News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 - Retranslation Project (PSX)  (Read 221344 times)

reiko23

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 7 - Retranslation Project (PSX)
« Reply #380 on: April 08, 2020, 07:47:14 pm »
I've been following this thread for a very long time, glad to see you're still there! :woot!:
Keep up the good work!  :angel:

Heaven Piercing Man

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 09, 2020, 03:31:39 am »
Canon Addendum + Chicago font is the stuff of dreams

albertfaraday

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 11, 2020, 08:36:56 am »
Wow this seems sooo good.

The retranslation is beautiful and i love it. I´m expecting the retranslation + hard mod !!
Does anybody knows how long does it take ? Maybe an estimate date ?

Thank you all and congratulations for this amazing work

trostboot

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 16, 2020, 03:30:28 pm »
Hi all,

I am not dead, in fact I have been working and improving a workflow to insert the new translation into the PSX.

Thanks for the update and for keeping this project alive. With FF7Reboot having turned out to be such a shitshow, it's comforting to know there'll be a definitive PS1 version to play at some point. :)

Heaven Piercing Man

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 16, 2020, 06:05:31 pm »
Let's not start the purist circlejerk.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 17, 2020, 07:03:47 pm »
Let's not start the purist circlejerk.

Heaven Piercing Man's right. If there's anything that makes people upset is the "purist circlejerk" fiasco. I'm sick to death of those.

Jsarrett11

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 18, 2020, 02:57:49 am »
Hey I'm new to this site and I looked but I couldn't find anything on how to get this to work on epsxe for android. Can someone please redirect me to the information or give me the information. I seen something about having to translate files on the blog but the programs looked like for PC only? I know this probably gets asked all the time so sorry if its annoying.I have the game already I just need to know what to do from there

Jsarrett11

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 18, 2020, 11:14:20 am »
Ok so i understand I have to use xdeltaUI to patch the bin files? I opened the translation patch with rar and it says Cd1, Cd2, Cd3, xdelta.exe, xdeltaUI.exe. Can someone tell me what to do from here? Xdelta.ui won't open on my tablet. Does someone know a patcher that works on Android that I can use or how I can do this. Maybe do it on my laptop and then transfer it to the tablet??
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 11:57:50 am by Jsarrett11 »

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 18, 2020, 04:41:59 pm »
Hey I'm new to this site and I looked but I couldn't find anything on how to get this to work on epsxe for android. Can someone please redirect me to the information or give me the information. I seen something about having to translate files on the blog but the programs looked like for PC only? I know this probably gets asked all the time so sorry if its annoying.I have the game already I just need to know what to do from there
ROM Patcher applies nearly everything, you can find it on the play store.

If that doesn't work (no reason why it shouldn't), just hook your device up to the computer and transfer files that way after patching.

Jsarrett11

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 18, 2020, 11:26:51 pm »
I couldn't get the files to transfer so I just downloaded the isos on the laptop along with the patch. I plan on sending it back to the tablet after it's patched and use that and delete the ones on my tablet. Does anyone know if that will affect my save file on the tablet being that it's the same iso just another copy?

Edit: woohoo I got it to work for disc 1! I was at mt.corel during this playthrough when I decided to download the patch and I was worried if have to start over. Turns out as long as I saved in the actual game the patch applies to the save file, but it doesn't work for your quick save files on the emulator, so thank god I saved in-game at every save point also. I knew it was working when I loaded the game and "fury" was changed to anger. This is awesome in excited to play through ththe rest!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 10:28:15 am by Jsarrett11 »

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 19, 2020, 02:38:20 pm »
There is a unused scene on Mt. Corel that could potentially be restored:

https://www.glitterberri.com/final-fantasy-vii/unseen-text/mount-corel/

The text seems harmless and doesn't seem out of place for the characters; possibly meant for relationship points.

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 19, 2020, 02:49:34 pm »
There is a unused scene on Mt. Corel that could potentially be restored:

https://www.glitterberri.com/final-fantasy-vii/unseen-text/mount-corel/

The text seems harmless and doesn't seem out of place for the characters; possibly meant for relationship points.

It is restored if I remember correctly.

