News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Open call for bugs.  (Read 6879 times)

VicVergil

• View Profile
Re: Open call for bugs.
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2015, 10:13:16 pm »
Holy Umbrella has text overflowing in the part where the girl's father talks about the villain's backstory.
The overflowing letters just stick in the screen afterwards, and no amount of screen changing ever removes the offending characters. They're persistent, you could say.

Snoopy Concert has lots of texts where the cursor icon overlaps with the text.

Wanted to add Milon no Daiboken's latest patch breaking one of the bonus rooms (causing a crash) but realized that's not AG :P

Sylvan Tale had some text for scrapped storylines from what the translator said, and I remember they wanted to share that but never got around doing it. Do you still have it around?

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2015, 10:37:45 pm »
I'm going to need you to be a bit more specific than that, I'm afraid :/ Do you have screenshots?

VicVergil

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2015, 01:22:31 pm »
Here it is in action.

Text (pretty big story spoiler btw) has a glitched line break control code.
Spoiler:
And Kern...!ยง
No, Emperor Dondera/
Must be defeated!!

Snoopy Concert has lots of these. Seems like the bird's position was unchanged from the Japanese version. Dunno if that could be called a bug even, it's flawless otherwise.

Spoiler:

mziab

• View Profile
    • mteam
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2015, 04:00:51 pm »
I've just noticed a cosmetic glitch in Live-A-Live. After exiting the equipment menu, some tiles are not cleared (see the lower left corner).

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2015, 10:19:46 pm »
new version of rudra out!

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2015, 09:36:13 pm »
I keep meaning to ask...

When these patches get updated are you planning to release them as they come and announce each on the Aeon Genesis site as with Rudra or are you planning to release a bunch of updates all at once?

Also, thanks for all of the work you've done. I'm still waiting quite patiently for Ladystalker, SMT If... and Sugoro Quest (this looks like such a cool game and I'm desperate to play one of these SNES RPG board games and actually know what the fuck is going on!). I wish that I could help but I don't know enough Japanese to be useful as a translater and my hacking skills are pretty limited.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2015, 10:02:26 pm »
When these patches get updated are you planning to release them as they come and announce each on the Aeon Genesis site as with Rudra or are you planning to release a bunch of updates all at once?

No sense in waiting. For simpler issues, the patches will get released individually as things get fixed. The lack of frequent front-page updates lends a sense of inaction to the site, despite the fact that my stuff gets worked on fairly often; occasional bug fix releases will, at least for a time, hopefully dispel some of that.

I actually have someone playing Rudra right now and compiling a deeper list of issues. I'll probably release another update in a month or two.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2015, 02:12:43 pm »
I've only played this on a real console so I don't know if it does it anywhere else, but there were a few glitches in the character creation screen in Dark Law: Meaning of Death. Just over the head of the character on the left (where all four chars are standing before you edit them) there are a few white pixels that look like they don't belong there. Also, after a character or two has been created and you are selecting another character to edit, the green bars for life and whatnot at the bottom of the screen will flicker.

EDIT: I forgot to mention (and this is important), it doesn't do this every time. I've started this game over 3-4 times and the last time it happened I decided to mention it here because I remembered it happening before. If I can remember, later on I'll try to see if I can get it to reproduce in an emulator so I can provide some screenshots or something.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:38:59 pm by SunGodPortal »
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Maeson

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2015, 04:18:17 am »
Hey, i've been playing Treasure of Rudras 2.1, and i've seen a couple of text typos:

I was playing on Retroarch Wii, so savestates wouldn't be very useful, but I made screenshots:

Very minor things, though.
I'm off for some time. If for some weird, strange, and important reason, you need to talk to me, just send me a PM and probably I'll read it whenever I come back.