News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Final Fantasy Reconstructed  (Read 95452 times)

Jonesy47

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Reconstructed
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2015, 10:59:30 pm »
Welp, this is awesome!
Somehow Ive missed this for a while but yeah, now i know and Im hyped.
Looks good, dude!

Duke2go

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2015, 11:45:19 pm »
This.  Is.  Epic. 

I love it!!

Off topic: Are you planning on doing a new game with these awesome graphics?  If not you REALLY should.  :)

Thank you once again. A few days ago I thought about doing an almost "prequel", kind of a Final Fantasy -1 that would take place 2000 years prior. It would require a completely new script and a lot of changes, but it would be pretty cool to try to tell the story of the first warriors to originally seal Chaos away, and also to add some depth to the story that I'm creating. I find myself beta testing and I'll just stop and stare at the screen because I am just so taken aback by what I've created and how pretty it is. I wish I could distribute it for mobile gaming, but that would probably get Square on my ass, although it would be cool if they were to offer me a bunch of money to use my re-imagining. Oh well. Well, a little over 2 weeks and the beta should be ready for release to the few people that I've discussed it with.
Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence...

http://www.ffreconstructed.com/
https://www.facebook.com/DevilHunterMiyumi/

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2015, 12:00:36 am »
Well your reimagining beats there's by a ton (Have you fellows Seen what they're doing to FFI? It's a bit gross, FFI should not be a flashy technologically culture game, it's not FFVII/VIII/XIII Don't turn it into that Square Enix!)

If I were to ever make an FFI hack I would just have it be "Warrior of Light". A game where you play as what has become the titular main character of FFI (Fellow who looks an awful lot like Erdrick's Descendant from DW1) alone. Just something simple like that. I always somewhat suspected that he was one of the original sealers of Chaos (or was somehow a younger version of Garland himself)

Honestly though I'd wait on the prequel, you can set up a good foundation for your story, snippets here and there hinting to the larger story you plan to tell in your prequel.

All in all I love what you've done to Cardia, it looks like an actual country rather than some holes in the ground. Your locations for the two dungeons also look Spot on!

JCE3000GT

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2015, 12:48:06 am »
Thank you once again. A few days ago I thought about doing an almost "prequel", kind of a Final Fantasy -1 that would take place 2000 years prior. It would require a completely new script and a lot of changes, but it would be pretty cool to try to tell the story of the first warriors to originally seal Chaos away, and also to add some depth to the story that I'm creating. I find myself beta testing and I'll just stop and stare at the screen because I am just so taken aback by what I've created and how pretty it is. I wish I could distribute it for mobile gaming, but that would probably get Square on my ass, although it would be cool if they were to offer me a bunch of money to use my re-imagining. Oh well. Well, a little over 2 weeks and the beta should be ready for release to the few people that I've discussed it with.

That sounds like a good idea.  If you needed someone to draw some maps on that project let me know.  :D

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2015, 01:09:18 am »
Hi there--so I really like what you've done with the sprite editting a lot, and as a huge fan of the "Frank Fnatasy" (sp?) hack, I'm very curious about this hack.

One question, and apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but are you doing any non-graphic hacking of the original?  Like, tweaking the gameplay balance or writing?

Duke2go

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2015, 01:43:56 am »
Hi there--so I really like what you've done with the sprite editting a lot, and as a huge fan of the "Frank Fnatasy" (sp?) hack, I'm very curious about this hack.

One question, and apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but are you doing any non-graphic hacking of the original?  Like, tweaking the gameplay balance or writing?

Answering the newcomer first so hopefully he'll continue to follow the thread. Yes, ideally I want to change the soundtrack for the final release and the script has been slightly altered here and there to make more sense. I'm seriously probably going to scrap the "2000 years in the past" thing for the final level because it doesn't make sense any more. And I never played Frank Fantasy or however its spelled. I was originally inspired to go this far with the graphics because of Grond's games, his Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy ++. Check out the Facebook page on the first page of this thread and you'll be able to see more screenshots and updates. Thanks for the interest and the kind words.

That sounds like a good idea.  If you needed someone to draw some maps on that project let me know.  :D

If I decide to go ahead with that project sometime after this one is completed, I certainly will let you know and would love to collaborate.

