I thought I'd come back to elaborate on the missing link.
Mega restructured their website last year or early this year (not sure exactly when), and every single one of their old links all went dead simultaneously. All of my files are still intact, but they now have new links instead.
Dragon Quest I & II RPGOne Beran Inn Bugfix can now be downloaded here
instead. Just like before, it should be applied to the original Japanese ROM.
This patch will never
be hosted on ROMHacking.net. The anti-plagiarism policies here are actively working against my efforts to reduce inconveniences for users. I took a long exile from making posts here because of it, and only now decided to come back because someone complained that the patch was taken down. Despite this, I still stand by my policy even now.
I did send a private message to mziab giving him full rights to host the patch... but he seems to have not done so. I will respect his choice and not bother him about it again.
If hosting this patch requires users to take the following steps:
- Add a copier header to the original Japanese ROM. (hard)
- Apply RPGOne's translation. (easy)
- Remove the copier header. (hard)
- Apply mteam's Title Screen fix. (easy)
- Apply hex_usr's Beran Inn bugfix. (easy)
...then I'm not willing to comply. I have nothing against anti-plagiarism in general, but in this specific case, it is a convenience problem. Copier headers cause so many problems while solving 0 problems. If the original RPGOne translation is re-hosted without a copier header requirement, then I might be willing to reconsider because it would only be 3 easy steps instead of 5 harder steps. But that will never happen, because RPGOne no longer exists and would be incapable of giving permission. So we're at a standstill.