(2015 year old message)
Hi everyone, first timer here. Didn't want to actually come here with my project without having done work on it. So I began translating Dragon Quest Battleroad victory on the wii and let me tell you it's colossal work. Most of the menu and battle texts are actually pictures and so I had to make a picture for each word, phrase, spell and menu item that needed translating and I'm still far from done, but a good chunk of the menus is done.
Can't belive it's been 5 years since I started this project. Unfortunatly, it didn't amount to anything because I wasn't able to gather the help for translating and modifying files. In those 5 years, however, I did pick a few more skills and now thanks to some folks on the Facebook group Dragon Questers, this project can finally move along. So I did lose everything I did back then, but the good news is that I'm doing way faster now with those new skills. I'll try to update as much I can and when possible, but you know, life and all.
I have not been able to gather much help to translate this game. It's quite an undertaking. I am able to dump most of the story mode text into text files now however. Theres like 20 files with over 700 lines of dialog in each of them
. I'm still not able to translate the monster compendium or the cards and even the battle texts.
Project screenshots :