Well your reimagining beats there's by a ton (Have you fellows Seen what they're doing to FFI? It's a bit gross, FFI should not be a flashy technologically culture game, it's not FFVII/VIII/XIII Don't turn it into that Square Enix!)

If I were to ever make an FFI hack I would just have it be "Warrior of Light". A game where you play as what has become the titular main character of FFI (Fellow who looks an awful lot like Erdrick's Descendant from DW1) alone. Just something simple like that. I always somewhat suspected that he was one of the original sealers of Chaos (or was somehow a younger version of Garland himself)

Honestly though I'd wait on the prequel, you can set up a good foundation for your story, snippets here and there hinting to the larger story you plan to tell in your prequel.

All in all I love what you've done to Cardia, it looks like an actual country rather than some holes in the ground. Your locations for the two dungeons also look Spot on!

Thank you. I really took time to create the dragon's head in the ocean and the look of the two additional dungeon entrances. I wanted to do something different with the only way to get to the Chaos shrine be by boat because by the time you can get there, you're really not using the ship any more. I know I already mentioned that to you in PM, but I wanted everyone else to understand that nuance. But, even though you can visit both locations before the 4 crystals are restored, you can't GET IN until that point. This essentially gave me a place to put all of the "final armor and weapons" that would keep the player from going there at any point before going to the alternate Temple. I REALLY LIKE the fact that I can keep the locked door aspect in the Present Temple and Coneria Castle. I'm really thinking of sacrificing one more inter-level teleport to keep the treasure room in the Northwest Castle too. Although I've changed it, there was one more "useless" changeover in the Ice Cave that I could probably re-point for that one. I'll just have to put my Frost staff somewhere in B3. Glad y'all are liking the updates. What is Square doing with FFI? I hadn't heard anything new.
Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence...

Bobolicious81

• Keeper of the Taco Sandwich
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2015, 01:55:07 am »
Lookin snazzy. I imagine this is what it might have looked like if the Squaresoft of yore had buckled down and put their whole asses into one last FF in the waning years of the Famicom, instead of scrapping their 8-bit FFIV in favor of the shiny new Super Famicom.
I especially like the dragonesque Cardia map.

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2015, 02:27:51 am »
What is Square doing with FFI? I hadn't heard anything new.

It's called FF:Mobius.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Mobius_Final_Fantasy

I guess we'll see what it amounts to, but I'm not holding much hope for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLJQMjIcE0Q

For reference the girl in the crystal is Sarah Cornelia (I guess an analogue of Princess Sarah) the heavily armored fellow is Garland. And apparently it deals something with the Palamecia Empire from FFII.

Who knows? I could be pleasantly wrong, but the look of it does seem... off.

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2015, 02:55:40 am »
Have you done any editing to the in-game World Map to reflect the changes you're making to the world?

You know, you know, "TCELES B HSUP."

Just checking.

Gooch would approve something like this I think, it's most extensively making it into a better experience overall. FF:RC is my next gaming thing I blieve.
Yamero~~!

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2015, 06:34:12 pm »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 09:49:53 am by Chpexo »

JCE3000GT

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2015, 11:11:02 pm »
I can certainty take whack at this when I have time. I have an spc (SNES music file) laying around that was supposed to be the final boss theme for another hack, how it being converted to 8-bit?

A download link to it:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/82a76vg7q8mbgdj/Final+Boss.spc

May 16, 2015, 10:57:34 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Well I'm done the song. I tried my best to it in the games style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esh8JCvU1nc

Wow that sounds great!  How was it done?

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2015, 11:14:36 pm »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 09:49:35 am by Chpexo »

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2015, 11:51:44 pm »
Take my input with a grain of salt, as I'm not a musician, but I do have very high (and often unreasonable) standards in music.  And please note I am not trying to be mean or anything, but am trying to give honest and helpful feedback.  Please do not let me discourage you:

Your proposed theme for Chaos isn't half bad, but I do have some input for how it could be improved.

