News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Final Fantasy Reconstructed  (Read 96488 times)

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2015, 01:19:16 am »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:01:49 am by Chpexo »

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Reconstructed
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2015, 09:18:16 am »
I wonder if I can write a routine to change the color of the crystals as you complete the different elemental dungeons. I probably couldn't make them different colors completely from one another, although I do have brown, red, and two types of blue and grey that I could use for water and air too. That is definitely something I need to ask Disch about.

You mean the ones in the main menu?

Yes that is definitely possible, and not even particularly that difficult.

Bobolicious81

• Keeper of the Taco Sandwich
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2015, 06:15:50 pm »
I thought he meant changing the color of crystals in the 4 pillars around the time warp, kind of like how Super Metroid has the statues of the bosses at the entrance to Tourian that change color when each one is defeated.

Duke2go

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2015, 04:30:26 am »
I thought he meant changing the color of crystals in the 4 pillars around the time warp, kind of like how Super Metroid has the statues of the bosses at the entrance to Tourian that change color when each one is defeated.

That is actually a REALLY GOOD analogy. Yes, that is exactly what I want to do. I've got the 4 pillars with the crystals in the present version of the Temple (which I'll take a second to upload in a minute). I thought it would be cool if there was a way to write a routine that changed the palette used for the different crystal images when the different Fiends were defeated and the crystals were lit again. I know I probably won't be able to make them different colors to represent what Fiend was defeated, but it was just an added touch that I thought was cool (and I guess I was kind of thinking of Super Metroid in the back of my head). I figured since it was similar to the door bug routine and the moving tiles, and it only involved changing the colors of the one tile, it might be do-able. I don't know if I'll be able to get my ASM tutoring started tonight like I'd planned. I'm a freelance writer and I basically wrote 2 20 page documents for a local university here since yesterday, and 1 more to do by tomorrow (Although I'll clear over a grand tomorrow for literally 2/3 days worth of writing, so its not all bad). As an aside, I write college papers too if anyone knows anyone who is struggling to complete their classwork.

This is actually kind of what I thought I wanted the crystals to change to after each fiend was defeated. I check my available color choices and I'm basically stuck making the crystals grey when they are dormant and the crystal blue when they've been activated. It would even be cool if there was a way to put the crystals in the main menu on the pillars instead, but again, I don't know how much of that is actually possible until I can get together with my tutor =-) During the few breaks I took today, I managed to free up a ridiculous amount of space within the rom image today and I'm back over 1,000 kb even after all of the edits that I've made. So, I can definitely go back and spruce up some of the previous areas and still fulfill my vision of the past Temple. The only spoiler I'll give about the final level is that the pillar/banner combination in this picture shows up within the final level and I basically used the crystal as the symbol of Chaos and the Fiends. I've already managed to alter the palettes on the individual elemental levels to show a color that represents the element on the banner (i.e. the Earth level has a brown crystal on the banner). I kind of thought it would be a neat flip if the crystals that we have always thought were a source of good in FF1 were in fact used by Chaos and the Fiends originally, but some adventurers (maybe previous Light Warriors) took the crystals from them and used them to seal Chaos in another dimension. Kind of like Chaos planned for the crystals to be restored because that will break the seal keeping him where he is. Honestly, the whole crystal legend might have even been messed up as it was told and the actual story was lost over time. I'm seriously going to alter that because the time warp aspect never made sense and for the warriors to travel to a location that looks NOTHING like anything else in Final Fantasy 1 (Reconstructed or otherwise) really doesn't make sense if its simply them going to the past. I had intended to release the limited beta somewhere around this weekend, but with all that's been going on and all of the work that I've had, that's probably not going to happen. Probably at least 1 more week, but it will definitely be in limited beta testing by June 1. Have a great day everyone.

First of all I must say these graphics look gorgeous especially for the NES :thumbsup:. I see you really went for detail here. I do have a few critiques, I hope you don't mind:

I see that the tables and chairs have brick underneath them. Is this intentional? It would look more nicer if you had the same background as the floor for objects. If you are reusing the graphics in another area, make the floor surrounding the objects a solid color like you did with the pot in another screenshot.

