News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Final Fantasy 7 - Retranslation Project (PSX)  (Read 9547 times)

RHDNBot

  • Guest

Update By: Green_goblin

This is a complete retranslation and relocalization from the ground up, based on the original Japanese. The aim is to have an end product that is accurate and professional.  Official sources have been used to minimize errors in context and spelling.  The project's name "Beacause" comes from a misspelling (in the original localization) in the only line spoken by Jenova.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.0)

aisuga

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Translations: Final Fantasy 7 - Retranslation Project (PSX)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 12:20:20 pm »
What program has been used to make the discs image these xdelta patches are based on? I tried with imgburn and if I create a .bin, it has the correct size, but when I patch it, I get an error about checksum mismatch and if I make an .iso (as the description suggests), it's not the same size.

Edit: Nvm, I tried on my laptop and it worked this time.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 12:49:14 pm by aisuga »

gblues

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Translations: Final Fantasy 7 - Retranslation Project (PSX)
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 01:38:34 am »
I haven't had any luck getting this working in the Mednafen core of RetroArch.

- I have BIN/CUE of all 3 disks
- The BIN successfully patches with no checksum errors
- I edit the CUE file to point to the patched BIN file

If I try to run the CUE file, I get a blank screen.

If I convert the patched BIN/CUE to ISO, the emulator doesn't even boot.

If I make the ISO file first, the resulting file is the wrong size and won't patch.

Has anyone had luck getting this to work with RetroArch?

GrammerPants

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Translations: Final Fantasy 7 - Retranslation Project (PSX)
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 09:17:22 pm »
Keep getting a xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVAILD_INPUT
xdelta3: normally this indicates that the source file is incorrect
xdelta3: please verify the source file with sha1sum or equivalent.

Original files, same size as required.

Any suggestions?

*EDIT* got disc 2 to patch, same issue with disc 1 and 3

*EDIT* *EDIT* got it too work, my own ISO files were no good (except disc 2) managed to find copies that work.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:09:29 am by GrammerPants »

earthboundfan15

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Translations: Final Fantasy 7 - Retranslation Project (PSX)
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 10:51:18 am »
Does anyone know how to get the patch working? I've tried countless times to get it working but to my dismay it never does. (Except for disc 2 for some strange reason) I just keep getting for disc 1 and 3
xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVAILD_INPUT
xdelta3: normally this indicates that the source file is incorrect
xdelta3: please verify the source file with sha1sum or equivalent.
The files have been ecm and Bin   :(


Plint Michigan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 328
    • View Profile
Re: Translations: Final Fantasy 7 - Retranslation Project (PSX)
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 06:26:37 pm »
All I can hope for is the un-killing of Tseng Turk. It always kind of baffled me when he appeared in Advent Children in such a casual way.