1) Pick up the tempo.  This is battle music, it should be fast paced and trying to get you pumped.  Upping the tempo is a cheap and easy way to accomplish that.  Another cheap and easy way to do this is to just double the speed of the bassline without actually changing the tempo.  The bass playing more notes in rapid succession gives the illusion that the song is moving faster than it really is  (example of this below)

2) FF1's music engine doesn't support a noise channel.  Sucks, but unless you can write it into the engine, you'll have to do without it and work with just the squares+tri.

3) The melody at 0:32 -- and especially after it's expanded at 0:39 -- is nice and catchy enough, but is stylistically misleading.  This is supposedly the epic boss fight, yet when I hear that melody is seems more like a frolic through a sunny pasture.  Again, it's not bad, it just doesn't fit with the mood you have to set.

4)  The melody comes to a complete halt at 0:46 and you basically are left with dead air until 0:49 (with nothing but the bassline keeping the beat).  I get why you did it -- you had to wait for the measures to be right -- and in another kind of song it could be passable, but for battle music it simply can't fly.  And especially for the final boss.  A trick you can do here is rather than have the melody finish and then wait for the measures to line up -- you can have the melody run into the measure for the loop and have them play over each other.

Examples of #1 and #4 can be found in the ever popular Wily 1 stage music from Megaman 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4VtxWRfPOk

Regarding point #1:  Notice how the bass is really just playing the same note over and over -- but because it plays lots of really short notes, it gives the illusion that the music is fast-paced (even if it isn't really), and therefore gets you really pumped up.

Regarding point #4:  You can hear the classic and famous hook to this song at 0:07 to 0:10.  It repeats every couple of measures.  In the timeframe between those measures, the game slips in different melodies.  Sometimes, though, the melodies run a little long and end up playing simultaneously over the hook.  Notably... at around 0:38, it finishes up the melody just in time for the hook... but the next melody doesn't quite make it (around 0:49) so the two overlap each other.

You could do something like this in your song.  Rather than having the melody stop to wait for the loop to line up, you can just have the loop start a little early and have your ending melody run long and play over it.

EDIT:

And since I feel like rambling some more about music theory, and because I'm interested in this project... here's some more blabbing.

One of the best retro-style boss theme songs I can think of is from Cave Story:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdAzVhCof_4

Now granted this is a cheat because this is not an NES game and it literally had no limitations on what it could do.  But that doesn't mean we can't learn from it.  In fact, it highlights a lot of key things that make for good boss music:

- Point #1 from above:  Bassline has a lot of really short notes to make the song seem fast paced.  Though this song goes further and does it with harmony tracks, too.  Particularly with the support at 0:31.

- It builds up like a mofo.  In fact that is what I like most about this song.
At 0:01, It starts out low key, establishes a rhythm for later in the song.  You might think the first 10 seconds here are nothing to write home about and and just an introductory bassline like what you hear in the first few seconds of the FF fight theme... but they're not.  More on this below.

at 0:11 it switches to what I guess you could call the main melody (if this song has one).  And while this melody is not really a hook, it sets the mood reasonably well, while keeping it low key and suspenseful.

At 0:26 - 0:31 it has a really clever segue... I almost want to say it's a bridge, but it's sort of like a bridge to the bridge.  It's just a short few seconds but in that time it does a tremendous amount of build-up.  Strangely (or geniusly?) it does this not by raising the pitch of the melody or even the bass, but by raising the pitch of the supporting harmony and keeping everything else the same.  Really listen to the 'buzzy' instrument that's kind of in the background of those 5 seconds (particularly at the end).  What it's doing isn't even really that complex... or even interesting on its own.  But its role in the music is key -- it is responsible for the entire shift in tone of the song.

After that, at 0:31 we have the proper bridge, which does even more buildup.  The bleepy-bloopy harmony that plays does a great job at setting up suspense, by actually having a descending chord progression.  But again, while that focused and in-your face bleepy-bloopy harmony is actually dropping in pitch... listen again to the downplayed 'buzz' harmony.  It's doing its thing again here, playing a very simple tune that rises in pitch while everything else is dropping -- again changing the entire tone for the song.

While finally reaching the climax at 0:54.  And get this... for as awesome and epic as this climax is... it is just 3 notes.  What makes it great is not only does it mix the decreasing melody with an increasing support (the bass, this time), but it reprises the rhythm from the intro of the song.  This is brilliant not only because it contrasts with the melody so well, but also because it leads to a seamless loop transition -- the melody can simply stop, the bass can keep playing what it was, and the song has looped.

