My kinda hack of NFS for for PlayStation.
At the moment it's not active due to personal reasons.
As a base, the US [NTSC] version is chosen. (at the moment Australian [PAL] version is used, later everything will be ported to US [NTSC] version]
The tasks of my work:
- To add 3 region-only cars (Australian-only HSV GTS, Ford Falcon XR8 and Japanese-only Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-spec) in the game - DONE/TODO (HSV and Ford are fine; regarding Nissan - problems are being encountered, see details below)
- To allow the player to drive Ferraris and Mercedeses in Hot Pursuit mode without of using third-party cheats like gameshark - DONE
- To enable leftover blue-and-red vidwalls for police cars - DONE/TODO (Caprice's vidwall is plain blue, so it has to be edited)
- To add cars' own interior's textures instead of placeholder interior texture present on all the ingame cars - TODO (only Diablo SV's interior textures are added, along with its actual rims instead of Z3's it originally had)
- If possible, to add SV markings on Diablo SV - TODO
(cancelled, as an addition of second side texture and edition of the car's model will be needed)
- If possible, change the French police cars' lightbars to blue or blue-and-yellow - TODO (replacing the French cops with German cops, hoping that they have different dummies for lightbars' lights, didn't help, I'll look for the other way... upd: probably the source of the problem is the same one that doesn't let me properly add Skyline without replacing HSV - see below)
Currently, this HS's revision only exists as the patch for the Japanese version of the game, Over Drivin' 4, as back then I didn't know how to re-build games' images, and Japanese version had Australian cars as leftovers; besides, it only had one or two tasks done. It, along with the screenshots of what's done, are hosted on another site.