That aside, a great improvement an already good looking game for its time. I can't wait to play it!

While I was trying to figure out how to use IRC to see if I could find Disch for tutoring, I remembered that you had commented and I had rudely ignored what you had said (unintentionally I assure you). You have absolutely hit the nail on the head twice today. I've been pulling sprites from other versions of Final Fantasy NES (most notably Final Fantasy ++ since Grond used a lot of the tiles from Final Fantasy IV and that's my favorite game, which is reflected in this project). But yes, I am aware of the graphical differences and I fully intend to do what you suggested and make the floors match under the tables/chairs/etc. I was basically trying to get the initial layouts of the dungeons/towns done before I went and did what I considered "nitpicky" changes. I know where the sprites are going to be, but I need to make sure that everything matches. I will have all of that fixed before a beta is released (and that's coming SOON). But I really appreciate the constructive criticism and I try to end every post encouraging such comments. I will say that you were a whole lot nicer about it than the last person who basically tore me a new one because I didn't follow the "traditional" Final Fantasy formula. If you look back through this thread and look at the earlier comparison screenshots you can see where yes he was right that the floors did tend to be darker than the walls, but the graphics were also INCREDIBLY dated by this point. I've used Final Fantasy IV Advance for a lot of the inspiration that I've had with color choices, mostly because I'm able to replicate those colors. I really intended to keep the original layouts of the levels and just make them look better, but as I've gone along, I've been inspired to try new things. The positive feedback that I've received for the changes that I was inspired to make kept me motivated to keep trying new things (i.e. the way the Sunken Shrine looks now as opposed to the original version). Also, as I've said a few times, the final level will not look ANYTHING like the Past Temple of Fiends that we know from our past. I've beta tested it to a point, but I changed something and all of my save data/states won't work any more, so I basically started beta testing for real (by for real I mean without the "Super Weapons" that I created and put in the Coneria weapon shop so that I didn't have to grind the whole way just to see how a level looked). I started changing the Marsh Cave again but I realized that I put WAAY too many pillars in the level now and I need to take some of them out because one wall in particular was almost nothing but pillars when I played it earlier. Its been really nice having an emulator on my phone so I can beta test a little when I don't have a lot of time. Thank you for your comments and I look forward to hearing what you think of the finished product. Also, check out the Reconstructed Facebook page if you haven't already. I post a LOT more screenshots and updates there because I can easily upload the screenshots right from my phone. There's a link on page 1 when I first started this thread about a month ago. I can't believe it has been such a short amount of time and I've almost completely revamped the graphics of an entire NES game.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 05:20:53 am by Duke2go »
Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence...

http://www.ffreconstructed.com/
https://www.facebook.com/DevilHunterMiyumi/

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2015, 09:34:02 am »

Oooooh.  Okay.  That's still possible, but is trickier.  The hardest part is the not the asm part, but is finding enough space with the palettes to have all the colors you want.

Duke2go

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2015, 09:41:02 am »
That was weird... I don't know how I somehow quoted myself from a few weeks ago when I re-did Cardia. Glad that you understand now what I was getting at Senor' Disch. That just seemed like a neat idea to have the crystal banners change color when a Fiend was defeated. It works into the storyline I've been concocting too because the placement of the pillars could represent a barrier to keep Chaos from entering this world. I'll put some more screenshots up later if I can get anything significant done today besides work.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:34:31 am by Duke2go »
Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence...

Bobolicious81

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2015, 11:56:23 am »
I must say that temple with the crystals in the pillars looks fantastic.
And I like the ideas for tweaking the storyline. I like those kind of twists on the standard prophecy formula. I'm reminded a bit of Dune, where the "great prophecy" was really just bullshit made up by the Bene Gesserits so they could take advantage of the local population if needed, and Paul ended up fulfilling a prophecy that was never meant to be fulfilled. (Which was a VERY important plot point that the 1984 movie ignored entirely...)
But anyway, great work!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:03:38 pm by Bobolicious81 »

Duke2go

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2015, 12:00:23 am »
I must say that temple with the crystals in the pillars looks fantastic.
And I like the ideas for tweaking the storyline. I like those kind of twists on the standard prophecy formula. I'm reminded a bit of Dune, where the "great prophecy" was really just bullshit made up by the Bene Gesserits so they could take advantage of the local population if needed, and Paul ended up fulfilling a prophecy that was never meant to be fulfilled. (Which was a VERY important plot point that the 1984 movie ignored entirely...)
But anyway, great work!

