News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [PSX] Final Fantasy VII - Retranslation Project (R06g)  (Read 260342 times)

DLPB

• View Profile
Re: [PSX] Final Fantasy VII - Retranslation Project (R06g)
« Reply #480 on: January 13, 2021, 10:14:01 am »
Flower girl isn't canon... it's a description from a faulty translation.

CasualChris

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 13, 2021, 10:54:11 am »
Ditto; I see absolutely no issue with "Flower Seller".

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 13, 2021, 01:31:15 pm »
to me, "flower girl" was always evocative of a wedding rather than a girl selling flowers
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 13, 2021, 01:35:21 pm »
to me, "flower girl" was always evocative of a wedding rather than a girl selling flowers

True, and it's correct to call her a flower seller. It's insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but my daughter's name is Aerith so her being a flower girl was something I had hoped remained. Oh well.

Kensou

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 14, 2021, 12:37:23 am »
Hello everyone, and thank you green_goblin for updating the translation. I play it on original hardware and have come up with an issue. I use the Share materia option a lot since it lets me swap materia sets between characters, and I like to select the whole row of either the materia equipped on the weapon or the armor. Whenever I do that with the materia equipped in the armor, the game freezes. This does not happen if I swap materia selecting it from a character's weapon.

This happens on both Beacause and Because Canon addendum. I have not tried either the chicago font or hard type variations.

wakkoswami

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 14, 2021, 01:37:12 am »
Hello everyone, and thank you green_goblin for updating the translation. I play it on original hardware and have come up with an issue. I use the Share materia option a lot since it lets me swap materia sets between characters, and I like to select the whole row of either the materia equipped on the weapon or the armor. Whenever I do that with the materia equipped in the armor, the game freezes. This does not happen if I swap materia selecting it from a character's weapon.

This happens on both Beacause and Because Canon addendum. I have not tried either the chicago font or hard type variations.

Just tried this on Beetle PSX and it freezes the game on there too.

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 14, 2021, 05:44:42 am »

Ok thanks, I'll investigate.

Regards

CasualChris

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 14, 2021, 09:21:08 am »
Something that I forgot to mention last page: I have no idea whether it was a glitch or just me playing extremely poorly (or both), but because the text boxes during the marching sequence in Junon have been removed, I couldn't for the life of me manage a score above the initial 20% no matter what rhythm I pressed Circle in. Feel free to inform me on what I was potentially doing wrong.

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 14, 2021, 09:26:38 am »
Something that I forgot to mention last page: I have no idea whether it was a glitch or just me playing extremely poorly (or both), but because the text boxes during the marching sequence in Junon have been removed, I couldn't for the life of me manage a score above the initial 20% no matter what rhythm I pressed Circle in. Feel free to inform me on what I was potentially doing wrong.

DLPB fixed that part severely. Now you need to be super accurate to get the best result, and that means:

-Touching other soldiers is not allowed
-You need to quickly place yourself at the right spot
-Your steps must be synchronized with the other soldiers steps
-The rifle movements must be synchronized with the other soldiers as well

Currently thinking about relaxing it a little bit as many people complained about the difficulty.

CasualChris

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 14, 2021, 10:20:06 am »
DLPB fixed that part severely. Now you need to be super accurate to get the best result, and that means:

-Touching other soldiers is not allowed
-You need to quickly place yourself at the right spot
-Your steps must be synchronized with the other soldiers steps
-The rifle movements must be synchronized with the other soldiers as well

Currently thinking about relaxing it a little bit as many people complained about the difficulty.

Geez. I guess that explains why it took me around forty tries (yes, I did count) before I could even make it into the formation. I would definitely appreciate any sort of difficulty reduction there (or better yet, exactly the same as the original), as I already disliked that part in vanilla FFVII, and I'm sure that I'm not alone there.

Kensou

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 14, 2021, 11:23:51 am »

Ok thanks, I'll investigate.

Regards

Thank you  :)

pating

• The Filipino Shark
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 14, 2021, 05:56:48 pm »
Geez. I guess that explains why it took me around forty tries (yes, I did count) before I could even make it into the formation. I would definitely appreciate any sort of difficulty reduction there (or better yet, exactly the same as the original), as I already disliked that part in vanilla FFVII, and I'm sure that I'm not alone there.

From what I remember I manage to get through to this by having a turbo controller and rapidly pressing the circle button while marching  8)

But if this patch/mod made it more difficult I guess it is worth to try

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 14, 2021, 06:05:15 pm »

Yeah that part was always a challenge to me no matter what. I would much rather prefer the original as it was too.

wakkoswami

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 14, 2021, 09:55:13 pm »
Yeah that part was always a challenge to me no matter what. I would much rather prefer the original as it was too.

I agree with this as well. It took me about a dozen tries to get through it rather than 40 but I have no idea what I did correctly compared to the earlier tries. It was better when it was "broken" imo and you could just sloppily run into the formation and spam O to improve your score.

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 01, 2021, 06:23:18 am »
Well it's been a month and not so many complaints so I guess it's time to update main page.

chrome99001

• View Profile
« Reply #495 on: February 03, 2021, 09:17:29 am »
Just patched R06g and run it on epsxe on android. Works great and can run my old saves. But I noticed one minor issue in the inventory. The item names of many items ('Starlight Megaphone' for one) would overflow towards the item quantity.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 10:26:05 am by chrome99001 »

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 03, 2021, 09:11:36 pm »
Well it's been a month and not so many complaints so I guess it's time to update main page.

Awesome. I've been holding off playing FF7 again just because I was waiting for an update on this particular project. Can't wait to burn this and fire it up my PS2 on the CRT (via component!).
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

Kensou

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 04, 2021, 12:43:30 am »

Does this mean the materia share issue is solved? I'm holding off this year's playthrough (yeah I usually play FF7 once a year) for this awesome translation.

BlazeHeatnix

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 05, 2021, 01:17:34 pm »
The Remake throws a wrench into this because I'm wanting the version with the canon terminology gets updated to reflect the "new" canon.