News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Islands (Hack)  (Read 21807 times)

vortex

• View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Lyra Islands (Hack)
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2015, 06:14:02 pm »
i'll don't knoe how you fix it but the rom when i patch it with this ips i get rary things see when i start the rom
But that is easy to overcome. You are probably refering to the glitched naming screen as a result of the false file size. When you open a new game, I just press any button like A, and then START to play with the name G.

Or use a SRM save from regular Alttp and rename it to Lyra Islands and you will have your name (save) already in.

Or like SGP said, after patching expand the hacked rom from 1.027MB to 2MB or 1.5MB (this can be done in hex too) and this glitched naming screen will not be glitched.

Note: The extra size comes from making certain edits with Hyrule Magic (especially title screen edits). Some times it doesn't know what to do with certain data so it tacks it on to the end of the ROM and creates an irregular file size (because it's stupid).
+
Actually it is not that stupid, it replaces the data correctly, but it forgets to expand the rom.

Irony: ZSNES can read the ortodox file size too (I tested it), but this is not recomended, since all other devices will reject this odd size.

Arnachy69

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2015, 09:17:18 pm »
fix issues go so to work

take the orginal rom
remove the header with Tush apply the ips patch romve the header again
expand the rom to 2 MB use Checksum fix
and ths name screen issues and the glitches are gone

Darklink7884

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2016, 04:37:44 pm »
UPDATE 02/26/2016: I added an Ice Palace to the Light World, and the dungeon itself is now accessible even if it's unfinished. It can be accessed via a secret entrance in the Sand Temple, or you can use the Flute to get you there. However, there is a problem; the exterior graphics for the Ice Palace are messed up and I'm looking for someone to help me fix them.

Ice Palace (exterior): http://dl.dropbox.com/s/zd9wa0gvrw39c32/TLoZ%20Lyra%20Islands%20-%20Lv6%20Ice%20Palace%20%28exterior%29%20%281%29.png?dl=0
Ice Palace (exterior): http://dl.dropbox.com/s/b8zcll89kwpwei5/TLoZ%20Lyra%20Islands%20-%20Lv6%20Ice%20Palace%20%28exterior%29%20%282%29.png?dl=0
Lv6 Ice Palace (interior): http://dl.dropbox.com/s/ddu3wed3excbrzv/TLoZ%20Lyra%20Islands%20-%20Lv6%20Ice%20Palace%20%28interior%29.png?dl=0
Lv6 Ice Palace (map): http://dl.dropbox.com/s/jps0g39okuimip2/TLoZ%20Lyra%20Islands%20-%20Lv6%20Ice%20Palace%20%28map%29.png?dl=0
Lv6 Ice Palace (HM): http://dl.dropbox.com/s/pcbkb7lqn8auoxf/TLoZ%20Lyra%20Islands%20-%20Lv6%20Ice%20Palace%20%28Hyrule%20Magic%29.png?dl=0

The staircases in the LW overworld are also bugged, and if somebody could also fix them for me that would be great.

Beginning next week, I will review and update the first four Light World dungeons, the Thieves' Hideout mini-dungeon, and the Light World beach village. If everything goes well, the demo version will be ready the Saturday before Easter.

Update 26/02/2016: Here's the latest IPS patch for Lyra Islands. Once again, this is not an official demo release; I'm simply asking for help fixing the messed up exterior graphics for the Ice Palace, and the buggy overworld staircases.

Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/s/xrvpyjlqixzhhdp/TLoZ_Lyra_Islands_%28V2.0%29.zip?dl=0

The demo version wll be officially released the Saturday before Easter when I review and update the first four Light World dungeons, the Thieves' Hideout, and the LW beach village.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:38:10 am by Darklink7884 »

Arnachy69

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2016, 07:03:09 am »
Can you make some screens Dark of it and maybe room numbers and also for the overworld ?

I'll have Expand the rom for you to 2.0.4.8
and a good Checksum  :thumbsup:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdx3wc1svrimuwq/The%20Legend%20Of%20Zelda%2CLyra%20Island%20%28v.2.0%29.ips?dl=0
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 07:56:59 am by Arnachy69 »

Darklink7884

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2016, 11:12:30 am »
Can you make some screens Dark of it and maybe room numbers and also for the overworld ?

I'll have Expand the rom for you to 2.0.4.8
and a good Checksum  :thumbsup:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdx3wc1svrimuwq/The%20Legend%20Of%20Zelda%2CLyra%20Island%20%28v.2.0%29.ips?dl=0

I tried out your patch with the fixed naming screen, and to be honest with you it has glitches especially after you pick a file from the select screen.

Arnachy69

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2016, 08:49:40 pm »
I tried out your patch with the fixed naming screen, and to be honest with you it has glitches especially after you pick a file from the select screen.