I've actually read the very first Dune book, and I was actually thinking about that storyline when I started slightly altering things within the story. Like you said, the Bene Gesserits totally distorted the prophesy in order to maintain power, but they were feeding the population a line of shiite. I was also reminded of how history is written by the victors, and it would have been entirely likely that the sages or whoever originally sealed Chaos away would have done what was necessary to maintain that control, much like the Bene Gesserits that you discussed. And finally, truth be told, I was also thinking about the creation of the Bible and the canonizing of Jesus' teachings, even though he had risen like 100 years before the first Bible was ever written. Even during the original meeting to discuss canonizing a bible, the different wise men in attendance kept different portions out in order to maintain their control. All of this together got me thinking that it was entirely possible that the legend had either gotten screwed up over the years or the sages/royals were intentionally telling the general population the wrong thing, again for power's sake. So that led me to the idea that the crystals were used to seal Chaos away, maybe because each crystal contained some of his spirit or essence (Kind of like Sauron in the Lord of the Rings). This similarity to Sauron was the reason that I created the "crystal" banners in the first place. I thought that perhaps there the crystals are a means of gaining power and control, and could in fact instill fear into the hearts of people. Or, perhaps since the fiends were tied to the elements, they were able to corrupt the power of the crystals to venture to the main dimension. Again, lots of ideas running through my head, although I promise I'm not going to make the game unrecognizable as Final Fantasy I other than its a whole lot prettier now. Haven't had a chance to mess with my project today and got on to reply since I had an email saying people had been commenting. Everyone have a nice night.

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2015, 01:05:15 am »
I personally would love a bit more intrigue into the plot of FFI, and the idea that the Circle of Sages were purposely subverting their own prophecy is an interesting premise. I suppose they would want to keep things in the status quo (they are worried not about the time loop in the original game, but are anxious over the Fiends arising earlier than they should have within these same time loops) and hope that these particular four might restore the time loop to an equilibrium as it was before. They don't seem interested in breaking it in the original game.

If the story is taken in this kind of direction a bit more backstory on Garland could be interesting and why he took the actions he did.

Bobolicious81

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2015, 04:42:14 pm »
You'd mentioned earlier giving Chaos his own battle music. Were you doing anything else different like a special background or redoing his sprite? Of course his original sprite would be pretty hard to improve on, but I've always really liked this picture

Edit:
After seeing that picture again, I can't help but wonder if the bottom tier of the FF6 final battle was based on him...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 08:26:39 pm by Bobolicious81 »

Duke2go

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2015, 09:40:26 pm »
I personally would love a bit more intrigue into the plot of FFI, and the idea that the Circle of Sages were purposely subverting their own prophecy is an interesting premise. I suppose they would want to keep things in the status quo (they are worried not about the time loop in the original game, but are anxious over the Fiends arising earlier than they should have within these same time loops) and hope that these particular four might restore the time loop to an equilibrium as it was before. They don't seem interested in breaking it in the original game.

If the story is taken in this kind of direction a bit more backstory on Garland could be interesting and why he took the actions he did.

I was discussing doing a "Nintendo Power" type strategy guide that used the original guide as a template and updated the different changes that I'm making. That would probably give me a good place to expand upon the backstory of Garland. I've always thought that it was interesting that in the opening FMV of FFI (from Dawn of Souls I think) showed Garland, and the title logo of that game did too. While we've seen bad guys in the logos before, why show Garland in the opening FMV fighting a dragon. Even the knights in the castle say that Garland was once a good and honest knight. I think you've added a new nuance to the story. I would just have to rewrite Garland/Chaos' dialogue within the other dimension. It wouldn't be difficult to just change it to Chaos taking on Garland's form and then taunting the warriors that his death started the events that led to his release. Like "the blood of the just man must be spilt" or something like that. Definitely something to consider.

