News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Rockman World 3 DX & Megaman 3 DX

Started by Tails Gaming Power, November 02, 2019, 02:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balgar

Quote from: Tails Gaming Power on April 23, 2022, 11:36:15 PM
Thanks and sorry I really don't know how to fix this error compatibilities such as goombacolor  :-\

and I know this is not much but this is the progress of the title screen and select stage and yes I'm still fixing some things like the enemy color palette and other things sorry if this is little

and yes about snake man background i already fixed that  :thumbsup:

It's great that this project is moving forward. The screenshots of the initial screen and the level selection screen look correct.

Tails Gaming Power

More Screenshots!  :beer:

looks like the enemies palette is working!!!, but some are not working as bosses but i think this has a fix  :thumbsup:
and yes in some colors like for example the select stage I'm trying to base myself on Megaman Mania and on Megaman 3 of nes too.

April 26, 2022, 10:53:04 PM - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

Although I have to fix some tiles  :-\
like the black blocks in the background minus the shadow parts.

Mindflower

Cool Stuff!
Every GB MM World Title could use this treatment honestly, yes even 2.
Most of us would be looking forward to 4 and 5 though, those are the crowning achievements of Gameboy Megaman and Megaman Classic in general, top notch titles.
Anyway, good luck with this project!

amaturehr

As I mentioned on @marc_max MM5 Color project, it would be a life long dream to see these games in color.  MM3 is of particular fondness for me, I can remember being in the store with my dad who bought it for me.  One thing that could be considered is using some of the colors that MM10 used in the special bonus stages as a reference.  They tried to remake some of these "MegaMan Killer" levels in MM10.  This may be the closest to the official look we have, unless the Megaman Mania rom for GBA ever leaks.

I tried to make a few comparison pictures that could help inspire color choices for the MM3 GB Wiley Levels.

May 04, 2022, 01:27:54 PM - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

Also, not to hijack the thread, but these were the only official screen caps I could find for MM3 for the unreleased GBA port.  Basically its only Snake Man stage and there is a bit of discrepancy w/ the colors, but again, maybe useful for inspiration. I also found a few screen mockups for the wiley stage based on MM10 done by Nitronack369 on DeviantArt:

Thank you for the work you have done on this hack, even the alpha images here bring me joy!

Razieldemon

If you aren't the same guy doing this you really should join forces.

I got curious and searched the term color and mega man iv and found this.

His project is recent like yours, but it suffers from the blocks too.

https://youtu.be/udGYSjOX6G8

Tails Gaming Power

Quote from: Razieldemon on May 21, 2022, 11:26:56 AM
If you aren't the same guy doing this you really should join forces.

I got curious and searched the term color and mega man iv and found this.

His project is recent like yours, but it suffers from the blocks too.

https://youtu.be/udGYSjOX6G8

Very interesting! but my project is a rom hack and his is done in GBE+ where you can put textures or customize sprites so it's not the same thing  :P

Samus-AR

Hello, I'm new here and I wanted to know what your patched the games with,
I tried with Lunar IPS mais je n'ai pas l'impression que ├ža fonctionne  :-\.

amaturehr

@Tails Gaming Power Would you be at all willing to share your GBP Project file from GBColorizer?  I would love to learn from your work.  However, I understand you have been working hard on this, and thus may want to continue to keep this a personal project.