News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Seiken Densetsu 2 Retranslation and Expansion (translator needed)  (Read 35100 times)

zhade

• View Profile
    • zhaDe's stuff
Re: Seiken Densetsu 2 Retranslation and Expansion (translator needed)
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2015, 09:42:43 pm »
i hope that manafreak will expand the functions in his som1 editor to realise the NPC and Boss changes... It is a long way to change this kind of stuff only via ASM or hex edit...

did you mean Moppy's somEdit ? or is there another SoM editor in the work ?

SageOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2015, 09:54:44 pm »
@SageOwl
Yeah, I really want to know where that cartridge is, it would be worth a fortune and would bring so much joy to the SoM community if it was released on the net!
Or whatever CDs that may have been produced for Maru Island. Intact data from that game would be my holy grail.

RedScorpion

• View Profile
    • Snes-Projects
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2015, 02:51:06 am »
did you mean Moppy's somEdit ? or is there another SoM editor in the work ?

Yes sorry, i to be taken for with manafreak from Illusion of Gaia editor:

http://gaiathecreator.blogspot.de/

Thanks

red

Thanatos-Zero

• NES Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2015, 10:29:05 pm »
I am still working on my Egg.
Yet I feel unsure if I should redo the roots or let them be.

In any case, here the eye animated.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 07:59:49 am by Thanatos-Zero »

ChemaROMhacking

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2015, 01:47:29 am »
I am still working on my Egg.
Yet I feel unsure if I should redo the roots or let them be.

In any case, here the eye animated.

Fix'd

Thanatos-Zero

• NES Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2015, 04:49:15 pm »
Update:

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 04:55:58 pm by Thanatos-Zero »

zhade

• View Profile
    • zhaDe's stuff
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2015, 10:15:06 pm »
Good news, Mop has passed on his somEdit project to Enker because he didnt have much time or will to work on it anymore. Enker is the one who made the dissassemblies I use for my project and he seems to have touched everything in the game so he should make a fine job replacing Mop. He seems to have worked with AI and (I think) graphics compression so there might be an AI editing tool in the futur and a way to import new boss graphics ;)

http://somedit.blogspot.ca/

Thanatos-Zero

• NES Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2015, 10:38:46 am »
Thank you Zhade for the news.
Now it is time to update again.

Edit:
Update:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 03:43:02 pm by Thanatos-Zero »

DragonArk

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2015, 01:44:44 am »
Will this boss have it's own soundtrack? I'm guessing so seeing that thanatos and the mana beast both had their own unique tune. Could possibly re-use thanatos's song if you can't get a new track done.

Maybe I missed it but how does this boss fit into it? I'm guessing it will be after thanatos and before the mana beast? Actually now that I think about it, if it was before the mana beast, wouldn't the fortress fall? And if it was after the mana beast, wouldn't it be destroyed anyway due the depletion of mana? Just a thought, interested to know how you are tying it all in.

Thanatos-Zero

• NES Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2015, 01:33:17 pm »
Will this boss have it's own soundtrack? I'm guessing so seeing that thanatos and the mana beast both had their own unique tune. Could possibly re-use thanatos's song if you can't get a new track done.

Maybe I missed it but how does this boss fit into it? I'm guessing it will be after thanatos and before the mana beast? Actually now that I think about it, if it was before the mana beast, wouldn't the fortress fall? And if it was after the mana beast, wouldn't it be destroyed anyway due the depletion of mana? Just a thought, interested to know how you are tying it all in.
The Egg of Mana will have its own soundtrack. Either Final Fantasy 4 The After Years OST - Outer Shell or Live-a-Live OST Illusion

The Dark Lich is initiated in the other story route by Thanatos' proxy, his bunshin and shadow which I christened Kegal Barmen (which is a anagram of the two words Belgar and Kamen) using the unused sprites of a unnamed NPC.

It is a different story route, where the threat of the Mana Beast has been avoided by either killing it before it can take action or that Thanatos curb stumps it in his new Mana God Form.

http://legendofmana.info/encyclopedias/world-history/
By reading the Legends of Mana lore, the Mana Biest is in fact a ancient Flammie out of six, which are under the command ot the moon gods. Those ancient Flammies destroyed Fa'diel over and over again, because the Flammies quarreled with each other because the Moon Gods were always in a competition to outdo each other in creation.

However the fun ended when they wasted all their powers and Fa'diel remained destroyed.
At one point gates to dimensions opened, where the depowered moon gods gasped through and learned for the first time envy, fear and desire.

Later with cracks appearing on the Mana Tree, chaos from the other worlds drowned Fa'Diel. The Moon Gods gave their Flammies powerful stones. They rised to the skys and became rivers of mana which healed Fa'Diel.
The supposed sea of wonders is actually the gasp, the hole between dimensions.

I came to the conclusion, that when the Mana Fortress rised to the sky for the first time, it wasn't attacked by the Mana Biest, because it enraged the gods as a act of heresy, but rather it contained all the world's mana so the ancient Flammie was drawn to it for Fa'Diel's recovery.

The first attack took a good chunk of Mana from what was told on the Seikens Board from that world to Fa'Diel. And the second attack all of it when the Mana Beast died.

Popoi our all favorite sprite, landed in Fa'Diel after all Mana vanished.

However, there are things which are quite unknown, which Seiken Densetsu games take place in which world.
It appears that all the different worlds are parallel worlds and oddly Mavolia, the underworld and thus the dark echoes, is connected to all worlds with Mana.

I like to have all the source books of the World of Mana Series to piece all of the events properly together...

DragonArk

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2015, 07:01:09 pm »
Sounds good, I have no idea how each mana series links up. I'm interested to see your take on that story!