You'd mentioned earlier giving Chaos his own battle music. Were you doing anything else different like a special background or redoing his sprite? Of course his original sprite would be pretty hard to improve on, but I've always really liked this picture

If I make even one change to the music, it will be to give Chaos his own battle music. I'd really like to use my own version of the battle music if possible for normal fighting, but it doesn't sound epic enough for the Chaos battle. I would also ideally like to change the images of the 4 fiends/Chaos to different sprites that are in the same vein, just look different. If anyone would like to try their hands at creating some original work I will consider entering it into the game. I want to keep the themes, but not necessarily replicate the later systems like FFI advance or PS1. Personally, I didn't really like the updated looks as much as the originals, that's why I haven't messed with the Fiends or Chaos yet.

Going to things that I have changed, here's a sneak peak at the Alter of Earth. I messed up something when I was editing the other day and I had to start beta testing over. So I decided to test without using the "Super Weapons" that I created that aren't available until after all 4 crystals have been restored. The game plays great and I did some streamlining of a few places. This isn't a representation of the right colors for the actual altar, but I think that was the color I used for the Crystal of Earth. Since I had to share the tiles with the Gurgu Volcano, I had to choose a color scheme for both that would stand out from the floors.

I really liked how the altar tiles looked in the Temple of Fiends Present/Past and I had just enough room to put the 9 tiles into the Earth Cave tile set as well. I don't think however that I will have enough room in the Sky Palace tiles to add those as well. Is it going to throw off the continuity of the game to not have that altar present within the sky palace? I think I will try to make a more hi-tech one if I don't have enough room. Thanks for all of the input and inspiration. As always, comments and constructive criticism are appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 05:21:11 am by Duke2go »

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2015, 11:01:01 pm »
Go go go!

I love all of it and can't wait to play it

I do not know what to add other than that
Yamero~~!

JCE3000GT

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2015, 12:15:58 am »
I was discussing doing a "Nintendo Power" type strategy guide that used the original guide as a template and updated the different changes that I'm making.

I support this 100%!  I think I might have to devote more time to beta test this myself.  I could use a break from Skyrim.  :)

Duke2go

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2015, 12:28:11 am »
Go go go!

I love all of it and can't wait to play it

I do not know what to add other than that

Thank you. I ran into a fairly major problem today and might have to re-do a lot of the work that I've done up to this point.

I support this 100%!  I think I might have to devote more time to beta test this myself.  I could use a break from Skyrim.  :)

I actually downloaded the old Nintendo Power Strategy guide earlier and it was all in .jpg format and could probably be edited pretty easily. That will be the next project after I get the graphics and music edited the way that I want it.

Ok, so to the problem that I ran into:

I was editing around some during a little down time today and I was strictly using FFHackster (not a hex editor at all). So, I had beta tested through the Ice Cave and went and got the Floater, raised the airship, and went back to Elfheim. No problem. I went back to Coneria town however and got a black screen, no town. To troubleshoot, I started a brand new game and tried to enter Coneria. Again, black screen, no town. This hasn't been a problem before now and I haven't edited any of the teleports. I don't know what could have possibly changed. I've got a backup of my work, but its from before I went on my vacation, and I've done quite a bit of editing since then. If anyone has worked with Hackster before and can lend a hand I certainly would appreciate it. I don't want to have to go back and re-do everything that I've worked on these last few weeks. I reached out to Disch and hopefully he will know what's wrong, but I figured I'd ask in-thread too. Thanks for any help to save me the headache of having to go back and re-edit everything that I've done recently.

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2015, 02:11:46 am »
I reached out to Disch and hopefully he will know what's wrong, but I figured I'd ask in-thread too.

