News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Does anyone know what game this is?  (Read 82649 times)

curseofnight86

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone know what game this is?
« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2019, 03:43:26 am »
...it's for the PC Engine/TG-16. Since your memory is hazy, maybe you could be misremembering the system?
My step dad didn't own a computer back then. I'm certain, positive, absolutely sure it was an NES game. I don't know what a TG-16 even looks like.

The first PC my dad(my real dad, not that other asshole) got was a Compaq with Win 98. I don't think I ever used a PC before using the ones with Win 95 at the school library.(Edit: The first PC of my own was a Toshiba laptop running Win 95 though. It was ancient when I got it - XP was already out then. I eff'ed it up by playing around in the system folder, lol.)

I brought an Apple II from a friend for $30 when I was in high school just because I was curious about old tech then, but it didn't have some kind of boot floppy disk and my friend couldn't find it so I threw it away.

Edit: So yeah. I never played ANY pre Win 95 PC games(with the exception of maybe the MS-DOS versions of Doom and some Build engine games, I suppose). That's why I mentioned all of that....

Anyway.... Yes, I've looked at gladiator (including the last link) and no, it's not it. Its not Castle of Dragon either.

It's alright guys. You've helped find the other game so I'm happy. Thank you all. :)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 06:52:02 am by curseofnight86 »

#

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2019, 06:46:27 am »
One more game came to mind: Defender of the Crown: https://youtu.be/z5fLV9u2tCM?t=110

Cristal

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2019, 01:01:49 pm »
My step dad didn't own a computer back then. I'm certain, positive, absolutely sure it was an NES game. I don't know what a TG-16 even looks like.

PC Engine/TG-16 is a console, despite what its name suggests. That's the reason I brought it up.

Anyway, if you're absolutely confident it's a NES game, then I can't think of anything else that looks like your description which was not already mentioned by others here. Can't really help you any further, sorry. :/

curseofnight86

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2019, 03:41:44 pm »
PC Engine/TG-16 is a console, despite what its name suggests. That's the reason I brought it up.

I didn't know that, lol. I always thought it was an old PC from the 80s, heh.

Anyway, if you're absolutely confident it's a NES game, then I can't think of anything else that looks like your description which was not already mentioned by others here. Can't really help you any further, sorry. :/

It's ok. I'm sure I'll find it one day... then play for 5 mins and quit, haha.

I should have taken it the day my mom left him. She told me and my brother we could take as many games as we wanted. We only took one game: Deadly Towers - *facepalm*

@# - No dice. Looks Kool though.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 03:49:37 pm by curseofnight86 »

cccmar

• View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
« Reply #164 on: August 11, 2019, 03:32:48 am »
Sword Master perhaps? Might be Astyanax as well, if it's the NES you're talking about. Those two are the ones I can think of with that theme/big characters. This game could also potentially be The Legend of Prince Valiant, Demon Sword or Wizards and Warriors 2 or 3.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 04:03:54 am by cccmar »

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 23, 2019, 06:31:39 pm »
Not a game per se, but I'm looking for the name of a particular Half Life 2 or Portal 2 mod I played back in highschool and I'm wondering if anyone else remembers it.

Details:
Multiple semi-identical rooms all with a different gimmick or theme, set in some sort of hotel style hub? Iirc you need to explore the rooms to find keys to progress, it also had some freaky shit on the bottom floor rooms, a room with this loud crying/laughing sound and another where something from outside tries to chase you down among other things,
mostly I remember a lot of the rooms being loaded with a bunch of identical mannequins, some of which moved to jump scare the player.

I've been racking my brain trying to remember what this damn thing is called, checked the top tens, looked at my subscription list, even went through some of the workshop mods to no avail.
Sleepy's tune of the week|| 2 Mello - after midnight: unaired broadcasts || https://youtu.be/FKqLCJ4mStI

fourtwenty

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 14, 2019, 05:45:01 pm »
hi guys, i'm looking also for a weird old beat'em up :D i forgot its name for years and i really wanna try it again untill i die

some clues:

was a tall dude, walking on a street with hands in the pockets and hitting only with fists, it was was a cartridge with magical doropie...

this is all i remember about that game, if anyone has idea pls lets me know :) thanks

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 15, 2019, 08:31:38 am »
Not a game per se, but I'm looking for the name of a particular Half Life 2 or Portal 2 mod I played back in highschool and I'm wondering if anyone else remembers it.

Details:
Multiple semi-identical rooms all with a different gimmick or theme, set in some sort of hotel style hub? Iirc you need to explore the rooms to find keys to progress, it also had some freaky shit on the bottom floor rooms, a room with this loud crying/laughing sound and another where something from outside tries to chase you down among other things,
mostly I remember a lot of the rooms being loaded with a bunch of identical mannequins, some of which moved to jump scare the player.

I've been racking my brain trying to remember what this damn thing is called, checked the top tens, looked at my subscription list, even went through some of the workshop mods to no avail.

I think the game you're talking about is called The Office Prank, it's a mod for Portal 2.

hi guys, i'm looking also for a weird old beat'em up :D i forgot its name for years and i really wanna try it again untill i die

some clues:

was a tall dude, walking on a street with hands in the pockets and hitting only with fists, it was was a cartridge with magical doropie...

this is all i remember about that game, if anyone has idea pls lets me know :) thanks

I think the game you're talking about is called The Mafat Conspiracy, it's based on the Golgo 13 license.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 01:09:38 pm by SCD »

fourtwenty

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 15, 2019, 11:30:44 am »
looool, hahaha thats true bro Imao! thanks a lot

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 16, 2019, 02:01:05 am »
You're welcome, I'm glad to hear that I was able to help you on this.