News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: A (Bunny) Link to the Past v1.5  (Read 21751 times)

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: A (Bunny) Link to the Past *Updated!*
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2016, 05:38:42 pm »
Awesome. I stumbled upon one of your previous patches yesterday when transferring files from one of my backup discs that has a bunch of demos and stuff and was just wondering what the status of this hack was. I'm glad to see this is still going. I'll have to check this version out in the coming days (kinda busy ATM). As always, it's great to see anyone working on ALttP so keep up the good work.
 :beer:
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

Draygone

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2016, 10:28:55 am »
I'm one of the "recent interests" Ryusuta's mentioned.  At this moment, I'm two videos in:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9kd-uZiIb99nhQYm2q-gyvbyq2arM0-p

I checked out the update.  The old man who mentions that his son likes playing the flute has a typo.  He says "My son renjoyed".
Also, in hindsight, it probably is better that the old man say "ocarina" instead of "flute", since it is an ocarina you find (weird that the son's ghost is playing a different instrument).  So just fix the "renjoyed" typo and it's good.

By the way, I personally think the Triforce is best left pink.  I think it helps give this game an identity.

(Also, is it just me, or is the first image of this topic broken?)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 10:50:56 am by Draygone »

CM30

• View Profile
    • Gaming Reinvented (in beta testing)
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2016, 08:14:07 am »
So err... does his form change back once he beats the final boss? Or is he stuck as a rabbit for the rest of his life?

Like Wario?  If so, check out Wario Forums today!

Similarly, want to test a new gaming site?  Check out Gaming Reinvented! Now in beta!

Draygone

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2016, 10:53:11 am »
Don't answer that.  That's an answer that should be discovered, not told.  (And I don't want to accidentally see it.)

Ryusuta

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2016, 02:24:50 pm »
New major update! We're really getting toward the end of the main production on this one, guys!

UPDATE v1.5 NOTES:
-Updated and fixed SEVERAL dialogue strings, including...
--"Flute" Boy's grandpa
--Random bar patron
--Agahnim's first encounter (FINALLY)
--Priest first encounter
--Bully when holding Moon Pearl
--Bottle Salesman
--Brother sealed in his room
-FINALLY fixed the colors on Link's "dead" sprite so he's not wearing red gloves or something.
-I arbitrarily chose the version number so I can keep track.

Thank you guys for sticking with me on this one for so long. It truly means more to me than I can say.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9X_IQFrnAWIMnJEcXJJamRXX1k

So err... does his form change back once he beats the final boss? Or is he stuck as a rabbit for the rest of his life?

Suffice it to say that there IS an answer to that question.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: A (Bunny) Link to the Past v1.5
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2016, 03:44:06 pm »
FYI: I think you may have the entire ROM in your patch. It should be a few 100 KBs, but it's over 1 MB (good indication). This usually happens if you compare a headered ROM to an unheadered ROM when creating your patches.
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

Ryusuta

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2016, 04:06:04 pm »
FYI: I think you may have the entire ROM in your patch. It should be a few 100 KBs, but it's over 1 MB (good indication). This usually happens if you compare a headered ROM to an unheadered ROM when creating your patches.

They're both headered, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I'll try to address it when I can.

Also, some issues came up with this update. For some reason, lots of annoying problems arose. Here's a "1.6" file which should address the new issues. And if not... tomorrow is another day and I'll get back to work then.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9X_IQFrnAWIQzF0M1JTdXZkX1E
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 05:11:00 pm by Ryusuta »

Lunaria

• Meep
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2016, 05:23:43 pm »
I streamed this earlier today (not that I have much of an audience), so if you want to watch someone just playthrough a link to the past with your hack on it, feel free to check it out: Here.

I saw a couple of tablets still in the game, and some of the palettes were a bit weird, but otherwise I found this to be fairly solid. The changed dialogue is great, if maybe a bit too light-hearted. :P

Ryusuta

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2016, 06:34:33 pm »
I streamed this earlier today (not that I have much of an audience), so if you want to watch someone just playthrough a link to the past with your hack on it, feel free to check it out: Here.

I saw a couple of tablets still in the game, and some of the palettes were a bit weird, but otherwise I found this to be fairly solid. The changed dialogue is great, if maybe a bit too light-hearted. :P

Yeah, I really need to get around to removing the rest of them. I'll definitely check it out! That you for your interest and support!

Draygone

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2017, 11:44:26 pm »
It's been a while since this topic has recieved any activity, and I want to bring some attention back to this romhack.  Partly by resuming the let's play that I started months ago.  This episode features a few noteworthy text changes involving Agahnim and Bunny Link, so check it out if you're interested: https://youtu.be/8mNXw2FFWK0

As far as I can tell, the patch I'm using now is not available in the original post, yet.  I think Ryusuta is secretly using me to beta test this version. =P

I feel like it would be frowned upon if I posted every time I uploaded a new episode, so keep an eye on this playlist for furthur changes: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9kd-uZiIb99nhQYm2q-gyvbyq2arM0-p
I plan on posting two episodes a week, and fully intend to play through to the end this time.