Technical explanation of what's going wrong that you probably don't care about:

It's a bug in Hackster.  The map compression routine is reading past the end of the buffer, resulting in Hackster thinking there are more 00 tiles at the end of the map than there really are.  This causes it to write an increased run length to the ROM.

So when you enter the map in-game, the decompression routine will write too many tiles to RAM, spilling out of the normal $7000-7FFF range (which contains the decompressed map data) into the $8xxx range ... which is MMC1 control registers.

Writes to MMC1 control regs are no good -- and ultimately destroy how the game PRG swaps.  So when the game tries to jump to code later, it swaps to the wrong bank and ends up hitting bad code and crashing.

How to fix:

Or really, how to "work around" since the problem is not with your hack, but with Hackster itself:

Simply don't end your map with tile 00.  That is, the lower-right tile on the map should not be the upper-left tile on the tileset.

I haven't double-checked but it's almost certain this bug exists for overworld maps too.  And since overworld maps are stored per row, this means that tile 0 should not exist anywhere in the right-most column of the overworld map.

Duke2go

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2015, 09:20:32 am »
Technical explanation of what's going wrong that you probably don't care about:

It's a bug in Hackster.  The map compression routine is reading past the end of the buffer, resulting in Hackster thinking there are more 00 tiles at the end of the map than there really are.  This causes it to write an increased run length to the ROM.

So when you enter the map in-game, the decompression routine will write too many tiles to RAM, spilling out of the normal $7000-7FFF range (which contains the decompressed map data) into the $8xxx range ... which is MMC1 control registers.

Writes to MMC1 control regs are no good -- and ultimately destroy how the game PRG swaps.  So when the game tries to jump to code later, it swaps to the wrong bank and ends up hitting bad code and crashing.

How to fix:

Or really, how to "work around" since the problem is not with your hack, but with Hackster itself:

Simply don't end your map with tile 00.  That is, the lower-right tile on the map should not be the upper-left tile on the tileset.

I haven't double-checked but it's almost certain this bug exists for overworld maps too.  And since overworld maps are stored per row, this means that tile 0 should not exist anywhere in the right-most column of the overworld map.

No, I absolutely DO care!! Its like me reaching out to you to help me learn how to do new things with the rom via ASM. I really want to continue to LEARN while I'm doing this. I might be learning something that is out of date at this point, but I'm still learning something. And I SINCERELY thank you for giving me some assistance with this problem. I'm so glad that I've come to be in contact with the person who actually created the utility that I've primarily used to create this entire project, because it was certainly nice to be like "OH SHIT!! WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!" and I actually got some help from the person who knows the most about the program, and virtually right away at that. If it wasn't for you I'd literally have been beating my head against the wall. I have made that one simple change, and poof, Coneria is back. I wonder why it has only done that in Coneria? I'm pretty sure that I've ended the bottom right tile with the same as the top left tile in just about every map that I've made because I've been cutting down on the different used tiles in order to keep freeing up as much space as possible. Its also kind of weird that it just happened out of the blue and was working fine before I started screwing around with the Ice Cavern. Just to be safe, I think that I'll make sure all of the bottom right tiles are different than the top left so that I don't have that problem again. Once again, thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH Disch!!!!!!!! I was planning to put you at the top of the thank you's as it was, but there's no doubt that you will be first on my thank you list now. And since I can continue, the saga continues and more frequent backups will be made from here on. Have a wonderful Mother's day everyone.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 09:31:31 am by Duke2go »

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2015, 09:37:33 am »
Glad that's cleared up, I'm tapping my foot for this one.

It's been a while since I was this excited for a game. :)
Yamero~~!

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2015, 09:37:52 am »
I'm pretty sure that I've ended the bottom right tile with the same as the top left tile

To clarify:

The bottom-right tile can match the top-left tile of the map.  That's no problem.  I might have worded this weirdly.

The bottom-right tile can't be tile 0.  But I figured you might not know what tile 0 is, so I called it the top-left tile of the tileset.  Specifically:

In your town tileset, tile 0 is the normal grass tile.
In your castle tileset, tile 0 is the bottom half of your potion shelf
In the ToF tileset, tile 0 is the bottom of the stringy/rocky pillar thing
etc
etc

Once again, thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH Disch!

