News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 7566 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: June 09, 2015, 04:08:20 am »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/)

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 08:19:40 am »
I'm not sure I understand what the point of the mapper changes are.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 11:45:39 am »
I'm not sure I understand what the point of the mapper changes are.

I suppose if someone wanted to further edit the game they would be useful as they might loosen some restrictions. As-is, yeah they are a little pointless and with the way they are being spammed here I suspect they aren't too difficult to make.

A tutorial on changing the mapper would be more appropriate, otherwise the site is going to drown in such inconsequential hacks. Also, I suspect that many of these will never be used for anything.
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 02:54:32 pm »
In order to avoid two parallel thread about the same thing I'd suggest continue to talk about this exclusively in the thread I made about it, and (potentially) talk only about other newly released hacks here.

I hope this will not be counted as a "acting as a moderator" rule violation for which I was already blamed in the past - but it shouldn't be this is no order, just a suggestion.

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 08:10:51 pm »
I suppose if someone wanted to further edit the game they would be useful as they might loosen some restrictions. As-is, yeah they are a little pointless and with the way they are being spammed here I suspect they aren't too difficult to make.

A tutorial on changing the mapper would be more appropriate, otherwise the site is going to drown in such inconsequential hacks. Also, I suspect that many of these will never be used for anything.

I wouldn't say these are pointless or not so difficult to make. I uploaded these to not only preserve the work of Infidelity & RetroRain but also for those ROM hackers who want to take advantage of benefits w/ more memory usage & CHR capacity. Some great examples of ROM hacks that take advantage of this are Infidelity's Legend of Link, Dr. Floppy's Legend of Iowa, Purasabe's Rockman 4 - Minus Infinity, & Grimlock's Rogue Dawn hack which is in the process of completion. In posting these I also hope that this helps other ROM hackers open some windows in pushing the boundaries of creating even better things in the future and also making sure these works do not vanish as they may help someone in the future.

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 08:26:35 pm »
I always wonder WHY RetroRain and Infidelity didn't submit these themselves. They are supposed to be active members here. Why should there be a "third party" in submitting their work? Do they know that they're work were archived here?

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 09:05:33 pm »
They have no problem with it as I sent them messages about hosting content plus I give the proper accreditation.

Infidelity also quotes on this forum here http://acmlm.kafuka.org/board/thread.php?id=7357

"I have no issue with you posting/hosting my patches, the more exposure for them, the better! :-) "

Its nice to have a "Third Party" sometimes to help spread great work as the submission process is time consuming for some people.   ;D

JCE3000GT

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 12:56:18 pm »
Its nice to have a "Third Party" sometimes to help spread great work as the submission process is time consuming for some people.   ;D

But I think you secretly do it to be #1 on the contributor list though...   :thumbsup:

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 03:04:52 pm »
But I think you secretly do it to be #1 on the contributor list though...   :thumbsup:

That really isn't a big deal to me :) Im all about preserving good projects that could possibly be lost to limbo or from file hosting services that are closing up. There is probably a descent amount of stuff that has been lost due to places like Rapidshare and MegaUpload shutting down or from old web hosting service accounts being closed. Its a real shame to see work like that disappear when somebody could appreciate it or use it for education purposes.

Avster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 03:19:10 pm »
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 06:40:56 pm by Avster »

Lunaria

• Meep
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 03:41:22 am »
Okay, who keeps uploading my shit to the database?

This isn't the first time, and it's not as if I don't have an account here anyway. So someone is submitting my work without even asking to make sure I want it here, and they couldn't even be arsed to look up if I had an account and provide the credit to it! >_<

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 06:57:02 am »
Okay, who keeps uploading my shit to the database?

This isn't the first time, and it's not as if I don't have an account here anyway. So someone is submitting my work without even asking to make sure I want it here, and they couldn't even be arsed to look up if I had an account and provide the credit to it! >_<

I found that on an ancient Board2 posted by someone named Lunaria here (Download link for it is dead now though) --> http://acmlm.kafuka.org/board/thread.php?id=669&page=1

Didn't know it was yours or I would have left it as it appeared they claimed credit on it.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 07:03:57 am by mrrichard999 »

Lunaria

• Meep
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 08:39:32 am »
Okay, fair enough. (Though I used to go by this nick there too before I changed it.)

It's also available on metconst. I never uploaded most of my smaller projects here since I consider them so low key. And I must admit, I do think it's a bit lacking in respect to upload other creators work without at least trying to contact them. (I do still read my mail box on board2 every now and then.) I get that the site is about archiving works, but still. The reason I flipped out though is that this isn't the first time someone uploaded my stuff here and credited it to one of my other nicks than the one I actually tie my uploaded works here. (Which could create confusion.)

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 08:07:44 am »
Okay, fair enough. (Though I used to go by this nick there too before I changed it.)

It's also available on metconst. I never uploaded most of my smaller projects here since I consider them so low key. And I must admit, I do think it's a bit lacking in respect to upload other creators work without at least trying to contact them. (I do still read my mail box on board2 every now and then.) I get that the site is about archiving works, but still. The reason I flipped out though is that this isn't the first time someone uploaded my stuff here and credited it to one of my other nicks than the one I actually tie my uploaded works here. (Which could create confusion.)

Lately have been making attempts to contact but lots of the time I get no answers back or they are on board with it. I would go ahead and fix the listing but my submission queses are maxed out at the moment :P
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:13:37 am by mrrichard999 »