News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 - Retranslation Project (PSX)  (Read 216009 times)

Green_goblin

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 7 - Retranslation Project (PSX)
« Reply #400 on: May 01, 2020, 09:22:04 am »
Hi! I am experiencing a sound error in this patch that I have confirmed is not present in the unpatched file. It occurs during the Jenova FMV in the Nibelheim flashback. It sounds like this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M59DbXm2JxlMaXjay6B-V0Ke2or2LYlx/view?usp=sharing. Basically seems like a crackling sound because a sound effect can not play properly. This is occurring in Mednafen/Liberto Beetle but perhaps I could test in ePSXe if need be. I hope this helps and you can apply a fix.

EDIT: Ignore the visuals in the link if it appears glitchy. That's some problem on Google's end. I am only talking about the sound.

I am aware of that sound problem and it will be fixed in the next release. I was using the wrong software and hence the weird sound.

thebrokepope

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 01, 2020, 11:20:29 pm »
I am aware of that sound problem and it will be fixed in the next release. I was using the wrong software and hence the weird sound.

That's great to hear. Seems like there's a few of these technical issues that have gone unfixed since 2016. I understand not wanting to touch the translation if an update is on the way,  but with no release window for R07 to my knowledge perhaps a touch up is in order? Thank you for keeping this project alive.

MoaM

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 07, 2020, 06:20:09 am »
There's a bug with the robot hammer enemies in the Shinra Building (first time through). They give a "Scene 424", "Error Code: 32" "Data Error" message at the start of a battle.

I patched an original ISO of the US FF7 game and I'm using the Chaos version of the translation.

Afiction

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 08, 2020, 04:25:20 pm »
Thank you for taking all this on! Really looking forward to this after FF7R.  :woot!:

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 09, 2020, 06:39:05 am »
There's a bug with the robot hammer enemies in the Shinra Building (first time through). They give a "Scene 424", "Error Code: 32" "Data Error" message at the start of a battle.

I patched an original ISO of the US FF7 game and I'm using the Chaos version of the translation.

I know how to fix it, wait for the new release.

Jsarrett11

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 16, 2020, 04:29:46 am »
So I understand there's supposed to be another release but anyway I've encountered some bugs that I'd like to know if anyone else has encountered.

1. Inside the sealed cave in Cosmo canyon at the entrance after you go through the door and down the first ladder and have to go down the rope to reach the next ladder it simply will not let you.

2. Junon is just inaccessible from the world map it stays black with glitched music playing, however you can enter upper junon from the cargo ship at Costa del Sol.

3.when you first arrive at the gold saucer and have to pick someone to go with you, when you try to go proceed through one of the holes to any place it stays black and either plays frozen music or the music that is played is the "main theme of ff7" music.

I'm sure there's a couple more I quite can't remember. But good thing I can switch back to the original iso to get past the glitch and then just load the patched version back up so at least that works. It's a little annoying but hey it does the job. On another note for some wierd reason the game where you get aeriths ultimate weapon wouldn't work on the original iso but did work on the patched version.

Leoprime

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 16, 2020, 11:21:50 am »
I've been playing through this via PSIO on real hardware and I've encountered the reported Jenova FMV,  "Scene 424", "Error Code: 32" "Data Error", and Tiny Bronco errors that have been reported before. I recently had my main PS1 die so I've switched to playing off discs on a modded PSOne and have had these problems:

Entering Junon during the huge materia quest in Disc 2: Freezes and goes black, plays error sound.
Entering certain screens during the underwater reactor: Same, freezes and goes black, plays error sound.

I've tried various different burns and media and cannot resolve this error. I haven't been able to test on PSIO.

Listai

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 10, 2020, 08:13:12 pm »
There was a big PSIO update yesterday that fixed some FPS issues with FFVII - can't wait to give the new patch a whirl when it is released  :)

niuus

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 14, 2020, 09:12:08 pm »
I've been playing through this via PSIO on real hardware and I've encountered the reported Jenova FMV,  "Scene 424", "Error Code: 32" "Data Error", and Tiny Bronco errors that have been reported before. I recently had my main PS1 die so I've switched to playing off discs on a modded PSOne and have had these problems:

Entering Junon during the huge materia quest in Disc 2: Freezes and goes black, plays error sound.
Entering certain screens during the underwater reactor: Same, freezes and goes black, plays error sound.

