News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Does anyone know how to remove Wave Man's jetski segment in Mega Man 5?  (Read 1840 times)

Millenium3000

• View Profile
Hey, I'm making a hack of Mega Man 5, and I really need to remove the jetski segment in Wave Man's stage, the problem is I don't know how to do it. I know how to hex edit and all of that, it's just I don't know where the code for the jetski segment is located.

Turambar

• View Profile
Seems like you could edit the level data to move the boss door/room to the left before the jetski part?

henke37

• View Profile
I would look at the room entity list. I'd bet that the segment is triggered by the use of a special entity.

Millenium3000

• View Profile
I would look at the room entity list. I'd bet that the segment is triggered by the use of a special entity.

The thing is that it's not in any entity list for the game. It seems to be triggered by code, not by a special event entity.

kuja killer

• View Profile
3C9F0:
FF

That disables the automatic scrolling part. That's the level id of where to make it happen. so for example you wanted to put it on another level like Protoman 1 (which is what the recent new "rockman install metal" hack did, then you'd put 08 there.

To stop the wavebike, just simply remove the sprite from the level in MegaFLE level editor :) or put it in a different level if you wanted to use it somewhere else

Millenium3000

• View Profile
Thanks!