyo Alien – specifically, the Game Boy port – but the Wikipedia article doesn't suggest that game was ported to the Famicom.  The site does mention Kid no Hore Hore Daisakusen, which was apparently released as Booby Kids, but the videos I can find of that don't seem to match up. Any ideas?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

4lorn

• View Profile
    • Blunt Bit
« Reply #185 on: November 04, 2020, 07:46:44 am »
I asked about this on HG101 and got no response, so maybe someone here knows:
There's a game that briefly appears at 5:10 in https://youtu.be/jHepjitYJmM?t=310, presumably for the Famicom. It's unmistakably a variant of Heiankyo Alien – specifically, the Game Boy port – but the Wikipedia article doesn't suggest that game was ported to the Famicom.  The site does mention Kid no Hore Hore Daisakusen, which was apparently released as Booby Kids, but the videos I can find of that don't seem to match up. Any ideas?

Since I'm bed ridden, I thought I'd waste a couple of hours trawling game databases... but all I had to do was watch that video and rewind a bit. It's a built-in game called Pony found on the Game Fillip, a knock off console; it's actually a bootleg of Onyanko Town.

EDIT: here's also a HG101 article about it.

EDIT 2: Here's a longer gameplay video.

Jorpho

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 04, 2020, 11:00:29 am »
Much appreciated. Not so close to Heiankyo Alien after all, I guess.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

4lorn

• View Profile
    • Blunt Bit
« Reply #187 on: November 04, 2020, 05:01:52 pm »
Much appreciated. Not so close to Heiankyo Alien after all, I guess.

You're welcome.

Although there are some similarities to it, though.

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
« Reply #188 on: December 22, 2020, 07:59:54 pm »
I'm trying to remember the name of a game I played circa 1999-2002. It's a windows card game, in anime style (probably hentai, I think). The card game's name is Daifugō (大富豪, Grand Millionaire) or Daihinmin (大貧民, Grand Pauper) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daifug%C5%8D
This is not the end of the story, but my cousin remembered the game's name. It's Chick's Tale. A rather obscure PC-98 game. Now, the problem is, this is circa 1998, and I'm positive I wasn't playing it on an emulator, it was a windows version. The only instance of there ever being a windows version of this game is an article written in 1999 on a geocities page. http://www.densetsu.com/support.php?id=23

This company actually made a similar game that seems to be even more obscure called Trouble Cash.

Don't want to turn this into a piracy thread, especially since a link to buy the windows version is an option, but I've only managed to find the PC-98 version on abandonware pages. Not the windows version. Any idea where I could look for that? PM me if you know!

Curious bit: I've actually looked at this game a month ago on AccelJoe's youtube channel, listened to one of the game's songs, saw a still frame and the game's name and didn't realize it was this game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNb7X9v9014 (great great channel, btw, even though this particular song is not very good).

Arcade-Elite

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2021, 03:16:27 pm »
So does anyone know what NES/Famicome game this is?

https://pasteboard.co/JMeywkF.vnd.ms-photo

Jorpho

• View Profile

Arcade-Elite

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 31, 2021, 11:52:35 pm »
? Its showing 7 views?  ok try this,  https://ibb.co/xfVPSNH

it is a webfile i cant get the picture to be any other format  :-\
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 05:50:36 pm by Arcade-Elite »

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 02, 2021, 02:23:18 am »
Some Korean Dinosaur Dooley game.
I have only heard of that being announced by an unlicensed publisher called Innovation for US release (among a bunch of other games I don't think were actually released).
There was one Famicom Dooly game dumped a few years ago. Not sure if it's the same as it seems like there was multiple video games with that character.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Arcade-Elite

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 02, 2021, 08:12:48 pm »
Ok its dooley bravo land. Thanks ;)

BaronSengir

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 15, 2021, 03:36:54 pm »
I am looking for a game. It was for Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox, or PS1. It was an RPG. All characters in the game were associated with an element, Main character being Fire element. There were 3-4 PCs, but game over if the main character died. The elements were paired opposingly, IE: Fire weak to Ice, but also Ice weak to Fire. One of the first bosses was a giant amoeba, and the final boss was an Ice Queen type.

PolishedTurd

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 19, 2021, 09:13:17 pm »
Kameo, perhaps? I think it was late Xbox or early Xbox 360.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 24, 2021, 07:52:35 pm »
Kameo was a 360 launch game that apparently was one of the MANY games planned for the N64DD but moved to other consoles due to what a colossal flop Nintendo made of its release.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

SleepyFist

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 19, 2021, 09:45:43 pm »
I found that Portal 2 mod I was looking for awhile back!
It's called "A Minuted Millions" and it is A TRIP.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/a-minuted-millions

It basically uses portal tricks to make it seem like rooms are being swapped in and out, like alternate realities or something, the whole thing is just very bizarre and kind of mildly unsettling in a liminal space kind of way.

Jorpho

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 11, 2021, 12:51:58 am »
This is going to drive me insane.

There was a wacky little Flash puzzle game from around twenty years ago. I can't even describe it very well, but fortunately I found a helpful Reddit query that fills in the blanks.

So this was a series of 3 point-and-click puzzle games from the mid-to-late 2000's. They were single screen games in a 2D art-style with a sort of overgrown, decaying sci-fi aesthetic. The goal was to complete a series of puzzles to activate candles/switches to turn on a big Stargate-like contraption on screen.

One puzzle I remember was scaring a bird into picking up a rock to drop on some such thing. The whole game was interacting with various aspects of the environment to move around and get these candles/switches turned on.

I also believe this was on the artist/developers portfolio page so looking around on big flash game websites hasn't worked.

Any ideas?

JKPhage

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 11, 2021, 02:27:03 am »
I am looking for a game. It was for Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox, or PS1. It was an RPG. All characters in the game were associated with an element, Main character being Fire element. There were 3-4 PCs, but game over if the main character died. The elements were paired opposingly, IE: Fire weak to Ice, but also Ice weak to Fire. One of the first bosses was a giant amoeba, and the final boss was an Ice Queen type.

This *almost* sounds like Enchanted Arms, but that was first released on 360. The main antagonist was the Queen of Ice, and you could collect various golems with special abilities to put in your party as kind of the main "draw" of the game, but each character was aligned to a specific element, with the protag being fire as expected. That wouldn't be it would it, and maybe you just forgot the system?