No probalo.

Duke2go

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2015, 09:50:54 am »
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get it now. Then I don't think that I've probably done that in any of the other maps. If I do however have that problem again I'll at least know how to start trouble shooting before I send you another HELLLLLP e-mail.  :thumbsup:

And kudos on the Strongbad!! I didn't recognize him at first haha

Glad that's cleared up, I'm tapping my foot for this one.

It's been a while since I was this excited for a game. :)

Realistically, since I've kind of put myself behind by re-editing some of my previous level designs, I'm realistically looking at June 1 for the beta release. I need to clean up some of the graphics and just make sure that I'm completely happy with the level design. I started looking back through some of the maps I had done more towards the beginning of phase 2 and I see where I wasted A LOT of kb for no real reason other than to try to keep the layouts of the original levels (Marsh Cave B3 springs to mind since its basically just a big square). I'm also really trying to keep about 500 kb open so that I can try to make a dungeon of my own. I've learned enough about teleport tiles and the way that Hackster works that I think I can basically make a series of rooms that runs back through some of the empty space in the previous levels (i.e. a series of rooms that go from the Terra Cave to the Ice Cave to the Gurgu Volcano to the Sky Palace and then dumps you back out at the Terra Cave since that's the starting example). Come to think of it, since there is already an existing exit tile for the Temple of Fiends (past) and all of the different shrines, it really shouldn't be that hard to just start and end with a dungeon that doesn't use a warp point to get back out, but uses an "exit dungeon" tile. I wish there was a way to make the game recognize that you've beaten it like with the Advance games and then open up the new dungeon as a bonus. I might just have to start the chain within the past Temple of Fiends (since that's what I've got to call it at this point) and then return to somewhere in the blackness of that level to pop back outside of the present version. The setup I know has to be like Grond's Bahamut's room with no warp tile or I'll just warp back to the dungeon that I just came from.  I've seen how what I used to think was like 5 or 6 different floors is actually often 2 distinct maps within 1 level of flooring that are just separated by empty space.

May 12, 2015, 06:32:13 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
My replies will probably get combined, but I posted a message on the general discussion board about a Fantasy artist needed for a collaboration. As I said earlier in this thread,  since I'm changing a LOT of things in that game, I thought that I would re-do the Final Fantasy Nintendo Power Strategy Guide with the new levels, items, enemies, etc. I'm an artist myself, but I just normally don't have the time to spend penciling, inking, and coloring that I used to and if I do it myself it will take me a year just to do the strategy guide. I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in contributing artwork. I wouldn't even mind a few different people who might want to help. I've found a lot of concept artwork on the net and I think I can put together something that is at least passable.

While you can get to both of these dungeons fairly early (Chaos shrine after you get the ship and Crystal ruins after you get the airship), you CAN'T get into them before the 4 crystals are lit. I originally was going to put my "super weapons" in existing locations, but since I made these two extra dungeons, I'm just going to put the chests in there. That way the player can't just go there and beat the crap out of the rest of the game. Also, both dungeons are FULL of the most difficult monsters in the game, so you're not just going to walk in there at a low level. I'm not posting pics of interiors of the bonus levels because they share the tileset with the final level, and that is just something you'll have to wait to see. Also, although its kind of a small aspect, I removed the whole door open/close issue in Coneria and made it similar to the later games where the player was transported to a "treasure room". I also went ahead and just opened up the treasury in Elfheim and in the Northwest Castle. This was mostly done b/c I just don't have enough teleport tiles to take away to make every room a treasure room like that. I eliminated 2 of the teleports in the Sea Shrine that took you to "waypoint" rooms that were just there to make you go up one more level. As always, constructive criticism and feedback are welcome and encouraged.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 05:21:42 am by Duke2go »

JCE3000GT

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2015, 10:42:36 pm »
This.  Is.  Epic. 

I love it!!

Off topic: Are you planning on doing a new game with these awesome graphics?  If not you REALLY should.  :)