News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: [PSX] Final Fantasy VII - Retranslation Project (R06g)  (Read 313099 times)

cooper774

• View Profile
Re: [PSX] Final Fantasy VII - Retranslation Project (R06g)
« Reply #581 on: July 16, 2021, 05:06:53 am »
Many thanks for the new version!

Phantomlord

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 09, 2021, 04:31:21 pm »
Just encountered a softlock in the first visit to the Forgotten Capital, specifically in the screen with the long white staircase going down to the castle after descending the clownfish stairs - attempting to exit the screen to proceed to the next area (the one with the save point) causes the game to hang when fading to black during the screen transition. I'm playing on real hardware using Redump-verified disc images with a PSIO, and the bug does not occur when playing the unpatched disc image. The game worked perfectly fine with no issues up to this point.

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 10, 2021, 08:34:30 am »
Just encountered a softlock in the first visit to the Forgotten Capital, specifically in the screen with the long white staircase going down to the castle after descending the clownfish stairs - attempting to exit the screen to proceed to the next area (the one with the save point) causes the game to hang when fading to black during the screen transition. I'm playing on real hardware using Redump-verified disc images with a PSIO, and the bug does not occur when playing the unpatched disc image. The game worked perfectly fine with no issues up to this point.

This only happens if you have Cid in your team. It will be fixed in the next release.

Regards.

Kensou

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 20, 2021, 01:08:27 am »
Hi, thanks for the great effort.

I encountered an issue in the Shinra Mansion Basement. Vincent's theme is supposed to carry over to battles, but when entering a battle the music becomes all crazy, like being sped up and with random notes and instruments. The sound effects are fine, after the battle ends, the fanfare will play out fine and the music from the field will resume where it left off.

As I remember Vincent's theme (The nightmare begins) has to be continually playing even in battles. Regardless of how it is, the music screws up when entering battles.

I had forgotten to mention, I'm playing on real hardware.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 01:19:05 am by Kensou »

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #585 on: September 20, 2021, 05:49:44 am »
Hi, thanks for the great effort.

I encountered an issue in the Shinra Mansion Basement. Vincent's theme is supposed to carry over to battles, but when entering a battle the music becomes all crazy, like being sped up and with random notes and instruments. The sound effects are fine, after the battle ends, the fanfare will play out fine and the music from the field will resume where it left off.

As I remember Vincent's theme (The nightmare begins) has to be continually playing even in battles. Regardless of how it is, the music screws up when entering battles.

I had forgotten to mention, I'm playing on real hardware.

Thanks Kensou. It has been reported some months ago, fortunately I know how to fix it. Regards.

Kensou

• View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 20, 2021, 02:02:45 pm »
Thanks. I'll finish this playthrough and am looking forward for the next release. Thanks again for all your effort.

September 21, 2021, 05:01:00 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I found out another small glitch. The textures of the bridges on the Wutai continent go on and off depending on the camera angle. I thought it might have been a bad burn or my console acting up, but with another disc burn in another console it still happens. I also verified it on the original discs and this does not happen.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 05:01:00 pm by Kensou »

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 21, 2021, 05:16:54 pm »
Thanks. I'll finish this playthrough and am looking forward for the next release. Thanks again for all your effort.

September 21, 2021, 05:01:00 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I found out another small glitch. The textures of the bridges on the Wutai continent go on and off depending on the camera angle. I thought it might have been a bad burn or my console acting up, but with another disc burn in another console it still happens. I also verified it on the original discs and this does not happen.

Yes someone told me about that, I know how to fix it. Regards.