News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Help with Super Mario Advance 4 - All 38 e-Reader Levels  (Read 3393 times)

drawkcabtrebor

• View Profile
Help with Super Mario Advance 4 - All 38 e-Reader Levels
« on: January 30, 2016, 08:25:37 am »
I can't figure out how to apply this patch.  I normally use LUNAR IPS, but I can't figure it out with this.  I tried xdeltaUI, but I'm not exactly sure if I'm doing it correctly.  If anyone can give me advice or instruction, it would be appreciated. 

clarkyk85

• View Profile
Re: Help with Super Mario Advance 4 - All 38 e-Reader Levels
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 01:08:24 am »
It should be no harder than applying the patch to a typical rom. You are using a USA region rom right?

drawkcabtrebor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 06:09:59 pm »
Sorry for the question.  Turns out it worked fine.  For some reason the two emulators I tried didn't work for for me.  Kept saying corrupt file, so I assumed I patched wrong. 

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 08:22:41 am »
You might want to make sure you are using the correct dump (the US 1.1 dump), which will be hard because one of the best ROM Dump Listing (not download) services is... Not functional. So far I read Trashman's dump is 1.1.

You should first patch the ROM to convert to its eShop counterpart, then you use the E-Reader levels patch.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 10:10:46 am »
Sorry for the question.  Turns out it worked fine.  For some reason the two emulators I tried didn't work for for me.  Kept saying corrupt file, so I assumed I patched wrong.
The corrupt save file is probably due to the emulator not detecting the correct save type.
It should be 128k I think.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 01:03:10 pm »
The corrupt save file is probably due to the emulator not detecting the correct save type.
It should be 128k I think.
About that... I think it shows "Corrupt Save File" screen the first time you start SMA4, because there is no Save File. Then it makes one.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 02:03:42 pm »
About that... I think it shows "Corrupt Save File" screen the first time you start SMA4, because there is no Save File. Then it makes one.
Nope, the message that appears when you first boot it is.

"Formatting save data..."
Or something similar.

The corruption occurs when something is not right with the save type or something else. :P

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 04:26:03 am »
Nope, the message that appears when you first boot it is.

"Formatting save data..."
Or something similar.

The corruption occurs when something is not right with the save type or something else. :P

Odd... With me it first showed a battery data corrupted message or something and then went to the formating one. But after that, it never found a corrupted data again.