Okay Dark i'll have see what you mean but its defently not my fault
it's something wrong with youre rom checksum normaly you can always expand the rom to what for rom size you won't but by these rom
there something wrong with the overworld or dungeons that's why the glithes what i think
But better alltp hackers like sungod,seph,puzzle,spane and others will help you with the bugs in youre rom

Darklink7884

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2016, 02:31:39 am »
Level-3: Mountain Tower has been further modified, so I thought I'd create a new patch.

** Removed a locked door.
** The Magic Cape is now found on the first floor.
** Removed a shortcut that allowed players to get past the blue bumper in Moldorm's room.
** Removed a fatal flaw that was overlooked when Room #23 was converted to Layout #4; if you fall off the platform in Moldorm's room, you can easily get trapped inside the walls in the room below. If this happens, do a Save & Quit!

Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/s/87d2s18lchl3wmv/TLoZ_Lyra_Islands_V2.zip?dl=0

This is not an official demo release; I'm simply asking for help fixing the exterior Ice Palace graphics which are messed up. The Pyramid and Castle graphics are also messed up, and so are the overworld staircases.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 02:41:59 am by Darklink7884 »

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2016, 03:03:55 am »
This is not an official demo release; I'm simply asking for help fixing the exterior Ice Palace graphics which are messed up. The Pyramid and Castle graphics are also messed up, and so are the overworld staircases.

Seph and/or ghillie did a lot of GFX mods, are you sure they didn't just replace these graphics with something else?

I would look into it but I am currently taking time off from ALttP and have gone so far as to move all of my files and related programs off of my comp. LOL
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

Arnachy69

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2016, 05:52:56 am »
Level-3: Mountain Tower has been further modified, so I thought I'd create a new patch.

** Removed a locked door.
** The Magic Cape is now found on the first floor.
** Removed a shortcut that allowed players to get past the blue bumper in Moldorm's room.
** Removed a fatal flaw that was overlooked when Room #23 was converted to Layout #4; if you fall off the platform in Moldorm's room, you can easily get trapped inside the walls in the room below. If this happens, do a Save & Quit!

Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/s/87d2s18lchl3wmv/TLoZ_Lyra_Islands_V2.zip?dl=0

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/content_link/WZlBfYWasRnkeTrHxuGTDXIJO1aLg4VGeCrDPgPEpswBFIRpHpJefupcoJyugiu3/file?dl=1

Here youre new ips What have i done.

1. Remove glithes
2. Set uncle on the right place in links house ( in youre version the uncle passes through the wall )  :-[
3. Expand the rom to 2 MB
4. Fixed title screen menu ( where you make ,delete youre name )
5. Make rom checksum OK

i'll hope you fixed the other issues on youre own ....  8)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:17:21 am by Arnachy69 »

Darklink7884

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2016, 09:32:44 am »
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/content_link/WZlBfYWasRnkeTrHxuGTDXIJO1aLg4VGeCrDPgPEpswBFIRpHpJefupcoJyugiu3/file?dl=1

Here youre new ips What have i done.

1. Remove glithes
2. Set uncle on the right place in links house ( in youre version the uncle passes through the wall )  :-[
3. Expand the rom to 2 MB
4. Fixed title screen menu ( where you make ,delete youre name )
5. Make rom checksum OK

i'll hope you fixed the other issues on youre own ....  8)

The download link is broken...

February 29, 2016, 09:36:07 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Seph and/or ghillie did a lot of GFX mods, are you sure they didn't just replace these graphics with something else?

I would look into it but I am currently taking time off from ALttP and have gone so far as to move all of my files and related programs off of my comp. LOL

I posted some screenshots of the Ice Palace awhile back, and believe it or not the exterior graphics are glitched up.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:42:38 am by Darklink7884 »

Arnachy69

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2016, 10:14:32 am »

Here a new link mate

but ps... on the one following reasson when you add a header the rom gets corrupt
strange man :(

http://download1073.mediafire.com/he9ffk66h6hg/ej0jzjc1xgb7655/The+Legend+Of+Zelda%2CLyra+Island+%28Menu+fixed+Removed+glithes%29..ips

March 01, 2016, 03:58:09 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I believe you are using an emulator that is overly picky (stupid) about files size. In that case, take a standard unheadered ROM, apply the patch, remove the header and then use something like Lunar Expand to expand the ROM to 1.5MB so that it does not have an irregular file size. This should solve any file size related issue.

Note: The extra size comes from making certain edits with Hyrule Magic (especially title screen edits). Some times it doesn't know what to do with certain data so it tacks it on to the end of the ROM and creates an irregular file size (because it's stupid).

