News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Clock Tower: The First Fear (PSX) English patch released!  (Read 8463 times)

arcraith

• View Profile
Clock Tower: The First Fear (PSX) English patch released!
« on: May 09, 2015, 03:03:12 am »
Hi people,

The English patch for the PSX version of Clock Tower: The First Fear has been released:

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2337/

I welcome suggestions about anything at all, and if anyone tries it out, please tell me how it goes!
Please report back here if there are any problems with applying the patch. The patch is in XDELTA format, and is based on a .cue/.bin rip.
In most cases the patch will truncate the image.

We're also working on Spanish and French translations, which should be released very soon.

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
Re: Clock Tower: The First Fear (PSX) English patch released!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 06:25:20 pm »
Thanks so much! This version is sooooo much better than the snes version! Does it support psx mouse? I forget.

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 08:50:55 pm »
I've played it myself and have a shining review up there for it. Hope it encourages more people to play the game; The First Fear is definitely the definitive version of the original Clock Tower. :)
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

arcraith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 08:38:18 am »
@vivify93: Thanks so much for the review!! It certainly shone. I love the first Clock Tower game, and I knew I had to do something to continue its legacy, so to speak.

@Piotyr: Yes, this version supports the PSX mouse! I've never actually used one though, so if you do try it out with one, please tell me how it goes!

jobless_floppy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 08:49:44 pm »
Congrats on the release, I know I'll be playing it soon  :)

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 10:35:48 am »
Just want to say, thanks for this patch! Been wanting to play this version for a while now and I'm glad that it's finally a possibility.
Also, I'm digging the new translation, it's a noticeable improvement over the SNES one.
Them words read well!

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 07:35:10 pm »
Here are the controls for playing Clock Tower: The First Fear with the PSone mouse.

Left Click: Interact with environment, direct Jennifer's movement, speed up text display
Double Left Click: Run (Consumes adrenaline)
Right Click: Cancel movement, panic button

Mouse over the black part of the screen to get into the inventory. This also pauses the game.

Edit - Forgot to mention, I tested this on Type A controls. I'm not sure if Type B controls are different on the mouse.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 05:12:09 am by vivify93 »
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

TimeCop

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 12:48:17 am »
Does it work on real hardware?

Are the loading times for the game bad? I remember a lot of SNES to PS1 ports got super long loading times.

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 07:16:38 pm »
Does it work on real hardware?

Are the loading times for the game bad? I remember a lot of SNES to PS1 ports got super long loading times.
I believe the patch does work on real hardware, though don't quote me on that (it runs on the more accurate PS1 emulators for sure).
As for the load times, their good. The title menu takes a while to load (for whatever reason) but the game itself plays very quick.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 08:06:43 pm »
Post erased.

Oops. Posted in the wrong thread. Sorry.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

FeRcHuLeS

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 09:02:42 pm »
Thanks for this amazing translation I always wanted to play this fully translated, now you've done this work, how about making a translation for: Silent Hill Play Novel (GBA) or Twilight Syndrome (NDS) or Mitewa Ikenai (NDS) or Nanashi no game me (NDS)?, I want to play the aforementioned so I'm learning Japanese on my own (It's a hard work but I'll do it). and maybe we could work together in the future.

arcraith

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 08:41:05 am »
Thanks guys for all the comments! It's good to see people enjoying it.

Thanks for this amazing translation I always wanted to play this fully translated, now you've done this work, how about making a translation for: Silent Hill Play Novel (GBA) or Twilight Syndrome (NDS) or Mitewa Ikenai (NDS) or Nanashi no game me (NDS)?, I want to play the aforementioned so I'm learning Japanese on my own (It's a hard work but I'll do it). and maybe we could work together in the future.

I must admit I haven't actually played any of those :P
I'd love to do another translation project once I get some free time. I'll see if I can get a chance to look them up sometime. Good luck with learning Japanese!

FeRcHuLeS

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2015, 12:22:42 am »
Hey can I ask you something? I can't get an A or S ENDING I made as several walkthroughs said but I always get the B ENDING, Do you think I making a mistake or maybe is the patch making this? so could you check it please and ┬┐Do you mind telling me the main events to get the A ENDING by PM so we can avoid spoilers? please.

arcraith

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2015, 01:45:57 am »
@FeRcHuLeS: I'll PM you.

arcraith

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 05:02:42 am »
Hey guys,

The English patch has been updated to v1.1, which translates the memory card block label:
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2337/

For those who are interested, we've also released a French version which can be downloaded here:
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2374/

Spanish and Hungarian patches are also on their way. I've started another thread for these along with the French version.

Enjoy! And as always, feedback is welcomed!