This song is brilliant, and is one of my all-time favorite retro-style boss themes.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 12:30:35 am by Disch »

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2015, 12:59:59 am »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 09:49:19 am by Chpexo »

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2015, 01:08:50 am »
Here's an improved song:

Much better.  That is a big improvement, IMO.  Great work.   :thumbsup:

I feel is is very kind when you say something along the lines "I don't like this but here's how you can improve it". It shows you like the song enough and know what you're talking about!

I'm kind of a big-mouthed, opinionated critic.  People who know me on IRC know that I frequently rant and complain about pretty much everything in the commercial world.

But for indie groups like us where we're all just doing this out of love and are trying our best to make something meaningful -- I try really hard to be more productive.  I'm glad that came across and I didn't just sound like a loud-mouth jerk.

As for "knowing what I'm talking about", that's questionable.   ;)  Like I say I'm not actually a musician.  Nor did I even study music.  I'm just a critic, and I tend to over-analyze things.  So I can usually tell you why I like a certain song -- or don't like it.  I like to think that helps me find the good and bad in things and allows me to be more discriminatory.

But it might just be me blowing smoke.   :laugh:  Who knows!

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2015, 03:23:04 am »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 09:48:42 am by Chpexo »

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2015, 04:18:07 am »
Nobuo Uematsu said something about cutting two tracks spaced something like (however many "four or eight bytes of time" is) apart, creating a vibrato sound. You have to use two tracks to do it, but it does get the job done, according to the interview i watched.

Basically two unison tracks play a very small time delay apart from each other, less time than it takes the human ear to know the difference, beyond a slight "warbling" sound.
Yamero~~!

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2015, 08:43:45 am »
@Disch What effects does the Final Fantasy engine have to offer? Does it also note slides, vibratos, etc.?

Its effects are... well... not great...

I just went over the details in another thread recently:
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,19623.0.html

Pretty much you can just play simple tones, but the squares can have an envelope pattern assigned to them... so tremolo/fade-in/fade-out/etc effects are easy.  Vibrato and stuff is not so easy as there's no built-in support for it (though you could do it if you're clever).

But, if you're asm savvy -- the music driver is 100% documented and commented in the disassembly hosted on this site, so it shouldn't be too hard to make tweaks to add or change some functionality.  As long as you can find the ROM/RAM space for it.

EDIT:

Spooniest's idea could definitely work.  I don't know if FF1 does that anywhere (Though later FF games might do it).  Honestly I was never that impressed by FF1's music so I never listened too closely too it. 

Though it sounds like you're describing an echo effect, not a vibrato effect.  I know that echo trick were you have both squares playing the same tune slightly out of sync was done in tons of NES games (like the hook at 0:07 for the above linked MM2 Wily theme)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 08:50:27 am by Disch »

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2015, 09:09:17 am »
Here's an improved song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw9N7_8aCX0
Sounds great, very in the continuation of what FF1 's soundtrack is.

Duke2go

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2015, 10:45:24 am »
Wow, I leave for a few days and my thread gets BUSY...

To answer everyone in somewhat of an orderly fashion:

Welp, this is awesome!
Somehow Ive missed this for a while but yeah, now i know and Im hyped.
Looks good, dude!

I do apologize that I didn't acknowledge this comment earlier. I honestly missed it and for that I am truly sorry. I am very glad that you like what I'm doing and I will continue to update this thread with the changes that I'm making. Please check out the Facebook page if you haven't already to see more updates and such.

It's called FF:Mobius.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Mobius_Final_Fantasy

I guess we'll see what it amounts to, but I'm not holding much hope for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLJQMjIcE0Q

For reference the girl in the crystal is Sarah Cornelia (I guess an analogue of Princess Sarah) the heavily armored fellow is Garland. And apparently it deals something with the Palamecia Empire from FFII.

Who knows? I could be pleasantly wrong, but the look of it does seem... off.

