[PSX] Final Fantasy VII - Retranslation Project (R06g)

Started by Green_goblin, May 10, 2015, 05:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLPB

Flower girl isn't canon... it's a description from a faulty translation.

CasualChris

Ditto; I see absolutely no issue with "Flower Seller".

FlamePurge

to me, "flower girl" was always evocative of a wedding rather than a girl selling flowers
Check out and discuss my projects

Rodimus Primal

Quote from: vivify93 on January 13, 2021, 01:31:15 PM
to me, "flower girl" was always evocative of a wedding rather than a girl selling flowers

True, and it's correct to call her a flower seller. It's insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but my daughter's name is Aerith so her being a flower girl was something I had hoped remained. Oh well.

Kensou

Hello everyone, and thank you green_goblin for updating the translation. I play it on original hardware and have come up with an issue. I use the Share materia option a lot since it lets me swap materia sets between characters, and I like to select the whole row of either the materia equipped on the weapon or the armor. Whenever I do that with the materia equipped in the armor, the game freezes. This does not happen if I swap materia selecting it from a character's weapon.

This happens on both Beacause and Because Canon addendum. I have not tried either the chicago font or hard type variations.

wakkoswami

Quote from: Kensou on January 14, 2021, 12:37:23 AM
Hello everyone, and thank you green_goblin for updating the translation. I play it on original hardware and have come up with an issue. I use the Share materia option a lot since it lets me swap materia sets between characters, and I like to select the whole row of either the materia equipped on the weapon or the armor. Whenever I do that with the materia equipped in the armor, the game freezes. This does not happen if I swap materia selecting it from a character's weapon.

This happens on both Beacause and Because Canon addendum. I have not tried either the chicago font or hard type variations.

Just tried this on Beetle PSX and it freezes the game on there too.

Green_goblin

Quote from: Kensou on January 14, 2021, 12:37:23 AM

Quote from: wakkoswami on January 14, 2021, 01:37:12 AM
Just tried this on Beetle PSX and it freezes the game on there too.

Ok thanks, I'll investigate.

Regards

CasualChris

Something that I forgot to mention last page: I have no idea whether it was a glitch or just me playing extremely poorly (or both), but because the text boxes during the marching sequence in Junon have been removed, I couldn't for the life of me manage a score above the initial 20% no matter what rhythm I pressed Circle in. Feel free to inform me on what I was potentially doing wrong.

Green_goblin

Quote from: CasualChris on January 14, 2021, 09:21:08 AM
Something that I forgot to mention last page: I have no idea whether it was a glitch or just me playing extremely poorly (or both), but because the text boxes during the marching sequence in Junon have been removed, I couldn't for the life of me manage a score above the initial 20% no matter what rhythm I pressed Circle in. Feel free to inform me on what I was potentially doing wrong.

DLPB fixed that part severely. Now you need to be super accurate to get the best result, and that means:

-Touching other soldiers is not allowed
-You need to quickly place yourself at the right spot
-Your steps must be synchronized with the other soldiers steps
-The rifle movements must be synchronized with the other soldiers as well

Currently thinking about relaxing it a little bit as many people complained about the difficulty.

CasualChris

Quote from: Green_goblin on January 14, 2021, 09:26:38 AM
DLPB fixed that part severely. Now you need to be super accurate to get the best result, and that means:

-Touching other soldiers is not allowed
-You need to quickly place yourself at the right spot
-Your steps must be synchronized with the other soldiers steps
-The rifle movements must be synchronized with the other soldiers as well

Currently thinking about relaxing it a little bit as many people complained about the difficulty.

Geez. I guess that explains why it took me around forty tries (yes, I did count) before I could even make it into the formation. I would definitely appreciate any sort of difficulty reduction there (or better yet, exactly the same as the original), as I already disliked that part in vanilla FFVII, and I'm sure that I'm not alone there.

Kensou

pating

Quote from: CasualChris on January 14, 2021, 10:20:06 AM
Geez. I guess that explains why it took me around forty tries (yes, I did count) before I could even make it into the formation. I would definitely appreciate any sort of difficulty reduction there (or better yet, exactly the same as the original), as I already disliked that part in vanilla FFVII, and I'm sure that I'm not alone there.

From what I remember I manage to get through to this by having a turbo controller and rapidly pressing the circle button while marching  8)

But if this patch/mod made it more difficult I guess it is worth to try

Rodimus Primal

Quote from: CasualChris on January 14, 2021, 10:20:06 AM

Yeah that part was always a challenge to me no matter what. I would much rather prefer the original as it was too.

wakkoswami

Quote from: Rodimus Primal on January 14, 2021, 06:05:15 PM
Yeah that part was always a challenge to me no matter what. I would much rather prefer the original as it was too.

I agree with this as well. It took me about a dozen tries to get through it rather than 40 but I have no idea what I did correctly compared to the earlier tries. It was better when it was "broken" imo and you could just sloppily run into the formation and spam O to improve your score.

chrome99001

Just patched R06g and run it on epsxe on android. Works great and can run my old saves. But I noticed one minor issue in the inventory. The item names of many items ('Starlight Megaphone' for one) would overflow towards the item quantity.

SunGodPortal

Quote from: Green_goblin on February 01, 2021, 06:23:18 AMWell it's been a month and not so many complaints so I guess it's time to update main page.

Awesome. I've been holding off playing FF7 again just because I was waiting for an update on this particular project. Can't wait to burn this and fire it up my PS2 on the CRT (via component!).
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

Kensou

Quote from: Green_goblin on February 01, 2021, 06:23:18 AM
Well it's been a month and not so many complaints so I guess it's time to update main page.

Does this mean the materia share issue is solved? I'm holding off this year's playthrough (yeah I usually play FF7 once a year) for this awesome translation.

BlazeHeatnix

The Remake throws a wrench into this because I'm wanting the version with the canon terminology gets updated to reflect the "new" canon.