News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Earthbound hack "MaternalBound" released  (Read 7197 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: Earthbound hack "MaternalBound" released
« on: February 11, 2015, 09:22:02 pm »

Update By: HowlingWolf14

MaternalBound is an Earthbound hack whose ultimate goal is to make Earthnound as closely to Mother 2 as possible. By uncensoring the game and also changing title screens to the original counterparts, the game will be a proper american version of Mother 2.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Community/PKHack/WIP-MaternalBound-Uncensoring-Other-junk-hack/page/1)

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Earthbound hack "MaternalBound" released
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 10:57:01 pm »
WHAT?!
HOW DID MY HACK MAKE IT INTO THE MAIN PAGE?!

Oh God the hype haha XD
Thank you! :)

Hopefully by making it a sticky, some ASM hacker could lend me a hand to fix the title screen glitch to finally have a final, definitive version and release the Omega revision of this hack!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 11:07:04 pm by ShadowOne333 »

GreenBanana

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 05:01:08 pm »
Now fans can at long last finally play the long lost second game of the Mother series for the first time ever. Thank you for this brilliant service you have slaved over.

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 11:28:17 am »
WHAT?!
HOW DID MY HACK MAKE IT INTO THE MAIN PAGE?!

Oh God the hype haha XD
Thank you! :)

Hopefully by making it a sticky, some ASM hacker could lend me a hand to fix the title screen glitch to finally have a final, definitive version and release the Omega revision of this hack!

People can submit news on any hack's release, really. It's just that most don't.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

DiamanteLoco

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 10:06:40 pm »
Bought a copy of Mother 2 for Super Famicom after I saw this release. Just waiting on the Omega one to be done and off it goes to someone who can put a new rom chip with this release on it :D

nice work!

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 03:09:08 am »
Bought a copy of Mother 2 for Super Famicom after I saw this release. Just waiting on the Omega one to be done and off it goes to someone who can put a new rom chip with this release on it :D

nice work!
Thank you!
Hopefully, some ASM expertee could help out to fix that final glitch, since I have zero to no experience with it.

I do hope the Omega release sees the light of day!

Digitsie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 12:56:10 am »
The Omega release gave me fits trying to patch until I discovered that I should disregard it saying it needs a 'headered' rom on its page. Just expand an non-headered rom and I'm good.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 01:13:29 am »
The Omega release gave me fits trying to patch until I discovered that I should disregard it saying it needs a 'headered' rom on its page. Just expand an non-headered rom and I'm good.
Oh so expanding any ROM with CoilSnake gives the same result?
Didn't know that, good to know.

Oh and give a warmth welcome to the Omega patch in here, it should be up by tomorrow. :D

Digitsie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 01:36:49 am »
Well I didn't use coilsnake, just Lunar Expander, expanded an unheadered rom to 32 MBits and then patched it.

Trying to use a headered rom (either pre-expanded, or post-expanded) was giving me trouble.

kpe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 02:26:45 pm »
Im new here if guys need help let me know took me at least year sign in lol   im still bout 3-4 months off from making carts nes,snes,sega gameboy,a2600  so if have game you made and want it published i can help with that

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 05:36:40 pm »
Im new here if guys need help let me know took me at least year sign in lol   im still bout 3-4 months off from making carts nes,snes,sega gameboy,a2600  so if have game you made and want it published i can help with that
You mean reproduction carts?

Digitsie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2015, 11:08:44 pm »
The updates are great, but it seems like the Faithful edition hasn't been updated in keeping with the updates - should you branch those out?

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 09:53:10 pm »
Is this compatible with the "New Controls" patch? And why was the "rated M" patch kept separate if it's supposed to be uncensored? Thanks.
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 07:20:52 pm »
Yeah I think I might branch Faithful out.

As for Rated M, that's a patch that adds a few lines with harsh language according to Legends of Localization, but I kept that one separate because I wanted to keep te original MaternalBound kid-friendly.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 12:57:59 am »
I'm going to hack in a custom gas screen with the US screen. I'm not releasing it, just for personal use. It will say Earthbound(ONE WORD!) Giygas Strikes Back! This will take some tinkering.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015, 01:07:27 am »
I'm going to hack in a custom gas screen with the US screen. I'm not releasing it, just for personal use. It will say Earthbound(ONE WORD!) Giygas Strikes Back! This will take some tinkering.

Sure thing!
You can modify whatever you want from the game to fit your liking, that's why I added the source files haha.