Jsarrett11

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 19, 2020, 04:24:21 pm »
When I tried to patch disc 2 or 3 I'm getting an error message of the following

Error : Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

And then under it says it cannot find the file or something. Anyone know how to fix this?

Edit:problem fixed I had to re extract everything

I'll check if the my corel. scene is there when I play in a few as I used the save point by the train tracks so i haven't reached there yet.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 09:00:55 pm by Jsarrett11 »

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 23, 2020, 05:33:56 am »
Yesterday a guy called "Jake Massey" contacted me using the form of my blog, but the email he introduced was invalid so I cannot contact him. If you are reading this, please resend the message with a valid email.

Stories8106

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 24, 2020, 09:30:40 am »
Hi all,

I am not dead, in fact I have been working and improving a workflow to insert the new translation into the PSX. Most of the errors and bugs you reported were caused because I was using old and bad tools, but now I use Cebix Tools which are excellent and the resulting ISOs will work on real hardware.

That being said, I am planning to create new patches which will include some nice and new options, like:

Beacause
   Beacause + Chicago font
   Beacause + Hard Mode
   Beacause + Chicago font + Hard Mode

Beacause Canon Addendum
   Beacause Canon Addendum + Chicago font
   Beacause Canon Addendum + Hard Mode
   Beacause Canon Addendum + Chicago font + Hard Mode

That will imply a lot of work from my side, but I will try my best. It looks like Burnt Lasagna is not active so I will take care of the Canon Addendum from now on. The Chicago font is not an important update, but I really like this font and it's like playing a new game:

Regarding the Hard Mode, I will use this hack from GalenMyra, who is also inactive but the patch is there and I will implement it to offer a new and challenging playing mode.

What do you think?

You sir, are a legend among men.  With the remake recently dropping, myself and others are looking to re-dive into the original game (IMO is better). Knowing that we can get a better translation that sticks with the Squenix Canon has me very excited.  Thank you for the work you are doing and I look forward to when those patches drop.

OliVDB

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 25, 2020, 07:57:15 am »
It is restored if I remember correctly.

Good to know, thanks! I wonder why the devs cut it in the first place... Still,thanks to the entire community for restoring it and working on a retranslation project, I wanted to translate the game into Russian, could I use this retranslated version as a starting point or should I use the original one?

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 25, 2020, 08:23:37 am »
Good to know, thanks! I wonder why the devs cut it in the first place... Still,thanks to the entire community for restoring it and working on a retranslation project, I wanted to translate the game into Russian, could I use this retranslated version as a starting point or should I use the original one?

Ideally you should use the Japanese as a base. If that is not possible, wait for R07 to be out as it includes hundreds and hundreds of improvements in the translation.

Regards

Heaven Piercing Man

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 25, 2020, 07:50:46 pm »
The original is a treasure to be preserved. I see the relationship between it and Remake as the book and the movie, or the manga and the anime. One does not replace the other. And the meta nature of Remake NEEDS the original to exist. I think people were too eager to replace the original game with the remake.

It's like the Evangelion movies playing off the original series. (I could dedicate a whole wall of text to FF7-Evangelion equivalences and similarities but that doesn't belong here)

By the way, has anybody ever wanted to restore the Sephiroth lines right between the final bosses?

Listai

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 26, 2020, 05:16:06 pm »
After bouncing off Remake I can't wait to replay this game for the first time in 15 years with this translation.

I patched my copy with the current release and wasn't able to get it to work on my Vita through Adrenaline and I was about to try it on my SCHP7501 PSOne through the PSIO but I think I'll wait until this new version comes out as these updates look incredible.

thebrokepope

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 30, 2020, 09:10:13 pm »
Hi! I am experiencing a sound error in this patch that I have confirmed is not present in the unpatched file. It occurs during the Jenova FMV in the Nibelheim flashback. It sounds like this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M59DbXm2JxlMaXjay6B-V0Ke2or2LYlx/view?usp=sharing. Basically seems like a crackling sound because a sound effect can not play properly. This is occurring in Mednafen/Liberto Beetle but perhaps I could test in ePSXe if need be. I hope this helps and you can apply a fix.

EDIT: Ignore the visuals in the link if it appears glitchy. That's some problem on Google's end. I am only talking about the sound.