Da_GPer

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2015, 03:01:32 am »
The Egg of Mana will have its own soundtrack. Either Final Fantasy 4 The After Years OST - Outer Shell or Live-a-Live OST Illusion

I would suggest that the music be something original and not from another game. That way it wont be recognized by other players or those who play a lot of RPGs and it would be unique, not ripped off from another game.

zhade

• View Profile
    • zhaDe's stuff
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2015, 04:54:16 am »
I found a site that has a lets-play with text and images and someone translated some parts that were different in japanese, its actually pretty good, and it all makes way more sense ! here is the talk with the witch (btw, the boy is named BOY and KID is the girl and BOSS is the sprite)

Elinise "Now then! I'll be sending you off to Lord Thanatos! Begone!"
KID "Dyluck! What did you to do him!?"
Elinise "Ka-ka-ka! For some reason, it's only that man that my magic won't work on... though work on him, I did. Lord Thanatos then ordered me to send him to the ancient ruins of Pandora!"
BOY "'Thanatos'?"
Elinise "The Magic Knight Lord under the Vandole Empire, working to destroy Pandora Kingdom from the inside!"
KID "I'll never forgive you!"
Elinise "Kekeke. Near all of the kingdom has already been stripped down to nothing but walking flesh. Once Lord Thanatos storms the castle from the southern ruins, the kingdom is finished. Now then! Let me feed you to my sweet little tiger chimera!"

Elinise "Hii--!! Don't hurt me!
I'm so sorry. Lately the herbs I use for my magic have all been rotting away... in exchange for stripping the minds of the people of Pandora, Thanatos supplied me with the herbs I needed. From now on I'll just be an ordinary old lady, and live my life here quietly... The young man I sent away ought to be in the southern ruins of Pandora. In the treasure boxes, I leave you what I won't need anymore. Please take them with you...
Hmm? The orb in the Underground Palace? Oh, I'm afraid if you don't have the magic of water, you can't melt the lava. I've already reverted to a normal old lady and can't wield such magical powers any longer..."

KID "I knew Dyluck had to be alive. Thank god..."
Luka "BOY? Can you hear me? Come to the Water Palace immediately!"
BOY "That was Sage Luka! What in the world's happened now? Guys, I have to go..."
KID "... I'm going with you! I'm so worried about Dyluck, but it looks like it's going to be impossible to save him on my own. I've decided to go with you two, but in return, you've got to help me save Dyluck."
BOSS "Sis! I'm with ya! I'm on board for the long haul. Leave it to me!"

it doesnt have ALL the text translated but, most of the important parts are, here the link to the site, on the bottom of each page is the translation of the important dialogs made by "Reverend Cheddar" the lets-play is also pretty funny btw : link

Thanatos-Zero

• NES Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2015, 09:43:58 am »
Thank you Zhade.
I didn't know, that this man "Reverend Chedder" was translating it for fun. So it might be one of our best chances.

http://lparchive.org/Secret-of-Mana/Update%2001/
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 11:37:44 am by Thanatos-Zero »

Thanatos-Zero

• NES Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2015, 04:29:40 pm »
For anyone willing to join the project, here the link to the Skype Chatroom.
https://join.skype.com/fXWUo3d

magno

• View Profile
    • Traducciones Magno
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2015, 02:09:07 am »
Thank you Zhade.
I didn't know, that this man "Reverend Chedder" was translating it for fun. So it might be one of our best chances.

http://lparchive.org/Secret-of-Mana/Update%2001/

Yesterday, I read all the notes this guy did about changes with the original japanese script and they are pretty similar to the text RedScorpion sent to me from the spanish secret of mana version for iOS. It is supposed that this spanish version was translated from japanese from scratch and I'm reallty suprised that all changes noted in lparchive are the same that appear in spanish SoM for iOS.

SageOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2015, 12:55:19 am »
www.siliconera.com/2015/09/16/we-may-see-more-3d-remakes-if-final-fantasy-adventure-does-well/

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/116/1116424/

https://youtu.be/m7TqD87JfWE
The ONLY saving grace to this is the fact that they are at least putting this on a real console, albeit a very very niche one. The sad thing is: IF they release it in the other territories, then you KNOW it will be iOS/Android exclusive since the Vita is basically dead in the water.

ChemaROMhacking

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2015, 01:33:44 am »
The ONLY saving grace to this is the fact that they are at least putting this on a real console, albeit a very very niche one. The sad thing is: IF they release it in the other territories, then you KNOW it will be iOS/Android exclusive since the Vita is basically dead in the water.
I don't see what is the issue
I would rather have it on an open platform Android/iOS than in a closed one 3DS/Vita

SageOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2015, 05:21:17 pm »
I don't see what is the issue
I would rather have it on an open platform Android/iOS than in a closed one 3DS/Vita
Because games on Android/iOS tend to be half assed remakes/ports? Take for example Final Fantasy 5, 6, Secret of Mana remake and the GTA ports: graphically better (if even slightly), but significantly lack luster in game play and execution; it feels like you are playing a cheap imitation/watered down port. Also, not everyone owns an Android/Apple TV box, or even a bluetooth controller, so they will be relegated to touch controls, which I understand is personal preference, but plenty prefer tactile feel.
There is also a stigma to mobile gaming in that the games are built to take your money. It's that understanding that will drive off the non-casual market.

If they actually gave a shit about their audience, then they should release it on Steam. This sacrifices any kind of physical release (which I doubt they will do even on the Vita), but it does allow for much more open platform and a much more widespread market of people who may have actually played this game way back in the day. That is the market that will buy this game, not the ones sitting on their ass playing Cookie Crusher or whatever they are calling Bejeweled these days.