I checked it out. Don't like it. Simply put, I stopped playing Final Fantasy games after 10. Up until that point, I could deal with the changes. Like I've said before, after FFIV, Square (SquEnix) started to make a LOT of changes that seemed to only last for 1 game (i.e. job system in V, Limit Breaks in VII, Materia) although these aspects did show up again in different forms later, it seemed to me like Square never settled on a theme that could be used for a few games like they did in the first four games (although I understand those games were also radically different between 1-4 as well). When there was no longer a world-map that you could walk through in X and then (IMO) the "craziness" that has come after, those games weren't Final Fantasy to me any more. After X I felt like SquEnix tried to make Final Fantasy into an MMORPG, and I don't particularly care for those. I will still play FF 1-6 before I'll even attempt to play a game after (although I do still like 7 until after Aeris' death when I felt the pacing of the game is just GONE). This new Mobius game or whatever it is, seems to be trying to put the new style into the old games, and I won't be supporting it. I'm an old codger I know, but its how I feel. 

Thanks for the suggestions. I feel is is very kind when you say something along the lines "I don't like this but here's how you can improve it". It shows you like the song enough and know what you're talking about! I am not particularly good at making fast paste songs, so your feedback helps immensely.

Here's an improved song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw9N7_8aCX0

I completely agree with you about the way suggestions are worded sometimes. I always appreciate an "I don't like this but here is how you can improve it comment" rather than a "This just isn't right and/or just looks bad" comment.

I like the improved song. I listened to the original as well this morning, and I tend to agree with Disch. The original didn't really have that "Final Boss" feel to it. While I like it, I'm still not quite convinced that it will work as the Chaos theme (although I would certainly like to include it, maybe even as the replacement for the "normal" battle music", or the theme for the Fiend battles if I can free up data to have a "Fiend" battle theme like in IV)  If I can update the music I certainly would like to use your song and I will pm you in a bit to discuss some music changes since you obviously know what you're doing with Famitracker whereas I've yet to really learn how to use that utility.
Its effects are... well... not great...

I just went over the details in another thread recently:
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,19623.0.html

Pretty much you can just play simple tones, but the squares can have an envelope pattern assigned to them... so tremolo/fade-in/fade-out/etc effects are easy.  Vibrato and stuff is not so easy as there's no built-in support for it (though you could do it if you're clever).

I was worried when I began this idea that the FF I music engine would be fairly simple compared to other games within the series. I could never find out if the game was MMC 1,2,3 etc. when I searched. I was hoping it would at least be MMC3 since I think that this game came out around the time that Megaman 2 first showed up. I am surprised that nobody has ever done an MMC3 or MMC5 conversion of this game. I would certainly be interested in trying to do something different with the sound engine because my music updates probably won't work with the limitations that are there now.

And since I feel like rambling some more about music theory, and because I'm interested in this project...

I am really glad that my humble little project has garnered so much attention, and it means a lot that I have gained as much interest as I have, especially from so many people who have done so much for FF hacking in general regardless of the game. I truly appreciate all of the support and input that you've given me throughout. I don't think its probably typical of most people to receive a "HELP I FUCKED UP" message and actually take the time to stop and help that person. Disch will certainly be #1 on my thank you's and contributions list, because frankly without FFHackster alone I couldn't have done this in the first place. And thank you for the link to MM2 Wily 1&2, that was a GREAT way to start my morning since I'm as big a fan of the 8-bit MM titles as I am of FF 1-6.

Lookin snazzy. I imagine this is what it might have looked like if the Squaresoft of yore had buckled down and put their whole asses into one last FF in the waning years of the Famicom, instead of scrapping their 8-bit FFIV in favor of the shiny new Super Famicom.
I especially like the dragonesque Cardia map.

