News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy IV Namingway Edition (updated to Version 1.98b)  (Read 231880 times)

Abster

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IV Namingway Edition (updated to Version 1.4)
« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2015, 04:34:23 am »
I noticed that save point too.  I think it was there in FF4 Easytype, but not in the original FF4 and the US FF2, which makes me curious to why that was put in.

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 28, 2015, 09:56:57 am »
The save point was added to Project II, which Namingway is based on. It wasn't in the original FFIV, nor the US FFII but was added to Easytype. I thought about removing it but left it for some folks who find the game too difficult. I can still take it out if you guys feel it makes it too easy.

I noticed the save point bug too with the B Button Dash. I'm not sure there's an easy fix for this, but I will have to put it in the readme as a warning. 

April 30, 2015, 11:15:00 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I have removed the save point at the end and I also added a disclaimer. I also fixed the sound effect for the Wyvern Lance. Strange and weird thing I noticed about that save point- if you have a file saved there, it will load the game AT that location but because its a regular tile now you cannot save there.

It's been submitted so Version 1.41 will be up soon.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 11:31:49 pm by Rodimus Primal »

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 01, 2015, 02:49:34 am »
Thanks Rodimus!

I will try this out this weekend when I try to finish up power leveling/stat maxing!  I'm really looking forward to giving the final boss a beatdown unlike any other for this playthrough.

Bobolicious81

• Keeper of the Taco Sandwich
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2015, 11:22:57 am »
I like my final boss battles like I like my personal relationships: difficult, with me desperately trying to end them before they kill me.

Also, I'd assume the save files just keep track of your x/y coordinates and don't bother checking if there's an actual save point where you start.

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2015, 12:56:00 am »
This is true. I think it does just check that. And I think not being at a high enough level makes the last boss extremely challenging.

Version 1.41 is live now.   :beer:

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2015, 07:03:42 am »
I agree on the difficulty point, but I've never actually gone to the trouble to stat max my party before.  This just seemed like the perfect time to do it!

Nothing like the feeling of closure after you've just steamrolled a final boss, knowing you've completed everything a game has to offer (except farming adamant armors--screw that).

chillyfeez

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2015, 07:07:42 am »
Nothing like the feeling of closure after you've just steamrolled a final boss, knowing you've completed everything a game has to offer (except farming adamant armors--screw that).

I didn't even know the PinkPuff/Pink Tail existed until I started hacking ffiv. I've still never seen one in-game.
Ongoing project: "Final Fantasy IV: A Threat From Within"

Latest Demo

Gedankenschild

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2015, 08:03:58 am »
I didn't even know the PinkPuff/Pink Tail existed until I started hacking ffiv. I've still never seen one in-game.

I only got some after hacking the game and making Pink Tails the standard drops for PinkPuffs...  ;D
Hint: Do not collect multiple Pink Tails and then go to exchange them. The jerk in the cave will take ALL your Pink Tails and give you ONE armor for them! How insane is that?!  :banghead:

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 02, 2015, 07:12:35 pm »
THAT'S how you get ahold of Adamant Armor?? I didn't know that.

One time I used a Siren at random and ironically was in the one room with Pinkpuffs.  I was treated to a royal reaming to Black Chocobo music.  It made for a funny afternoon!
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

chillyfeez

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2015, 09:11:16 pm »
Wait - black chocobo music plays when you fight a PinkPuff?

Latest Demo

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 02, 2015, 09:21:00 pm »
As far as I remember, yeah. It's like when you fight them they're having a party at first, then all hell breaks loose.

The next time I'm in the Lunar Subterranne I'll  try to fight them, and see if I remember correctly.  I'm actually doing a speed run atm, so in a day or so I'll know for sure.  :)

Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

Gedankenschild

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2015, 10:30:34 pm »
Both chocobo themes play randomly, as soon as they start "doing their thing"...

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2015, 11:10:24 pm »
Yep, the Pink Puff battle script calls for them to change the battle music more than once. So weird. 

chillyfeez

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 02, 2015, 11:11:49 pm »
Oh, OK, I was wondering how they did it, but I just realized the music must be part of the PinkPuffs' battle script.

Latest Demo

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2015, 02:25:43 am »
Yeah, the music starts playing and my party would go berserk.  I thought about farming tails for completions sake, but then I realized I had inadvertantly farmed so much other uber equipment that I probably didn't need adamant armors.

Plus to actually survive the pink puffs you have to be pretty strong in the first place, and since I was stat maxing this time, well, I feel like I was hitting the point of diminishing returns as far as what the adamant armor was offering in relation to the amount of Pink Puff Genocide that would be required.

Duke2go

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2015, 06:52:59 am »
I hated those Damn Pink Puff Puffs. Damned puddings and such in that game were annoying to begin with, but the PPP's took the damn cake for most annoying enemies in Final Fantasy IV. I spent 2 days trying to get them to drop a pink tail so that I could get the extra Armor, to no avail I will add. I just gave up. I tried again when I first played FFIV Advance, but same results even with save states, just such a random drop I never saw a Pink Tail. I do remember the music starting and my party members just started attacking. Made no sense to me if the PPP's were going to be so rare that you needed an alert to find them, then why the "F" couldn't you just fight the damn things normal??? I might try once more when I get that far in FFIV Advance on my phone. I was going to switch completely to Namingway edition but I'd already completed about 1/3 of the Advance game before I even knew this existed. I am interested to go through it at a later time though since I know Rodimus is making something special as well. Half tempted to make the PPP an enemy in Reconstructed and make the damn thing weak against everything with 1 hit point just so I can beat the SHIT out of it for the frustration it caused me as a young adult.
Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence...

http://www.ffreconstructed.com/
https://www.facebook.com/DevilHunterMiyumi/

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 22, 2015, 11:57:39 pm »
So, thanks to the efforts of Bahamut Zero, we are working on the next release of Namingway Edition. As a progress report, the treasure chests and save points have been completely restored back to their original Japanese graphics. Also, the Tower of Babil maps are restored to make doorways out of hallways, as they originally were.

Now I'm at a crossroads. I want to restore the Developer's Room, but space is limited. The ONLY way I can think to do so is to restore the Training Room back to its Japanese counterpart, or cut it back to one room. The thing is, if I do, I'm going all in. Meaning I will do the town maps as well. If not, I'm not sure there is room for it at all anyway.

So I need your guys input. Go all in for full restoration, or leave the Training Room and the like as is?

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 23, 2015, 01:01:44 am »
That all depends. As Chillyfeez has mentioned elsewhere you can save some space without losing anything by chopping off parts of maps that the player can't ever actually see. The far north of Kaipo and the Crystal Room Chamber in the Tower of Babil come directly to mind, I think it could be worth the effort.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2015, 08:24:03 am »
My vote is for an all in full restoration. The US version didn't do anything so spectacular as to warrant keeping any of it IMO.

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 23, 2015, 06:05:02 pm »
My vote is for an all in full restoration. The US version didn't do anything so spectacular as to warrant keeping any of it IMO.

I'm leaning more in that direction. I know it may take a bit, but I think it will be worth it in the long run.