News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy IV Namingway Edition (updated to Version 1.90)  (Read 115341 times)

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IV Namingway Edition (updated to Version 1.88)
« Reply #540 on: January 20, 2019, 01:00:21 pm »
OK, so here are the changes Spooniest and I made in Project II v2.40, in addition to the older Pastebins.

https://pastebin.com/VjLMtXh3

I need to catalog these along with the initial changes for 8.bit.fan next.

Some of those changes I had to make a quite a bit different as nothing I did would work to make it all fit. Eventually I did, and I really like the results so far. I should have cataloged them myself, but somehow I got it all to work in Bank 1 and 2. Now onto Bank 3!

vivify93

• Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 20, 2019, 01:15:14 pm »
It's all certainly daunting. I don't think I'm ever going to touch bank 2 ever again, assuming it's typo-free.
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 20, 2019, 09:46:45 pm »
It's all certainly daunting. I don't think I'm ever going to touch bank 2 ever again, assuming it's typo-free.

You're telling me. It's been an enormous undertaking to get this script overhauled. I've finally submitted Version 1.89.

January 21, 2019, 07:56:35 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Okay everyone. Version 1.89 is ready to go!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 07:56:35 pm by Rodimus Primal »

svenge

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IV Namingway Edition (updated to Version 1.89)
« Reply #543 on: January 22, 2019, 11:28:46 am »
Looks very nice.  Thank you so much for your continuing hard work!  :beer:

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 23, 2019, 11:25:00 pm »
Looks very nice.  Thank you so much for your continuing hard work!  :beer:

Thank you so much. I know I have a minor update in the works to fix a typo or two. If you find anything in there let me know so I can make a finalized update!

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 03, 2019, 09:52:39 pm »
Okay guys. I fixed up the script errors I found and I also changed the spell that the TrapDoor casts to 9thDimen.

Version 1.90 has been submitted!

February 04, 2019, 10:28:22 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Okay guys, Version 1.90 is ready for download. If there aren't any other script errors, I think this may be the last update for a while.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 10:28:22 am by Rodimus Primal »

svenge

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IV Namingway Edition (updated to Version 1.90)
« Reply #546 on: February 19, 2019, 05:44:59 pm »
I found a typo near the beginning of the game, when Beigan(?) is talking to the King when Cecil returns from the opening's Crystal gathering mission.  He says to the King that Cecil's loyalty is "waivering" (derived from waiver, which means a relinquishment), when it should be "wavering" (derived from waver, which means to fluctuate in opinion or allegiance).

I can see how it was missed though, as "waivering" is indeed a word in its own right and passes the spell-check test.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IV Namingway Edition (updated to Version 1.90)
« Reply #547 on: February 19, 2019, 09:57:52 pm »
I found a typo near the beginning of the game, when Beigan(?) is talking to the King when Cecil returns from the opening's Crystal gathering mission.  He says to the King that Cecil's loyalty is "waivering" (derived from waiver, which means a relinquishment), when it should be "wavering" (derived from waver, which means to fluctuate in opinion or allegiance).

I can see how it was missed though, as "waivering" is indeed a word in its own right and passes the spell-check test.

You misquoted it but you're right about waiver and waver.

Here's the actual line-

Baigan:Your Majesty!
 It would appear Cecil's
 faith in you appears to
 waiver.

But was supposed to be waver, so it will be fixed. Let me know if you find anything else.