I've tried various different burns and media and cannot resolve this error. I haven't been able to test on PSIO.
Is this error happening with plain Beacause 04c or with the Canon Addendum 0.3? I'm asking because i've been holding out since 2017 to play the game (for the first time ever!) since the next release was supposed to be out 'soon'. Now i'll just play it with whatever works without freezing the game.  :laugh:

DLPB

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 18, 2020, 04:28:32 pm »
Just to note that the new home of The Reunion is here until a website is created:
https://discord.gg/234czYF      

I've severed all ties with Qhimm.com and wish them nothing but misery.   

CoolCatBomberMan

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 18, 2020, 08:05:46 pm »
I don't know anything about Qhimm.com. What happened?

DLPB

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 18, 2020, 08:11:20 pm »
I don't want to bog down this place with the mindless nonsense.  I'll address it on Youtube and my server.   :D

cooper774

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 28, 2020, 03:38:47 am »
I'm going to play this version of Final Fantasy VII, I want to ask if there is any bug that I should be aware that will stop me in completing the game. I'll play this with ir-PCSX ReARMed emulator in a Raspberry Pi.

Thanks.

Listai

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 28, 2020, 07:46:14 pm »
How is the project coming along?

I'm desperate to replay FFVII after remake (which I hated) and this re translation would be the perfect way to go back to it.

DLPB

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 31, 2020, 10:33:02 am »
Join my discord :)  FF7.Live has a link.

It's going very well - the final grammar check is almost done and then it's a final play through with box positioning.

DLPB

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 09, 2020, 08:49:11 pm »
DLPBToday at 1:47 AM
Update:  The main grammar check is complete.  Essentially, the retranslation project is complete.  I now need to resolve some minor things with Charlie and Luksy as I walk through the game positioning boxes.   I'll release R06g reasonably soon

Listai

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 10, 2020, 10:21:22 pm »
DLPBToday at 1:47 AM
Update:  The main grammar check is complete.  Essentially, the retranslation project is complete.  I now need to resolve some minor things with Charlie and Luksy as I walk through the game positioning boxes.   I'll release R06g reasonably soon

This is fantastic news! - can't wait  :D

The Hylian

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 27, 2020, 08:35:04 pm »
Hi there!
I'm currently working on an extensive analysis of the original FFVII, and I've been trying to recreate the original experience, with the best of my efforts, as faithfully as possible. This includes using the PSX version with the best possible translation of the original script. I've found a YT playlist using the R04c version of the translation on the PSX. The footage is perfect for the video, but I noticed numerous mistakes, including orthographic ones, left in the script.
I was told this was the best place to find help.
From this page alone, I understand there's a R07 version. Can someone help me out with what is the best translated script I can find today? What are the updates of these new translations? Is there a text dump out there? Is there footage of a full PSX playthrough without commentary that features a translation newer than the R04c one?
Thanks in advance!

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 28, 2020, 01:46:00 pm »
Hi there!
I'm currently working on an extensive analysis of the original FFVII, and I've been trying to recreate the original experience, with the best of my efforts, as faithfully as possible. This includes using the PSX version with the best possible translation of the original script. I've found a YT playlist using the R04c version of the translation on the PSX. The footage is perfect for the video, but I noticed numerous mistakes, including orthographic ones, left in the script.
I was told this was the best place to find help.
From this page alone, I understand there's a R07 version. Can someone help me out with what is the best translated script I can find today? What are the updates of these new translations? Is there a text dump out there? Is there footage of a full PSX playthrough without commentary that features a translation newer than the R04c one?
Thanks in advance!

Latest PSX version is R04c. Unfortunately R07 is not out yet.
You can get the latest script downloading The Reunion (https://ff7.live/) and then using touphscript (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/724700476192325726/742069412621975593/ts-latest-09Aug2020.7z).

List of updates here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jcnXS15WprRsqaVQ_HFwZSaz_XV-H39Yru_GRpkUT0w/edit#gid=602416885

No playthrough yet on Youtube.

The Hylian

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 29, 2020, 12:13:21 am »
Latest PSX version is R04c. Unfortunately R07 is not out yet.
You can get the latest script downloading The Reunion (https://ff7.live/) and then using touphscript (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/724700476192325726/742069412621975593/ts-latest-09Aug2020.7z).

List of updates here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jcnXS15WprRsqaVQ_HFwZSaz_XV-H39Yru_GRpkUT0w/edit#gid=602416885

No playthrough yet on Youtube.
Thanks Goblin!
I'm a bit confused with how this works though. Touphscript is a program that I have to run by clicking on the .exe file and it asks me to dump or encode. I tried both and nothing happened. I never used this software before so I'm not familiar with how to see the script and to actually organize it in something like an excel or word file.  :-\
Can you help?