News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: [PSX] Final Fantasy VII - Retranslation Project (R06g)  (Read 344147 times)

Green_goblin

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 7 - Retranslation Project (PSX)
« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2016, 03:02:14 pm »
Hey GreenGoblin, did you ever run "fixup" from the FF7 tool-chain on the finished ISOs?
https://github.com/cebix/ff7toolsIt sounds like it should fix the issue with crashing.
I tried to run it myself but it depends on PSXImager to run, which is Linux only (I tried also running it on a Linux Mint VM but it keeps complaining about not finding PSXInject despite a compiled binary being in the folder).

I don't have Linux so I cannot use that tool.

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 26, 2016, 03:20:41 pm »
...Anyone who runs Linux mind running "fixup" on the ISOs? A compiled binary for PSXImager on Linux Mint can be found here (this should run fine with all Ubuntu based Distros). 
https://github.com/aybe/psximager/releases

March 02, 2016, 05:50:39 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Well, I finally got "fixup" to run on Linux Mint. I had to add a "./" in front of psxinject in "fixup".
However, it chokes up during the procedure with this error.
Code: [Select]
Patching 'FIELD/FIELD.BIN'...
CRC check failed 0xb3fab5c5 != 0xc41b80a3L
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:50:39 pm by Burnt Lasagna »

Phantasia Knights

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 28, 2016, 10:40:20 pm »
I'm loving every bit of the detail that went into this.  A long time ago, a friend of mine was going to re-translate FF7, but passed away before he could do so.  It's like the culmination of a dream, and I thank you dearly for it.

That said, on the PSP the game keeps freezing when entering Junon for the first time.  The music keeps playing over a black background, and thus the game is literally unplayable at the moment.  Anyone have any ideas?  It also occasionally plays the error sound on its own.

Also as a throwaway, there is an instance of "Soldier" erroneously capitalized during the instance where Tifa finds her father in the Niblheim Reactor.  Thanks in advance for any help offered on the above issue.

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2016, 08:32:14 am »
Burnt_Lasagna and I will try to fix the PSP error, hopefully he knows better than me how to fix the bug.

Regards

DLPB

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2016, 09:08:15 am »
#xy 64 8
{TIFA}
“Sephiroth,Soldier,
  Mako reactors,Shin-Ra…
  All of them!”

<

No capitalization problem in my files (or R04c).

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2016, 10:54:58 am »
Burnt_Lasagna and I will try to fix the PSP error, hopefully he knows better than me how to fix the bug.

Regards
I just got your PM with the files.
I'll try and see if I can fix the bug. I have some ideas.

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2016, 10:57:05 am »
I just got your PM with the files.
I'll try and see if I can fix the bug. I have some ideas.

If you have questions about how to use Cebix tools, read carefully the Readme.txt or ask the creator of the tools, Chirstian Bauer: cb@cebix.net

Regards

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 29, 2016, 11:07:58 am »
I know how to use Cebix's tools. I got a Linux Mint VM running and it's correctly running Fixup and PSXBuild. Though thanks for the info.

@Phantasia Knights
Could you provide a save near Junon? Your PSP save will work.

Phantasia Knights

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 29, 2016, 01:13:43 pm »
Interesting, I wonder if the patch application glitched somehow if I had that one instance of capitalized text and no-one else did...  Since it is using the US version as a base, that would make sense...

Regardless, here's the save file.  *deleted*  Thanks for the amazingly fast replies.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 03:19:24 am by Phantasia Knights »

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 29, 2016, 08:44:10 pm »
I see your third save is in the Junon Airport. When you say "entering Junon for the first time" do you mean walking out into Junon (Right) from this save? I ask this because I'm not getting any crashing with ePSXe, with nothing done to the ISO outside the base patching.

EDIT: Also, If your referring to first entering Under Junon (which your 4th save is just about to do) there is also no crashing. This is also the case with mednafen with an ECCRegan cleaning.
I'm I missing something?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:04:41 pm by Burnt Lasagna »

Phantasia Knights

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 30, 2016, 03:18:48 am »
EDIT: Nevermind, i'm tired and didn't read that properly.  Yeah it's the fourth one just about to enter Junon from near Fort Condor.  If it's not crashing on your end, does that mean it's a problem of CFW, or maybe it's the way I made the ISO...?  Crap, that's gonna be a pain to figure out.

Also if it'd prove i'm not just jerking chains, I can upload a short gameplay video of the freeze in action.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 03:25:07 am by Phantasia Knights »

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 30, 2016, 10:39:49 am »
EDIT: Nevermind, i'm tired and didn't read that properly.  Yeah it's the fourth one just about to enter Junon from near Fort Condor.  If it's not crashing on your end, does that mean it's a problem of CFW, or maybe it's the way I made the ISO...?  Crap, that's gonna be a pain to figure out.
Try running ECCRegen on the ISOs
http://web.tiscalinet.it/eccregen/download/eccr141.zip
Make sure secure mode is turned on in the settings and "Fix mode 2 form 2 sectors".  Regenerate all found bad sectors (there should be a "select all" option when you right click).
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 10:59:53 am by Burnt Lasagna »

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 30, 2016, 04:41:46 pm »
I wonder, does this hack works perfectly on the ePSXe emulator?

Phantasia Knights

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 30, 2016, 11:05:53 pm »
Try running ECCRegen on the ISOs
http://web.tiscalinet.it/eccregen/download/eccr141.zip
Make sure secure mode is turned on in the settings and "Fix mode 2 form 2 sectors".  Regenerate all found bad sectors (there should be a "select all" option when you right click).
No errors reported...  I think i'm near about the end in possibilities.  I checked my firmware version and everything, it just seems impossible on my setup. 

EDIT: I also just now used the same ISOs I used for the retranslation to make an unpatched PSP image and THAT version doesn't freeze in Junon, further proof it's not the ISOs in this case.  Hmm...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 11:47:26 pm by Phantasia Knights »

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 31, 2016, 12:09:49 am »
No errors reported...  I think i'm near about the end in possibilities.  I checked my firmware version and everything, it just seems impossible on my setup. 
Did you run it on the patched ISOs?
I only ask this because not getting any errors is not normal for this patch.

Phantasia Knights

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 31, 2016, 01:20:41 am »
I went ahead and repatched the games and scanned them.  It did fix a bunch of errors, but now for some reason when I try to run a new compiled Eboot it hard freezes the whole system.  Just this one game too, as I have several fan translations on it.  I REALLY don't get it...  I may just have to wait for the next patch.

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #218 on: March 31, 2016, 10:10:10 am »
PSP locking in specific places = code errors or data alignment gone to hell. That is a bad thing because it means the hack isn't even compatible with actual consoles, including the PS2. Also not sure why the patch doesn't come with ECC/EDC regenerated out of the box.
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

Panzer88

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 31, 2016, 12:15:16 pm »
I thought someone had it running on a ps1 earlier in the thread, I'll have to test it later myself
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client