[PSX] Final Fantasy VII - Retranslation Project (R06g)

Started by Green_goblin, May 10, 2015, 05:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green_goblin

Quote from: TheFirender on October 08, 2021, 05:34:06 PM
I also got this bug even on the new version but on Disc 2.

Which patch did you apply? I offer 8 different patches.
Sounds weird, all 3 discs share the same content except the movies.
Regards.

fleedar

#601
Hello! I just started a playthrough and I'm running into a bug. When walking into 7th Heaven for the first time and trying to speak to Biggs at the table, the game will freeze and the last played note in the music will hang. I'm running the latest version of Beacause Canon Addendum with the Chicago font on a real PlayStation using an XStation. Any ideas?

Thank you so much for all your work on this by the way. I've waited for many years for something like this to come along and I've been so excited to play it!

Edit: I tried the Beacause Canon Addendum patch without the Chicago font and was able to talk to Biggs without freezing, but as soon as the dialogue finished and I tried to walk away, it froze then. Then I tried vanilla Beacause with no addendum or Chicago and it didn't freeze at all. I'll stick with this one for now!

Green_goblin

Quote from: fleedar on October 15, 2021, 07:39:22 PM
Hello! I just started a playthrough and I'm running into a bug. When walking into 7th Heaven for the first time and trying to speak to Biggs at the table, the game will freeze and the last played note in the music will hang. I'm running the latest version of Beacause Canon Addendum with the Chicago font on a real PlayStation using an XStation. Any ideas?

Thank you so much for all your work on this by the way. I've waited for many years for something like this to come along and I've been so excited to play it!

Edit: I tried the Beacause Canon Addendum patch without the Chicago font and was able to talk to Biggs without freezing, but as soon as the dialogue finished and I tried to walk away, it froze then. Then I tried vanilla Beacause with no addendum or Chicago and it didn't freeze at all. I'll stick with this one for now!

Weird, I'll investigate. Thanks.

highlander

hummmm...
in cd1, flashback inside shin-ra mansion.
on the left side is the piano. the square; and L1 or R1 + triangle buttons plays like the cancel sound on menu, plus white flash.
this is a bug, or a normal and broken piano?

>> ff7 original and beacause

Green_goblin

Quote from: highlander on October 29, 2021, 03:40:43 PM
hummmm...
in cd1, flashback inside shin-ra mansion.
on the left side is the piano. the square; and L1 or R1 + triangle buttons plays like the cancel sound on menu, plus white flash.
this is a bug, or a normal and broken piano?

>> ff7 original and beacause

It happens as well in original game, so I'm not sure if it's intended as in a very old mansion some things are expected to be broken.

highlander

don't know if it's in the pc version.
but yeah... it's a old mansion, i doubt anyone has tuned/played the piano "recently".

DLPB

It's 100% intended. The first clue is that the screen flashes. This has been programmed in. The piano has broken keys.

Panzer88

Were there any changes to the script between version 06g and 06j?
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

mike_esquire

I just got the final crater dealt with and made my way to do the chocobo breeding. im on disc 3. when i go to get mime or quadra magic materia, the game goes to a battle swirl and the screen stays black while the music from the very first boss plays. please help as it's virtually impossible to fight weapon without mime at the very least

Green_goblin

Quote from: mike_esquire on May 03, 2022, 08:12:00 PM
I just got the final crater dealt with and made my way to do the chocobo breeding. im on disc 3. when i go to get mime or quadra magic materia, the game goes to a battle swirl and the screen stays black while the music from the very first boss plays. please help as it's virtually impossible to fight weapon without mime at the very least

Hi mike_esquire,

Are you using latest version R06g? In the affirmative, please let me know which version of the patch are you using, as I offer 8 different options.

Regards

Djungelurban

#610
Quote from: Green_goblin on May 04, 2022, 04:01:01 AMHi mike_esquire,

Are you using latest version R06g? In the affirmative, please let me know which version of the patch are you using, as I offer 8 different options.

Regards
Different guy, but same problem. And yes, I'm using R06g. Beacause Canon Addendum R06g to be exact (with the Chicago font I think but not hard type). Tried Knight of the Round cave too, same result... But "HP <-> MP/Swap" cave went fine. Playing using latest version of Duckstation.

Edit: Turns out there was a newer version than the one I used... Just had the same name so not obvious to figure out. Seems to be working now though...

Green_goblin

Quote from: Djungelurban on June 30, 2022, 01:12:19 PMEdit: Turns out there was a newer version than the one I used... Just had the same name so not obvious to figure out. Seems to be working now though...

Yes, sorry about that. The new version had no changes translationwise, so I had to use same name but different issue date.

Djungelurban

Well, atleast I figured it out and atleast if someone else is faced with the same problem there's this thread to answer them.
Overall, it's a great translation and most importantly, it makes the story in game comprehensible finally. I do miss the W-Item glitch something fierce though, makes materia grinding so much more palatable... But I doubt that's something that would ever be "re-broken".

Pariston

Is Demons Gate buffed in this version? His attacks does way too much damage compared to vanilla.