I know this isn't actually in order, but it was a good way to end my rant I thought  :beer:

I completely agree that this is what Square of yore could have done with another FF NES title. I mean, this is Final Fantasy I, the ORIGINAL game, and I was able to do this much graphically with what already existed within that game's capabilities. Square CERTAINLY could have made FFIV on the NES from what I've seen (the comment was actually made by Grimoire LD I believe earlier within the thread that I've pushed the graphics almost to the point of FFIV's in some respects, so it was certainly possible)

Thankfully, when editing the overworld map in FFHackster, the changes are automatically updated on the in-game map screen (B-select). I know Grond removed the in-game map in Final Fantasy ++, but I felt like you lost something without the map option. So the new areas are included on the world map in-game, although they are small so they just show up as flashing "location" points for real (although the skull is big enough to be recognizable as such on that map)

Ok, into my own comments:
First,
As for the Final Boss theme, originally I was planning to, and still might, use this rendition of the FF IV NES styled final boss theme for Chaos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSs0tjK20zI

Also, stumbled across this this morning too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zfjJpUdTCU       (FF9 final boss 8-bit styled)

Both of these songs have the "Epic" last boss feel that I believe Disch was referring to and still sounds like an 8-bit track. It also has that "earlier" feel to it where it made sense that FFIV might have updated it using the SNES sound hardware (although my game was made WAYYYY after IV, I'm trying to in some ways "tie in" things to this game like this was where they originated).

Second,

Although this project originally started as something for me to do that was just a way for me to honestly "kill time" and just do something that I wanted to do for myself, it has evolved into (as I said in a PM this morning) an "it takes a village to raise a family" type of project. By this I mean that I have tried to take the feedback of other people into account wherever possible and I am TOTALLY open to collaboration on things. It really means a lot when someone like Chpexo is that interested in this project to take it upon themselves to just actively try to do something that they feel might be an improvement for this project (and I'm not discounting by ANY MEANS the input and assistance that the rest of you have given, I was just trying to not make the thread longer by discussing how each of you have specifically helped me).

It REALLY means A LOT to me that this project has been so well received and so many people are actively waiting for the beta release now. I have constantly set the bar higher and higher for myself as I've gone on with the project. From versions 1.0 to 2.0 I essentially said to myself "well, if I can do THIS, why can't I do THAT?! And that idea of trying to constantly push myself, and the game engine itself, has resulted in the game that you see in the screenshots.  I'm COMPLETELY done with the re-designed layouts of the different levels, but I still have quite a few "nit-picky" graphics changes/additions that I feel need to be made before I can release version 2.0 (since I still think that my original graphics hack should be 1.0 even though nobody else saw it). For example, I  just went through the other night and adjusted the enemy color palettes so that the different monsters had looks that were different from their original FF1/2/3/4/5/6 counterparts' colors. I did leave I believe 4 monsters from the original game because I just liked the look of them, or couldn't find another 3x3 monster sprite that I believed would work in most instances. Even with all of the necessary tweaks, I'm still realistically looking at June 1 for my limited beta release for testing.

Last,

I don't mean for this to come out wrong, but I would really appreciate it if nobody else would actively post anything to the net with the words "Final Fantasy Reconstructed" within the title. I certainly APPRECIATE the interest that others have shown, and I don't want to limit or squash that collaborative spirit that has come about, but this has become sort of my baby because it is largely the creation of my own imagination, with input from other true Final Fantasy fans. I will certainly post things that I'm happy with and label them as such, but right now I'm running the Facebook page, this thread, and a thread on Board II (although that doesn't get updates as much and I've found that site is actually distributing my pictures online. Do a Google search for Final Fantasy and you'll eventually see some of my screenshots).

I only ask that I be the only one releasing "official" Reconstructed things so that there is a continuity in what is released and nobody mistakes something that someone else did for what will be in the final release. If you've got something that you think might be cool to include, please PM me here, the Facebook page, or at my e-mail Duke2go@gmail.com. If you're trying to show off something in-thread before you've had a chance to talk to me, even adding the word "proposed" to the beginning of what you're posting would be fine. I've already posted a few "Official" releases for proposed changes online and I just don't want people to wonder why something that they found on YouTube or through Google wasn't included. Thank you all for the feedback and constructive criticism and please continue to make comments or suggestions. I really want this game to be THE Final Fantasy I NES game that people want to play because I truly love it myself and can't wait for others to experience it as well.

For anyone who hasn't seen the initial Facebook link on page 1 of this thread, its

https://www.facebook.com/finalfantasyreconstructed?ref=hl

Its a lot easier for me to post updates and pictures there than within this thread, so a LOT more pictures and smaller updates get put up there rather than here. It means that I've got to change A LOT more there, but its relatively easy to change the Facebook page without major problems.

God bless everyone.