News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: FFVI - Return of the Dark Sorcerer released!  (Read 51909 times)

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: FFVI - Return of the Dark Sorcerer released!
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2014, 07:08:13 pm »
Might = Strength if I remember right.

As for the save conversion, I sadly haven't a clue as I don't use a phone for emulation. I live under a rock and use Wii and PSP. :D 

so u saying just throw 4 party members together and just walk up to kekfa and ignore soldiers?

When I got to that point, I made a group of 4 (Avalon, Cloud, Tifa, and Arc) and just went through killing everything before going to Kefka. Beefed up those four a good bit, and got some cash for the Neko merchant chilling on the far left of the routes, who has some pretty good shit for sale.

Oh yeah, hold onto your old equipment for when you hit the arena near Twilight Vista. You can save a great deal of cash betting old gear for stuff you'd otherwise be paying for. Good thing to do here is to savestate when you're picking the stuff you want to bet, just in case you don't like the item it can become, or if the monster you fight beats the living dogshit out of you. 

Also from what I hear the True Duel patch works with ROTDS, which let's you control your characters in the Arena fights.  Not sure on the patching order though, as I never tried it personally (though at one point I was tempted to when I watched Cloud use Poisona on himself for no reason then get raped, which was both annoying and hilarious).
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

Celice

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2014, 08:05:52 pm »
Me and my brother keep meaning to do that patch for the arena control. We used it in the Eternal Crystals hack no probs, but here we realized stop is extremely powerful in the arena. So we give Ronan two boxing gloves, and just keep trying until stop triggers. Then it's relatively smooth sailing.

Currently we're in the WoR and have most things wrapped up.

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2015, 12:40:51 am »
I'm glad to see this hack progressing as more people play it. I got stuck near the beginning when you first released it.  However, I am going to give this another go soon. I loved your intro and the idea of custom boss battles. Looking forward to trying this out again.

Gi Nattak

• View Profile
    • http://ff6hacking.com/
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2015, 02:51:37 pm »
Version 1.2 is now ready and in the Queue to be uploaded, so be sure and grab it when it is up! Hopefully there has been a lot of changes for the better and many issues resolved.

- Make sure to patch on a clean headered Final Fantasy III 1.0 (U) [!] ROM.
- Do not attempt to patch over version 1.1, or 1.0.
- If you are having a freezing issue in battle, it's because you did not patch on a headered ROM.
- If you have issues getting it to work or have any questions, please contact me.

I will leave you with the change log entries here to see what all has, well, changed:

- Made it so Guest Adder guests can fight in the final battle.
- Changed the formula for stamina related damage/healing to:
power = max hp * 32 / 1024 to help out the stamina stat.
- Added a timer reset function for poison damage tics.
- Altered the Actors HP & MP evolution growth to lower values at higher levels to promote importance for HP & MP increasing equipment and items still at high levels.
- Fixed a issue with Spirit (Rage) for Reaper having the monster weapon sticking. (thanks & credit to Synchysi!)
- Changed Pep up so it leaves you with 1 HP instead of dead. (thanks & credit to Synchysi!)
- Made Magitek skill Revitalize get rid of seizure status.
- Fixed an issue with a monster in the Final Dungeon.
- Balanced some bosses a bit more. Most notably Tritoch at the start, due to the poison reset function being added. Final Bosses a bit as well.
- Increased most monsters Gil drop by 25%
- Fixed a possible nibble issue after dying in Dream Shrine medly.
- Took out a couple problematic monsters from possible colosseum opponents.
- Balanced the colosseum prize chains.
- Fixed an issue with Shadow Flare bugging out like crazy on monster formations of 5.
- Fixed an overworld tile where a character could get stuck forever by using a chocobo.
- Aeon Crystal now protects against Seizure status.
- Put a bunch more songs in, many of them created and hacked in via mml by Jackimus. (thanks & credit to Jackimus!)
- Touched up various song volume levels.
- Touched up the spider boss sprite a bit.
- Changed a few spell costs.
- Edited Meteo spell to attack 4 times.
- Fixed an issue of some shared treasure bits.
- Changed the Fire Dragon battle so it doesn't have to be survival only.
- Lowered Avalon's Havoc hit % from 150 to 128.
- Lowered price of Neko merchant in Ronan's scenario and the colosseum.
- Fixed a ton of formations where the monsters would be off the screen, usually in pincer attacks.
- New Tifa sprite. (thanks & credit to Poco Loco and Astaroth!)
- Updated Tifa portrait to match sprite more. (thanks & credit to Sutebenu!)
- Made it impossible to warp away from some key event battles. (thanks & credit to Madsiur!)
- Changed 3 of Cloud's Limit Break animations to feature the Buster Sword.
- Changed the Auction House to a church, that is more or less still an auction house lol.
- Gave Pepe a shop for the WoR that sells most of the Aethers (in case player missed, or sold) and also Dragon Balls (moved from Jericho).
- Other things like some small event changes, dialog edits, bug fixes.