You know more like ALTTP hacking like me but
now you get right the rom is bugged with a file size of 1.0.27 kb
i'll have expand it to 1,5 bm and 2 mb but than i get ray glithes above where the hearts and rupees are
very strange sorry for him but maybe its better to start over
with an underheader rom expand to 1,5 mb or maybe 2mb when i take 2 mb the checksum is ok
but these rom i'll give it not a change :(

Sorry for bad english @Sungodportal :(
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 03:58:09 pm by Arnachy69 »

Darklink7884

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2016, 05:36:38 pm »

Here a new link mate

but ps... on the one following reasson when you add a header the rom gets corrupt
strange man :(

http://download1073.mediafire.com/he9ffk66h6hg/ej0jzjc1xgb7655/The+Legend+Of+Zelda%2CLyra+Island+%28Menu+fixed+Removed+glithes%29..ips

I tried out your new IPS patch and it worked! No more glitches.

Arnachy69

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2016, 04:18:53 am »
I tried out your new IPS patch and it worked! No more glitches.

Yes defently work this but you can better start over again mate when i call you so
this rom has many bugs
i can make the other rom for you and than you can work with that

sorry for bad english

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2016, 04:30:13 am »
Starting over with an ALttP hack is not uncommon. Especially if it's your first hack. It's really easy to screw up a bunch of stuff without realizing it until it's too late. I remember wanting to use the graphics from this hack one time but I wasn't about the start with this ROM itself. When you take up an unfinished ALttP hack it's very difficult to know just how damaged it is because of the nature of Hyrule Magic and how brutal it is until you've got maybe a few months or a years worth of experience with it and this game. I'm not shitting you; there's a reason why there are only a handful of hacks for such an awesome game. LOL

Arnachy69

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2016, 06:07:52 am »
Starting over with an ALttP hack is not uncommon. Especially if it's your first hack. It's really easy to screw up a bunch of stuff without realizing it until it's too late. I remember wanting to use the graphics from this hack one time but I wasn't about the start with this ROM itself. When you take up an unfinished ALttP hack it's very difficult to know just how damaged it is because of the nature of Hyrule Magic and how brutal it is until you've got maybe a few months or a years worth of experience with it and this game. I'm not shitting you; there's a reason why there are only a handful of hacks for such an awesome game. LOL

Hey sun i'll have try with the rom of Darlink but my idea when you not can expand the rom from 1.0.27 kb to 1,5 mb with lunar expand
than the say's the rom is corrupt normaly you can expand a rom to each mb size what you won't or ????
i'll have try serveral things but it stay's bugged with header without header add header before expand after expand nothing works
say's inccorect file size :(

vortex

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2016, 05:01:27 pm »
Hey sun i'll have try with the rom of Darlink but my idea when you not can expand the rom from 1.0.27 kb to 1,5 mb with lunar expand
than the say's the rom is corrupt normaly you can expand a rom to each mb size what you won't or ????
i'll have try serveral things but it stay's bugged with header without header add header before expand after expand nothing works
say's inccorect file size :(
Lunar expand is not that smart to be able to read the orthodox 1.027 size, you need exactly 1MB, or 1.024 or FFFFF+1= 100000 in hex to be able to expand. It says correctly - "incorrect file size". You need to expand from the hack's strange size (as a result of hacking with Hyrule Magic) to 2MB using a hex editor (easy to do), since you don't need to adjust the internal header data for the Rom (this byte is ignored by most emulators), but you can change that manually too, so that it will know that it is now 2MB instead of 1MB.

Arnachy69

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2016, 07:56:02 am »
I'll suggest give it a try but me and hex eidtors grrrrrrrr
i'm no knowlegde of it maybe some guy me learn how roms using with hex editors
but for now on i'm not good with an hexeditor :(

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2016, 03:21:31 pm »
Strange. I took every Zelda III demo and unfinished hack at one point and did whatever I needed to do to make them all uniform in size and header free and had no problem with Lunar Expand.

Arnachy69

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2016, 03:13:05 am »
Strange. I took every Zelda III demo and unfinished hack at one point and did whatever I needed to do to make them all uniform in size and header free and had no problem with Lunar Expand.

Yep the same is for me normaly i'll never problems with lunar expand
but when i try the version of @Darklink it's goes corrupt
i'll have try the orginal Demo of Lyra Island and they goes fine :D
no corruption nothing

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2016, 03:53:11 am »
I remember making ROMs from some of the demos and unfinished hacks and then running them through Lunar Expand with a header (as was needed due to the patching specifications) and it would expand it to the wrong size. It's like it didn't notice the header (probably due to the irregular file size) and once the header was removed the ROM was $200 bytes short. I had to insert extra bytes at the end of the ROM to correct that after expanding the ROM and removing the header.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 04:02:24 am by SunGodPortal »