News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: .tm2 "TIM 2" files...?  (Read 2415 times)

Erdrick The Hero

• View Profile
.tm2 "TIM 2" files...?
« on: June 21, 2015, 08:50:26 pm »
Hello, I'm Erdrick The Hero! If you're a member of the Dragon Quest fan site, The Dragon's Den, you may recognize me.

I'm working on an English translation patch for Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Special on the PlayStation 2. (I've changed/translated the title to Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy in Fortune Street Special to go along with the officially released Fortune Street, or Dragon Quest and Super Mario in Itadaki Street Wii.) Although I'm technically able to edit all the text already with Notepad++, I've asked a friend to create a handy script dumper/re-inserter for ease of use, and I'm told that's nearly finished. But that's not why I'm here.

I've created an account here to ask for help figuring out how to convert .PNG image files to .TM2 texture files. I can already convert .TM2 to .PNG using Game Graphic Studio, but I can't find an option in the program, or any other program (other than OPTPiX, which I can't afford) to convert the other way once I've edited the texture. I see one utility on RHDN that converts bitmaps to TIM 2 textures, but the description claims that it doesn't support the alpha layer, which Itadaki Street textures make use of.

I run Windows 7 Home Premium x64, and Ubuntu Linux 14.04 x64. If possible, I'd prefer to stick with Windows programs, but if need be, I can use Linux. I do not own a Mac.

EDIT: I figured out how to replace the image in GGS. Somehow I screwed up the transparent color of the image, but I have a fix for that in mind.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 10:46:29 pm by Erdrick The Hero »
The views expressed in my posts, signatures, or other content do not represent the views of my employer.

tero

• View Profile
Re: .tm2 "TIM 2" files...?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 01:12:42 pm »
After some Googling.
These sites turned up, and may be of use.
http://kh-vids.net/threads/i-present-you-the-dissidia-modding-suite.111962/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYhQWFIkhrw

It looks like the Dissidia Modding Tool may be of use to you, and appears to be designed for texture hacking.