News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database  (Read 4686 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« on: June 28, 2015, 12:47:07 am »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/translations/)

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
Re: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 01:15:08 am »
So is this FFVII based on the original (for PS1 and PC)? I'm only asking because I assumed the previous FFVII NES game was a demake of a sequel or something. I actually stopped playing FF games after FFVII so I'm not as in the know about this. If it's what I think it is I'll have to try it out.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 02:15:14 am »
So is this FFVII based on the original (for PS1 and PC)? I'm only asking because I assumed the previous FFVII NES game was a demake of a sequel or something. I actually stopped playing FF games after FFVII so I'm not as in the know about this. If it's what I think it is I'll have to try it out.

That translation is in regards to the NES demake & it's an old obsolete version of it.

If you are going to play FF VII for the NES, I would play this version as its been greatly improved and reworked to correct the many bugs in it.  ---> http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1657/

« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 11:18:23 am by mrrichard999 »

tryphon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 05:02:58 am »
Concerning French translation of Clock Tower, I have a remark I post in French, since it concerns french language and is not really relevant for others :

À première vue, un travail de relecture de la traduction est nécessaire...

La première image montre une faute et deux maladresses :

* "il faut que l'on" (et non ont)

* "dépêche-toi" ("dépêche" tout court se dit dans certaines régions, mais dans les autres, ça fait plouc :)

* le "dépêche" justement semble indiquer que la personne parle avec un langage peu soutenu. Dans ce cas, c'est contradictoire avec "il faut que l'on", qui est correct, mais si l'on veut garder un langage non soutenu, ça devient "il faut qu'on".

Bref, cette première image laisse craindre une traduction niveau fansub bas de gamme. Pas de fautes sur les deux autres images.

Je salue volontiers une traduction en français, elles sont tellement rares, et cette remarque n'a pas pour but de dénigrer le travail effectué, mais de pointer ce qui clairement pourrait le rendre meilleur.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 02:48:59 pm »
That translation is in regards to the NES demake & it's an old obsolete version of it.

If you are going to play FF VII for the NES, I would play this version as its been greatly improved and reworked to correct the many bugs in it.  ---> http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1657/

It's nice to finally play this. I was hoping it would be a little fancier for a modern NES game, but it's still pretty cool. I'd love to see more of this type, like an NES Symphony of the Night or Legacy of Darkness.

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 07:21:34 pm »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 08:23:53 am by Chpexo »

replicant1027

• "He say you Bwade Runna, Mr. Dekker"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 12:12:04 am »

After reading this, I really felt the need to clear something up:

This translation is by no means "obsolete"; Anyone wanting to play this Final Fantasy VII demake in English can do so with the patch. The game is not exactly like the original FFVII, so for those that would like the experience to more closely match the original, the patch you mentioned (the "Advent Children" hack patch) can be used to make it as such. I'm sure the creators of the demake, the English translation patch and the "Advent Children" hack patch each had their own vision for what they wanted the demake's experience to be. By saying the English translation patch is obsolete as well as insinuating that the "Advent Children" hack patch is the only way to go is a great disservice to the people who made the demake as well as the person/people who put time and effort into creating an English translation patch for it. Like you said, the hack patch greatly reworks the game, so it really is a completely different experience than what it was originally envisioned to be. The screenshots of the game with each patch below illustrate how greatly it was reworked in the "Advent Children" patch.

English translation patch:                                                      "Advent Children" hack patch:

I realize you most likely didn't intend to stir up controversy or anything; I just wanted to say my piece. Personally, I think both patches deserve a try.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 12:31:49 am by replicant1027 »

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 12:19:29 am »
*shrugs shoulders*

Everyone has an opinion.

I'm sure both teams worked very hard.

Side note: I just noticed there is an arabic translation of Bad Dudes. I don't know why that seems so funny to me. :)

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 01:19:12 am »
Sorry to bring this back to the FF7 hack--but there were a few things that bothered me about the other translation that I was just curious if this patch fixed:

--Hard saves not actually saving/loading
--All areas have the same enemy mobs, but they get stronger as you do
--All shops have the same equips (which made me end up with mid-endgame weapons from the original in Midgar)

Does this fix any of these things?  I enjoyed a number of things about the other patch, and played as far as the Mithril Caves before I kind of gave up going farther, but would like something that seemed less...disjointed in those ways I mentioned.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 01:55:46 am »
Sorry to bring this back to the FF7 hack--but there were a few things that bothered me about the other translation that I was just curious if this patch fixed:

It's okay bro. Not everyone can be as excited as I about the prospect of Bad Dudes in Arabic. At long last, the kids in Egypt and Israel can save Ronnie and go for burgers.

Lugia2009

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 10:46:44 pm »

--Hard saves not actually saving/loading
--All areas have the same enemy mobs, but they get stronger as you do
--All shops have the same equips (which made me end up with mid-endgame weapons from the original in Midgar)

Does this fix any of these things?  I enjoyed a number of things about the other patch, and played as far as the Mithril Caves before I kind of gave up going farther, but would like something that seemed less...disjointed in those ways I mentioned.

It looks like it's just a release of Lindblum's translation/improvement.  So the shops should all sell the same weapons and the enemy encounters would be the same as well.
Enjoy Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy? Check out my Dissidia Duodecim mods!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjcyBHNeY1g&app=desktop