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2015, 10:08:48 pm »
Hey Gi, you know where to find FuSoya in the World of Ruin, how to kill the dragon in the Phoenix Cave, and how to open the secret door to convert the Odin Esper to the upgraded one? Also do you lose the Odin Esper when you convert it to Raiden or is it patched to where you can still keep the old esper and have the new one at the same time?

Gi Nattak

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2015, 12:51:41 am »
to avoid spoilers here I will PM you these answers. ;)

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
Skank Muffin Carnage? Bag One For Me!
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2015, 04:32:29 pm »
With 1.2's release I finally started a new playthrough. So far I've gotten to the save point on the mountain before getting Ronan.

Highlights so far:

1: the increased gil drops = me having to grind less for gear in Seascape (better armor and weapons, 3 Star Pendants, and a Vambrace for Cloud). That also equals out to a better challenge out of the mountain, as I'm taking it on at lv10 instead of lv12.

2: Music playing when Kefka's burning the castle: I like the music itself, but it feels weird hearing at this spot. But then again it might just be my personal opinion, as I was half expecting to hear something from DOOM (which would've been epic as shit and went with Kefka's theme nicely).

3: ATB and overall battle: compared to the PS1 version of FF6 I was messing with the other night, it's a breath of fresh air.  The difficulty of the fights makes me think of the SaGa games, where if you aren't careful the enemies can slaughter you, but you can still tear them apart fairly quickly.

4: Buster Sword graphic during Limit Breaks: Something I've wanted to see since the first time I testplayed. :D  Very awesome. I know only a few are done right now, but the ones that are have a greater feel of power to them. You've earned yourselves a  :cookie:.

5:Music Player:  With all the crazy music in  RotDS, I still patiently await the day that a music player comes to fruition. whether it be a record player somewhere, or in the options menu like FF6 T Edition.

I'll come up with some more highlights as I get farther in, probably after the three scenarios and the Kefka fight.

Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

MarksmanBrett

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2015, 07:13:23 pm »
Also where to find genji glove
and another question, what party is best used to go up agaisnt proton and the boss with the tri elemental attack after? im getting owned hard with no tifa in my party to heal... she chases and im only left with 3 members...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 09:18:53 am by MarksmanBrett »

Gi Nattak

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2015, 11:21:28 pm »
Just a heads up - version 1.3 has been released and is up for download, so be sure and grab it! So much has been changed for the better from the previous installments, I'd really appreciate any time invested in playing it now from those that have tried it in the past and those who have yet to give it a try. Feedback and reviews are always welcomed. Thanks and enjoy. :beer:

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2015, 01:29:55 pm »
Oh boy, more awesome stuff to invest my free time in when not knee-deep in FF4 editing.  :D Thank you!

As usual I'll start fresh and give you feedback  as I go along.

Gi Nattak

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2015, 07:05:08 pm »
Just wanted to drop by and say that a version 1.4 is already on the way now. While nothing major is done in this version this time, it will address many bugs that have been discovered in v1.3, some which are pretty bad... Should be dropping within the next couple weeks and will most likely be the last version to come out in a long time. Will report back!